Brings back core warrior

Yerlock.4678

We all know that the og war was the true god-king in his day. He/she deserves a resurrection. 
to start, the level 2/3 bursts need more love.

Also buffing more offhand weapons to make them more viable in wvw/pvp would go a long way. There’s plenty more but yeah… rip core war, needs to come back.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

GS/hammer needs weapon skills reworked, both are completely unplayable without account of their respective burst skills.

specially hammer which you need to CC the enemy to gain adrenaline, yet you will barely hit anyone without burst's mobility/resistance, then if you don't hit anyone you dont get adrenaline and it's just a bad cycle.

rifle core burst completely suck

mace core burst completely suck

sword core burst completely suck

longbow is ok, not too effective, but it's weapon skills and burst skills work decently on their own, not dependent on each other.

burst skills should be considered the result of a build up, and weapons should function without it's respective burst skills, as you don't have adrenaline in the beginning of the fight. hammer the worst offender.

rifle/sword weapon skills are independant from burst skills but the burst skills are just not worth using, just bad.

GS/hammer needs weapon skills worked

rifle/mace/sword need burst skills worked.

best core war weapons now are shield/warhorn/mh axe(which get destroyed by mh dagger)

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

GS/hammer needs weapon skills reworked, both are completely unplayable without account of their respective burst skills.

specially hammer which you need to CC the enemy to gain adrenaline, yet you will barely hit anyone without burst's mobility/resistance, then if you don't hit anyone you dont get adrenaline and it's just a bad cycle.

rifle core burst completely suck

mace core burst completely suck

sword core burst completely suck

longbow is ok, not too effective, but it's weapon skills and burst skills work decently on their own, not dependent on each other.

burst skills should be considered the result of a build up, and weapons should function without it's respective burst skills, as you don't have adrenaline in the beginning of the fight. hammer the worst offender.

rifle/sword weapon skills are independant from burst skills but the burst skills are just not worth using, just bad.

GS/hammer needs weapon skills worked

rifle/mace/sword need burst skills worked.

best core war weapons now are shield/warhorn/mh axe(which get destroyed by mh dagger)

Agree.

Imo, all weapons should pass the "Bladesworn Test": i.e., if the weapon sucks on bladesworn (because there is no core burst), the weapon's core kit needs work. The weapon needs to be good in it's own right, not just carried by the burst ability.

*Glares at GS*

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I'm in favor of just turning Burst skills into ammo skills that use all ammo on use. That way you go into battle with it ready to go and it recharges 1 ammo every 3s.

I'm still in favor of my previous suggestion to just rework Warrior's class mechanic to be more "modern" to what GW2 is today.

On 2/16/2023 at 4:11 PM, KryTiKaL.3125 said:

I keep tracking back to this and at this point its just sounding selfish and bias, but I really do think they should do something to Adrenaline as a class mechanic similar to a suggestion I have made in the past; make each level of Adrenaline gained proc effects.

So it could roughly be something along the lines of;
First Bar of Adrenaline gained: 2 stacks of Might (5s)
Second Bar of Adrenaline gained: 4 stacks of Might (5s), Fury (5s)
Third Bar of Adrenaline gained: 8 stacks of Might (5s), Fury (10s), Quickness (3s)

Incentivizing both gaining and spending Adrenaline. They could even center traits around this new function too.

Adrenaline as we know it today conceptually worked in earlier GW2 in PvP because people had less tools and personal boon generation was nowhere near the levels it sits at today. Warrior also was propped up by unhealthy gameplay "gimmicks" (passive proc stances, far overtuned self healing) that justifiably needed to be nerfed but, and I've explained this before, they never got anything to compensate for the loss that would have been healthier for gameplay.

Admittedly this issue with Warrior's class mechanic doesn't necessarily extend into PvE because in PvE bosses don't dodge your very telegraphed attacks or have numerous ways of reactively applying Blinds, Aegis, invulns, blocks or evades, but players do and it almost entirely invalidates the burst skill interactions that, unfortunately, Warrior tends to need to be even remotely on par with other classes with damage output, sustain and boon generation/reliability.

So really most anything they seem to be trying to do seems like half measures or out of an overly exaggerated concern that it would overtune them in PvE and...well it probably would, but thats what iterative balance patches are for. So you can adjust that.

I have yet to be convinced that this wouldn't be an appropriate course of action to take with the class. Everything else they have attempted hasn't really shifted Warrior's situation much on the competitive side of the game. PvE is...whatever. Its mostly just numbers balancing and Warrior isn't even benchmarking the highest anymore, its at the bottom of the top 10 highest benchmark DPS now (10 and 11). Don't get me wrong, 40k is still high but if the concern would be "doing this would push it too far" well then it would probably just land where the 9 other classes above it in that list are.

Its a huge risk to change the core mechanic of the class...but at the same time clearly something more deeply embedded in the class needs the changes otherwise its just going to be this revolving door of, still, not much changing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

i have a mountain of words i want to type out. but this is getting really unhealthy. besides i feel its futile.

so on a positive note.

i've seen better days since oct 2022 and feb 2023. i think they are doing a very good job since the 💩 last june.

keep up the good work new balance team. still rooting for ya. 💪

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, MemeLord.1096 said:

Bringing back core warrior or any of the core professionals does nothing to sale and even discourage players from buying expansion to get the shiny elite specs.

Thus, NOPE.

Core guard is great in pvp, and core necro has been in and out of meta for while now. There's been some cases.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Except that Core is the chassis that the especs have to work with.

Well, duh. But this is way off the topic. What i'm try to point out is that core specs will never, ever going be addressed. This can easily be proved when look into how the Defense trait rework affected core warrior (Hammer build to be precise).

Core Warrior can hardly land hammer's F1 or any other skills because of the blind spam fiesta and also have no access to Resistance boon except Berserker's stance. The Defense trait rework finally give access to another source of Resistance through dodge.

But guess what, they also moved the Hammer trait to Defense trait for no reason and force us to make a choice of having our hammer's traited and nothing ever happened or getting resistance but hammer is gonna be weaker than before. Like what?, why? Am i not allowed to have good things? My only personal theory is that because Spellbreaker and Berserker already have Resistance from their traits and Bladesworn's burst ignore blindness.

Since tradeoff is slowly being remove, sooner or later Core warrior would just be the budget version of the Elite ones. The only possible way to acctually buff Core Warrior without affecting the Elite counterparts is to buff/rework the Tier 2,3 core burst skills or even go crazier by give us the 3rd weapon set so the Masters of Weaponry can finally live to their true name. What kind of kitten Fire field AoE skill tick damage every 3 seconds.

P/s: Anet is terrify of warrior, they don't want us to be too effective while spending "low" amount of effort but yet ... Mechanist exist.

Edited by MemeLord.1096
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, MemeLord.1096 said:

Well, duh. But this is way off the topic. What i'm try to point out is that core specs will never, ever going be addressed. This can easily be proved when look into how the Defense trait rework affected core warrior (Hammer build to be precise).

Core Warrior can hardly land hammer's F1 or any other skills because of the blind spam fiesta and also have no access to Resistance boon except Berserker's stance. The Defense trait rework finally give access to another source of Resistance through dodge.

But guess what, they also moved the Hammer trait to Defense trait for no reason and force us to make a choice of having our hammer's traited and nothing ever happened or getting resistance but hammer is gonna be weaker than before. Like what?, why? Am i not allowed to have good things? My only personal theory is that because Spellbreaker and Berserker already have Resistance from their traits and Bladesworn's burst ignore blindness.

Since tradeoff is slowly being remove, sooner or later Core warrior would just be the budget version of the Elite ones. The only possible way to acctually buff Core Warrior without affecting the Elite counterparts is to buff/rework the Tier 2,3 core burst skills or even go crazier by give us the 3rd weapon set so the Masters of Weaponry can finally live to their true name. What kind of kitten Fire field AoE skill tick damage every 3 seconds.

P/s: Anet is terrify of warrior, they don't want us to be too effective while spending "low" amount of effort but yet ... Mechanist exist.

if bladesworn only ever works with axe, it wouldn't be very fun and expansion selling, right?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

if bladesworn only ever works with axe, it wouldn't be very fun and expansion selling, right?

I doubt they ever planned on a Warrior specialization to sell someone an expansion or tried to have them up to par.

Outside of maybe Berserker, they never were designed with the environment in mind that they got released into.

Spellbreaker was supposed to be anti-boon, yet the very expansion it released with was also the introduction of far more boon vomit than Spellbreaker was ever designed to remove. And it's decent damage at the started was nerfed not long into the expansion.

Junksworn uses a clunky resource mechanic that is worse than Adrenaline and takes longer to build up. Imagine naming a resource Flow and making sure it's the (or at least one of the) least flowing resource mechanic. And its big damage mechanic requires it to sit still and channel for too long in a game that keeps on increasing the CC and AoE vomit, even in PvE. And then that big damage was able to be avoided by basic movement, which even PvE enemies do. Did they ever fix the Dragon Trigger, so it can no  longer be jumped over or side-stepped?

I don't remember how Berserker was at the start of HoT, but I doubt it was much better off.

• Like 2

what's funny is that dagger feels like a complete combination of sword/mace/axe and more.

dagger has 2 leaps with a total of 750 range and one has only 6 second cooldown, and being able to use separately makes it more versatile.

sword has 1 leap with 600 range and that's basically all sword has going for.

dagger has decent damage, aura slicer does the same damage as cyclone axe, breaching strike does the same damage as tier 1 eviscerate, not also has farther range, is unblockable, and removes 3 boons.

only axe AA does better damage then dagger, but nobody uses AA when getting in melee, unless you have to, very rarely.

dagger has a daze, like mace, on interrupt the daze last longer then mace, if it's not interrupt it lasts shorter. while dagger out damage/out mobility in every way, mace has nothing going for it other then the daze.

dagger basically combines all three weapons and made it more versatile and also slap unblockable and boon removal on it.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

dagger basically combines all three weapons and made it more versatile and also slap unblockable and boon removal on it.

Don't forget that Spellbreaker's daggers also have Arenanet's favourite feature, that's mostly missing from other Warrior weapons: flashy particle effects.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Don't forget that Spellbreaker's daggers also have Arenanet's favourite feature, that's mostly missing from other Warrior weapons: flashy particle effects.

yea, idk why spellbreaker has such nice effects, while they removed Berserker effect intentionally and bladesworn look so bad.

same goes for the warhorn new effect introduced in 2019, the new effect look so good and so refreshing

but then it's gone..bladesworn skills like most EoD elites, look terrible

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I doubt they ever planned on a Warrior specialization to sell someone an expansion or tried to have them up to par.

Outside of maybe Berserker, they never were designed with the environment in mind that they got released into.

Spellbreaker was supposed to be anti-boon, yet the very expansion it released with was also the introduction of far more boon vomit than Spellbreaker was ever designed to remove. And it's decent damage at the started was nerfed not long into the expansion.

Junksworn uses a clunky resource mechanic that is worse than Adrenaline and takes longer to build up. Imagine naming a resource Flow and making sure it's the (or at least one of the) least flowing resource mechanic. And its big damage mechanic requires it to sit still and channel for too long in a game that keeps on increasing the CC and AoE vomit, even in PvE. And then that big damage was able to be avoided by basic movement, which even PvE enemies do. Did they ever fix the Dragon Trigger, so it can no  longer be jumped over or side-stepped?

I don't remember how Berserker was at the start of HoT, but I doubt it was much better off.

Right you are!

There are vastly more boon-heavy specs than anti-boon specs.

And now that I think about it, bladesworn would make sense in gw1, where you cannot move while casting! In gw2, it's just a slow sack of potatoes!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/7/2023 at 2:35 AM, Lighter.5631 said:

Combustive Shot is very weird considering it is a AoE pulsing skill. Why does it pulse damage every 3 seconds? Symbols don't, Wells don't and Scourched Earth definitely don't.

14 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Right you are!

There are vastly more boon-heavy specs than anti-boon specs.

And now that I think about it, bladesworn would make sense in gw1, where you cannot move while casting! In gw2, it's just a slow sack of potatoes!

yea, you can definitely not charge at all at this point, people just throw all the CC to you, not even one stab would be enough at this current stat of game imo.

specially people will walk out of range of dash with super speed by the time you finish charging, and not charged dragon trigger not worth using at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

yea, you can definitely not charge at all at this point, people just throw all the CC to you, not even one stab would be enough at this current stat of game imo.

specially people will walk out of range of dash with super speed by the time you finish charging, and not charged dragon trigger not worth using at all.

don't forget uneven terrain, earthshaker has similar problems, and its been there since launch. 🤣

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Buffing core is in fact extremely easy by buff all the aspects of a core that their elite spec do not have access to, in warrior's case are T2, T3 burst skills. However, Arenanet runs meta and their balance phylosophy is surrounding Elite specs, not cores. Every change recently that affected core warrior is just an aftermath of Arenanet trying to balance 3 other Elite specs.

p/s: Support Core Guardian is meta because Firebrand is so broken they are not allowed to exist in PvP and the other 2 are selfish specs. Once they figure out how to make Firebrand works in PvP (and they will, eventually) , Core guardian will also fall into the "Budget Tier" along with all other core classes. Change my mind.

Edited by MemeLord.1096
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1