Next expansion weapon

vardeleanu.8972

On 4/14/2023 at 9:35 AM, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Most likely due to some hiring for a undisclosed game by arena over the past year or two. 

Means guild wars 2 is effectively in maintence mode as definitely shows by the change in direction from fully fleshed out expansions and game additions to smaller patches just to not have the game become completely stagnant.

Everyone gave Dr Meta the confusion eyes so lemme explain. 

Anet recently said they are no longer releasing elite specs and are instead going to optimize the existing specs, while incorporating other pvp/wvw/pve content along the way.

There was rumors eons ago that a new game is currently in development but a lot of it has been hush-hush. Some say it's gw3, others think it's an entirely new game altogether. Last I heard about it Anet was looking to hire people for "a new combat experience game"... so take it as you will. (saw on reddit awhile back).

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Everyone gave Dr Meta the confusion eyes so lemme explain. 

Anet recently said they are no longer releasing elite specs and are instead going to optimize the existing specs, while incorporating other pvp/wvw/pve content along the way.

There was rumors eons ago that a new game is currently in development but a lot of it has been hush-hush. Some say it's gw3, others think it's an entirely new game altogether. Last I heard about it Anet was looking to hire people for "a new combat experience game"... so take it as you will. (saw on reddit awhile back).

I think they're more confused about the maintence mode comment. Especially since such a thing would be very worrisome for a lot of players addicted to this game.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 11:29 PM, YVictory.6840 said:

Why last? Are they working on GW3?

No, because they are doing a new model of more frequent expacs which would make it harder to make new elite specs in that time. I also think they want to try other things/run out of ideas. Doesn't mean there never will be new ones again, but certainly not in the next expac and probably not anytime soon.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Because he said the game was in maintenance mode, lol.

Explain, indeed.

The road map outlines a new direction flow where a lot of content is cut out in favor of small edits here and there at a faster pace than when the expansions come out, but at a far slower pace than a normally patched online game whereas even there, the content produced is larger.

Its better than what bliizard did with overwatch where they simply gave nothing for years while they worked on overwatch 2 only to scrap much of what they worked on for years and leave the playerbase with a worse experience than overwatch 1.

While much of the company's attention is diverted away from guild wars 2 (again like they did on the failed mobile gaming but this time with a smaller staff), the illusion of grandiose plans for the game is upheld to maintain guild wars 2 in the meantime whereas reading with the slightest bit of scrutiny shows that there isn't much in store for the future. Hence, maintenence mode.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

The road map outlines a new direction flow where a lot of content is cut out in favor of small edits here and there at a faster pace than when the expansions come out, but at a far slower pace than a normally patched online game whereas even there, the content produced is larger.

Its better than what bliizard did with overwatch where they simply gave nothing for years while they worked on overwatch 2 only to scrap much of what they worked on for years and leave the playerbase with a worse experience than overwatch 1.

While much of the company's attention is diverted away from guild wars 2 (again like they did on the failed mobile gaming but this time with a smaller staff), the illusion of grandiose plans for the game is upheld to maintain guild wars 2 in the meantime whereas reading with the slightest bit of scrutiny shows that there isn't much in store for the future. Hence, maintenence mode.

Fascinating piece of headcanon.

Unrelated; take your meds, folks!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

"Producing new content, but not the new content I want to see or the rate I want" is a very loose definition of 'maintenance mode'.

Sorry, but if there's new content being produced regularly, it ain't maintenance mode. It might not be good, but maintenance mode is just that - they're maintaining what's already there and not adding anything new. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless of what happens, if I could bring us back to the original topic of this thread, here's what I'd want; if it's just a new weapon, I'd like to have a warhorn for my guard. And if at some point in the future that we do get new e-specs, I would want one based on an idea someone posted on Reddit a couple years ago where they gained an off-hand mace and replaced the passive burning condi with freezing 

EDIT: I found it 

Edited by Mediahead.3542

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest the core weapons can be upgraded. Once upgraded, core weapons provide you a choice to use secondary set of weapon skills. For example, the secondary GS skills becomes mainly long range.  You can equip a long range GS into the secondary weapon slot and a core skill GS into the first slot at the same time.

Edited by Guyver.1426

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2023 at 9:22 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

Main hand pistols...

Called it back in April lol.

[sPvP] pistol power damage & utility has to be there for WB to use p/p. Otherwise the meta for WB will be a variation of Power GS/LB/Sword/Sword.

Even if pistols was strictly a condi weapon, Condi WB would still be inferior to Core or DH Condi builds. But I still would not recommend condi guard in competitive. Classes will have more access to cleanses come expansion.

Edited by Saiyan.1704