Wouldn't daily reset make more sense in the morning?

The daily reset time in the U.S. makes sense to me. It happens during prime time when more people are off work and have the time to play. Generally, I would think, that means more people are available for doing bounties, boss fights, map metas, jp porting, etc - all the things involved in completing dailies.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

So the priority for reset on US servers is a non-US location? 

No, that was purely a bit of humorous sarcasm.  It would make sense to have reset in the morning for maintenance, it seems reasonable to have it in the evening for dailies.  People get on the US servers then and it helps get them on when the majority are off work.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Reset is at 0 UTC, something quite a few games use as it's static and requires far less work than constant localized resets (and potential exploits that would come with that). Especially when it comes to time changes and how some places do them while others don't. UTC is a constant and it's far easier for people to figure out their relation to it than have a handful or programmers add unneeded code trying to account for everything and undoubtedly missing some things and not updating things whenever a region stops time changing or changes when they do it.

Patch and gemstore updates are at 9AM Pacific time as that's the timezone Anet is in and thus have the most hands available if something goes wrong and have the whole workday to work on any issues without going into overtime.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Who do you think is actually affected by reset time and why? For most people the only thing that matters is that a reset has occurred since the last time they played. For people whose play time is split by reset then some things can be done after reset then the reset can be finished the next day.

I guess people who suffer from OCD might have issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I like it prime time NA. It means if I didn’t play yesterday, I can log in, benefit from daily stuff, then benefit again same play session.

Since someone is confused…

I don’t play every day. Reset for me is at 8pm currently.

I log in at 6:30, get my daily login reward. I can often get daily completionist playing a few PvP matches or doing three PVE dailies. Grab my home nodes, and then reset at 8pm lets me do all those things again.

I could play every other day and have no decrease in rewards that are gated once per day.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Is it just me or is daily reset in the evening kind of odd? Wouldn't morning be better? 

To note, not all cultures start their new day in the morning. I know of at least one that counts the new day starting at sundown.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It is in the morning.  10 am, at the moment.   I prefer it after the time changes when it's 11 am, though. Still, it's nice that it's in the morning.  Sincerely, the guy from Australia.

See!  Morning somewhere!  Australia ❤️

• Confused 1