A new kind of loser thief appears!

Nabbut.7480

I've seen a well know thief streamer do that on a stream already a few years ago, so it's not a "new kind of thief loser".

He was like: "Oh, we got this, that and this in our team... We already lost, it's pointless to do anything." And then he proceeded to just roam around the map doing absolutely nothing useful, just looking at it's teammate getting outnumbered until the end of the match.

Only "losers" play a "loser" class. There's a reason the class's balance is an afterthought to everything else. What did you expect?

See you "losers" on May 2nd, when nothing will change, including Trickery (Preparedness & Sleight of Hand) and Acrobatics.

Edited by Asra.8746
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, SpiderZ.9146 said:

that goes idle because "It's lost, we can't fight them" instead of (de)capping empty points like normal thief would.

Haven't seen that kind of idiocy before, must be new.

Stop bashing thieves just because they didnt play the game your way. Let others do what they want, it's their games. And yes it's only a game. Have a break, have  a kit kat 🧱

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Min Min.9368 said:

Stop bashing

Unfortunately, if you don't bash people for bad behaviour they may decide it is okay and fine and keep doing this.

This game is a wargame so defeatism is considered bad behaviour here and must be reprimanded.

• Confused 2

Idiocy isn't limited to any specific class. The main reason I don't play sPvP is because half the time I'm the only one fighting after the other team get a 100 point lead, decap doesn't work if my team is sat at spawn and the enemy are spready across the points with nothing to fight.

And that's saying nothing about the kamikaze idiots on other classes that spend the entire match running to far and instadying while simultaneously flaming the thief for not decapping, not realising they're keeping that one enemy player at far the entire game while his team sit their 4 vs our 3 on mid, and also not realising that if they went mid I could join them for the 5v4 then decap when the guy on far comes to help. Unfortunately it's just easier to blame the thief than to realise that you're the reason the thief can't do his job. 

• Like 1

I specifically mentioned empty point, like in no enemy player on it. And in my cases it was inverse of what you describe, with rest of the team down there fighting 4v5 at close, and thief idling in spawn alone instead of decapping empty, I emphasise it again, points. That's why I called this behaviour "new".

• Confused 1

Agree: such behavior is dumb, and deserves to be called out as such.

Disagree: that this is new behavior. Has been going on for at least 6+ years (as long as I've been playing), but more likely has been happening for the entire lifespan of the game. Especially with thieves - a decap thief's ability to truly swing the outcome depends extremely heavily on the rest of the team doing their jobs as normal. Given that thieves often inherently feel less empowered than their teammates, it shouldn't surprise anyone that they're often the first to see things as hopeless.

If the choice is "work hard, and probably lose anyways" vs "do nothing, and lose for sure," many will opt not to waste their effort given the high probability of the same losing outcome. I agree that this is not a really advisable mindset to have in a competitive mode, but it is what it is.

On 4/11/2023 at 8:20 AM, Min Min.9368 said:

Stop bashing thieves just because they didnt play the game your way. Let others do what they want, it's their games. And yes it's only a game. Have a break, have  a kit kat 🧱

I think bashing defeatist quitters is fair game regardless of profession.

"It's their game" is fine if running around in open world or other solo content, but as soon as you queue for sPvP or join a PvE instance, it's not just their game, it's theirs and that of 4-9 others whose experience they can ruin by deliberately not pulling their weight.

The game has a specific report for idle players in sPvP (even if there are people who claim that reports never get acted on), and I think there's a system for punishing players who spend too long in a PvP map without moving or using a skill, and these functions are there for a reason. The only difference between a player who runs around the map deliberately not contributing because they've given up, and the player who just idles in base, is that the former is actively seeking to avoid due punishment.

Might as well play it out. While I'm not saying it's common, I've seen some pretty spectacular comebacks. But it's pretty hard to come back from 20% of your team deliberately not contributing.

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 10:28 AM, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

Idiocy isn't limited to any specific class. The main reason I don't play sPvP is because half the time I'm the only one fighting after the other team get a 100 point lead, decap doesn't work if my team is sat at spawn and the enemy are spready across the points with nothing to fight.

And that's saying nothing about the kamikaze idiots on other classes that spend the entire match running to far and instadying while simultaneously flaming the thief for not decapping, not realising they're keeping that one enemy player at far the entire game while his team sit their 4 vs our 3 on mid, and also not realising that if they went mid I could join them for the 5v4 then decap when the guy on far comes to help. Unfortunately it's just easier to blame the thief than to realise that you're the reason the thief can't do his job. 

Ugh this, a 100 times over. I find almost without fail if I ever see "our thief is bad" rage in chat it's from the person making my job harder.

The other type is the one that rages because I ran from a 3v3 fight at a single point, that we then lose, but we gain the other two points instead because I capped them.

I'm not hanging around fair fights unless I have no other option mate, it's either de/capping or unfair fights (advantage to me).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, capuchinseven.8395 said:

Ugh this, a 100 times over. I find almost without fail if I ever see "our thief is bad" rage in chat it's from the person making my job harder.

The other type is the one that rages because I ran from a 3v3 fight at a single point, that we then lose, but we gain the other two points instead because I capped them.

I'm not hanging around fair fights unless I have no other option mate, it's either de/capping or unfair fights (advantage to me).

Personally, I tend to start raising eyebrows and aggressively pinging likely unguarded points on the minimap when I see my team's thief spending too much time in teamfights at mid. Especially daredevils.

• Like 1