Death Perception bug?

Pecar.1236

This was changed last year where it now works that you gain the crit chance passively instantly, you have it regardless of being in shroud or not, it's not like the old version where you got it for just being in shroud.

The crit damage part was also changed in that patch where instead of giving ferocity, you now gain a 15% multiplier, this is not the same as crit damage gained from ferocity and stuff, it will not show on your hero panel.  To put it simple, you do a crit and your ferocity damage will dictate the crit size, but if you are using death perception then that crit size is then multiplied by a further 15%.

You can see it working if you were to hit a golem with and without death perception and compare the damage you would see the death perception crits are higher.

To explain it in math,

You have 225% crit dmg, your crit is 1000, it gets multiplied by 225% so 1000 x 2.25 = 2250 dmg

If death perception added 15% crit damage, you would now do 240% crit damage so 1000 x 2.4 = 2400 dmg

How death perception actually works, you have 225% crit dmg + 15% multiplier so 1000 x 2.25 x1.15 = 2587.5 dmg

Edited by Bookah pls.9352
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

+15% critical damage is worded poorly, since "Critical Damage" is actually a derive attribute that this trait does not affect. It also uses the ferocity icon to confuse you even more.

Properly worded it should read, +15% strike damage on crit (while in shroud). So it acts similar to something like "Close to Death" except that the the condition is being in shroud and successful crit, instead of an enemy health threshold.

This is quite a bit stronger than a 15% increase in the derived "Critical damage" attribute. So it caused a lot of confusion and the combined changes were seen as a fairly hard nerf when read in the patch notes, but in practice was somewhat of a neutral QoL improving tradeoff.

Something I just noticed yesterday, when I was accidentally playing a wrong build in PvE.

If you start autoattacking in shroud, then drop out of shroud after the first autoattack, there can happen some weird things:

A) you have quickness: it finishes the whole auto attack chain

B) you don't have quickness: it does at least the second attack of the auto chain, sometimes even the third one.

Has this always been a thing?

On 4/27/2023 at 3:10 AM, Nimon.7840 said:

Something I just noticed yesterday, when I was accidentally playing a wrong build in PvE.

If you start autoattacking in shroud, then drop out of shroud after the first autoattack, there can happen some weird things:

A) you have quickness: it finishes the whole auto attack chain

B) you don't have quickness: it does at least the second attack of the auto chain, sometimes even the third one.

Has this always been a thing?

It may be a visual or audio bug.  Have you checked the combat logs?  Traiting blood magic can make it easy to tell in those when you drop out of shroud thanks to Vampiric.

On 4/28/2023 at 4:23 PM, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

It may be a visual or audio bug.  Have you checked the combat logs?  Traiting blood magic can make it easy to tell in those when you drop out of shroud thanks to Vampiric.

Yes I checked combat log. And it clearly displays the whole auto chain. 

So no one else has that?