In yall opinion, which Revenant Skills "SUCK" and why?

Knighthonor.4061

Revenant:

Legendary centaur stance:

The whole moving stone concept. I know some like it so, I'm just pointing out that I'm part of the players that don't like it.

Herald:

Shield:

Envoy of exuberance: Ground targeted healing skill. Feel awful to use.

Cristal hibernation: Root the character.

Edited by Dadnir.5038
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

There's few but clear answers to that.

The first ones to come to my mind are from the hammer, with Coalescence of Ruin above nything else. The hammer is not only the only ranged weapon in core Revenant (and Hearld and Vindicator), but also one of the least used in the entire game. Hammer's auto attacks deliver 2/3 of the damage from sword or greatsword autos, which is bad, but the main shame in the hammer is not the numbers, which can easily be adjusted, but the mechanics. The change in CoR worked did not only made it weaker, it also made it the most bugged, clunky, inconsistent and worst implemented weapon in the game (whic still has an use; susrprisingly there are weapons which work better nmd more consistently but aren't used).

Since CmC is on a crusade to revert drawbacks (Vindi and Mirage single evade, Berserker  armor reduction... ) I think that CoR could be changed to the original way in which worked, and then just reduce the damage to the values they would regard as acceptable in WvW (since I doubt anyone would use it in PvE even with the changes).The old CoR skill at least hit the foes consistently and tracked them instead of being an empty slot with no use in a forgotten weapon. There's a reason why is the only (ground) Rev weapon which I don't have as legendary (and by the way: I think that the trident has priority/offers more value).

There's a couple of badly nerfed ones in Mallyx and Jalis, but nothing as overwhelming as CoR. I would say also that Energy Meld is a total waste of space and I'll gladly would pay  the price of a full expansion to see it removed from the game. I never use it and filling the space (F2) in a swap to Viktor (F3) messes my changes and is the reason I almost never use the blue legend. I don't want anything in exchange, just remove Energy Meld.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Archemorus and Viktor skills, all of them. They have virtually no identity by themselves and only barely in opposition to each other. And frankly something like skill flipping or a much shorter swap cooldown would be needed to make the legends feel like an alliance that cooperates rather than gets in its own way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Outside of shield feeling a bit outdated in today's WvW/SPvP (Self roots that don't have massive payoff feel less than great), the only stuff I actively avoid for Revenant are the legendary Renegade skills. Kind of sucks that you utility skills can be shut down by just getting melted by random attacks flying all over the place.

Some off the stuff on Legendary Demon Stance feels too expensive to be usable in a lot of situations (without charged mists), but I can see that they'd be problematic if they were more spammable, so it's a very hard thing to rebalance without tuning the skills themselves.

I wouldn't mind seeing Hammer getting a bit of love (mainly around the consistency of the #2 ability), but it's more 'quirky' than outright unusable when I've tried it.

• Like 1

Coalescence of Ruin is the worst skill ever without question and has required an urgent fix for 3 years now. Hitbox dislocated as well as failed to reg properly.

Empowering Misery stands as the second with contradicting mechanics since the Resistance changes not nullifying Poison healing debuff.

Forced Engagement be the third with the unjustified changes without any context given as they were applied. Unecessary LoS jank with nerfed range that was never an issue until they added a multi target AoE.

Inspiring Reinforcement as fourth has this terrible oversight on the AoE height that makes projectile finishers impossible without aiming at a downward angle and the PvP initial stability has been nerfed wrongly.

As a bundle for fifth, all Ventari skills being not being usable in mid air and the elite causes the tablet to vanish without any effect if done in mid air is inexcusable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

I have a question regarding the Replenishing Despair trait. Specifically, I'm wondering why other players are able to cleanse my conditions, and how I can effectively play with this trait in a party setting.

While I appreciate the unique gameplay that Replenishing Despair provides, I've noticed that other players cleansing my conditions can lower my DPS significantly. I would appreciate any advice or insights on how to navigate this issue while still making the most of this trait in a party.

Gs3 it has good dmg but unless you are in range for the teleport the movement skill only goes half way, also it is a lost oportunity of giving vindicator an aoe pull wich would work well with its skill set and give some needed cc.

Jade wind is a pretty bad elite skill for what rev could be, it recently got a dmg increase but there are better ways of changing/implementing the skill, at least making it become a ground targeted  ranged skill, even with short range, could make it more worth that much energy drain.

On shiro both movement skills, theyre good, but if you look at willbender now.... theyre like the beta version of willbender skills, maybe some tipe of follow up or fusing them and getting a new skill would be good.

Out of that i dont know what id change

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Shield 4: Theres currently no use for it in pve. You dont need extra protection. The extra healing can just be given by staff. 
Id say lets just replace protection by aegis, making it an great addition to heal herald. Every decent healer can give aegis nowadays, except herald. With that, the healing wouldnt be the "main feature" of this skill anymore. (+Bugged since Invulns from enemies destroy your "friendly projectile")

Alliance Elite "Urn of Saint Victor": I dont even know where to start here. Booning? Bad. Healing? ok-ish. Movementspeed? is still bad. But on top the "Receive 0 healing and passively tick damage to yourself" is just hot garbage. 
Make it just drain energy and remove the self-pain and no-selfheal aspect.

Energy Meld: Too much energy for too little endurance, even with cast time.

Hammer 2: bugged as hell

Hammer 3: bugged as hell

Hammer 4: bugged as hell

And imo, pain absorption is in a really bad shape too. The Idea of sucking in allied conditions is nice, but since resistance has been removed, rev has almost 0 capabilities of handling conditions. Outside of solo play, this is useless apart from some memes.

Edited by Virdo.1540
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

As someone new to Revenant, the more I play a heal Vindicator, the more I feel Ventari skills are lacklustre for costing so much to use

Comparing Purifying Essence to Tree Song, Tree Song removes more conditions, heals for more per condition removed, gives endurance, gives regen, and it costs less with a lower cooldown in PvE, with the same cost in WvW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Legendary Alliance Stance elite skills.

Spear of Archemorus

This is not that bad but i don't understand why this do torment. Whole Alliance legend is power based. Change torment to knockdown and lower damage if needed.

Urn of Saint Viktor

This will not heal enough of what it takes away. You might keep others alive a little longer but then you need healing and you can't get heal while using this.

This should be placeable urn and have its own hp bar. 

Edited by Mara.6782
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Mara.6782 said:

Legendary Alliance Stance elite skills.

Spear of Archemorus

This is not that bad but i don't understand why this do torment. Whole Alliance legend is power based. Change torment to knockdown and lower damage if needed.

Urn of Saint Viktor

This will not heal enough of what it takes away. You might keep others alive a little longer but then you need healing and you can't get heal while using this.

This should be placeable urn and have its own hp bar. 

no one wants to wait 3s for knockdown

Now that I think about it, Malyx also feels a bit off as well due to the high cost. A lot of builds I've seen only use the elite and outright ignore the utilities because they're so situational and cost so much. I feel like the utilities should have a cooldown to balance out a lower energy cost

Axe 4 (the throw and teleport one). It doesn't suck but I cannot get the hang of it. On some encounters it feels almost almost bugged. Claw fight at end of Drizzlewood. It teleports you out to the middle area and not near the foot you are targeting. And the amount of times I brainfart and use it on the sniper at the bridge and fall off the ledge is hilarious. Leap skills in general frustrate me. I just enjoy sword/axe combo and keep doing it even if its suboptimal.

• Haha 1

Spear of Archemorous (spvp) huge animation and cast with little damage.

Banish enchantment: 3 boons is not even enough to consider with the energy cost and it feels like a filler skill. Maybe with the next expac that will never come it will have a place.

Legendary centaur: just a janky legend that does not enough for having to yank it every time you move.

Gaze of Darkness: does anyone find it annoying that if you don't have it active you literally can't recover from cc?

Hammer: does barely any damage, barely any cc, and useless outside of wvw zerging.

Mender's rebuke: really hard to make work.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, hexadecimalwtf.4203 said:

Axe 4 (the throw and teleport one). It doesn't suck but I cannot get the hang of it. On some encounters it feels almost almost bugged. 

The annoying part is when the target says that you are in range for axe 4 but once u press it the skills doesnt land.. 

• Like 1