Skyscale Rider: Tarnished Coast Cannot Be Completed

It's been years and the Metrica Reality Rift still won't register as complete for me.  I'm 3 points away from my 36K chest so I went to check if this achieve has been fixed since it would be quite fast (yes, I can and will get the three AP elsewhere, it's just this reminded me).  Completing Tarnished Coast would be 5 points, plus 25 more for it thus completing Ruler of the Skies.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Since this achievement was released I have regularly tried to complete it. At this point I have tried just about anything, done all the rifts MANY times and on all my characters. According to api on the wiki I am missing the one top right in metrica province.

• Like 1

That is the same one that eludes me.  I didn't get to the achieve before they swapped which ones counted (I think two maps were cross-posted so you got credit for one by going to the other) and they made it impossible to get it after that.  Did you just check after the patch to see if it was an undocumented fix?  I don't really have the heart to run that rift again if I don't have to, the sinking sensation when it once again fails to give me credit sours me on the game for hours.

• Like 1

Sitting myself at 42.5k AP.. and this achieve is broken in the same place. I submit bugs occassionally about it, but nothing ever comes of it. 

If its something that cant/wont be fixed, can there be a way to just reset the whole achieve for those of us with this problem?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawthorn.8146 said:

I've got the same problem with the northeast metrica rift. Let's hope they finally got around to fix this problem with SotO and the new Skyscale acquisition method coming soon.

you could always go through them all again ticking them off on paper to see that it aint bugged api and your missing one of the other ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

you could always go through them all again ticking them off on paper to see that it aint bugged api and your missing one of the other ones.

I did all of them multiple times, so its highly unlikely that i missed one. I just kinda gave up and wait for a fix. Just wanted to leave a comment to push the topic

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Olvendred.3027 said:

I have the same problem, and have also checked by repeating all the Tarnished Coast rifts several times.

Not all tarnished coast every one of them there was a bug were 1 rift in one region unlocked another in tarnished coast.

So the api might point you to the wrong one.

19 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Not all tarnished coast every one of them there was a bug were 1 rift in one region unlocked another in tarnished coast.

So the api might point you to the wrong one.

Thank you for the persistent suggestions, but this is a real problem that we have tested extensively: as I said, trying every single rift in the achievement multiple times, not just relying on the API.

That thread from the original release of those achievements, when there was a bug that: a) the NE Metrica Province rift gave no achievement progress, but b) the S Caledon Forest rift gave progress for 2. That bug was supposedly fixed in the next update, however for certain accounts the Metrica one still gives no progress (hence this thread).

My guess is that this current bug is only for accounts that got partial progress on on the Tarnished Coast achievement before the supposed fix (in my case, I did the Metrica one and realised it didn't grant progress, so stopped until later). If you completely started it after the fix, you won't get the same bug.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Olvendred.3027 said:

Thank you for the persistent suggestions, but this is a real problem that we have tested extensively: as I said, trying every single rift in the achievement multiple times, not just relying on the API.

That thread from the original release of those achievements, when there was a bug that: a) the NE Metrica Province rift gave no achievement progress, but b) the S Caledon Forest rift gave progress for 2. That bug was supposedly fixed in the next update, however for certain accounts the Metrica one still gives no progress (hence this thread).

My guess is that this current bug is only for accounts that got partial progress on on the Tarnished Coast achievement before the supposed fix (in my case, I did the Metrica one and realised it didn't grant progress, so stopped until later). If you completely started it after the fix, you won't get the same bug.

Ok thank you for clarifying, I just recently did this myself and as you said had no problems.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...