Boon Prevention - Timed - Not allowing boons if stripped for certain amount of time.

Vile.4387

Wondering if there will ever possibly be an implementation of boon ripping, which will prevent the boon that was stripped to be re-applied in a set amount of time. Strictly speaking for PVP elements. I have no issues with the way PVE functions, as apparently it is required in some instances or makes the game easier (however you wanna slice it). However, in WvW, where you may have instances of multiple people cycling their cool downs, in order to have permanent uptime on boons, seems to be an issue I have. I doubt I am the only one.

So I call for a change, which would negate being able to apply the boon again if it was removed from a skill. I think this would vastly change the dynamic of how PVP fights in general play out. No longer being able to re-apply stability, or shields, or movement speed buffs, etc...

Thoughts on maybe some altered skills, preventing boons to be re-applied if ripped/converted?

Would it be a complete shift in how the game is played?

Would you hate it?

I wouldn't.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Yes. That would just lead to condi-spam builds and people not being able to play their characters. Teamwork would be severely hampered since you wouldn't be able to give say swiftness to a low mobility character who really needs it.

Necros already have the most potent abilities against permanent boon uptime, like strips and corrupts.

But since ANET judged it is "too overbearing" not to be able to RECEIVE boons for 5s in a stationary area you can guess what any answer will look like. The previous warrior bubble to prevent the reapplication of boons was perfectly fine imo and is now wrecked leaving spellbreaker in sort of a purpose limbo.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hmm what if anet were to combine several boons to be a single boon themselves?🤔 Reducing the total number of spam able boons allowing for more easier utilization of boon removals without filtering through all the fluff. And decreasing the overall duration of the boons by  25percent. Then the boons are important mentality Shall be bolstered more and let classes that have less boon removals or corrupts start to make more use of the few removals they do have.

• Thanks 1

I understand your point, but don't like this idea. 

If I use a large boon skill and the boons are removed afterwards, then it's something I could have player around. If I use a large boon skill and the moment I cast it I get hit by a small random removal and lose all of the boons, I'd feel cheated.

1 hour ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Hmm what if anet were to combine several boons to be a single boon themselves?🤔 Reducing the total number of spam able boons allowing for more easier utilization of boon removals without filtering through all the fluff. And decreasing the overall duration of the boons by  25percent. Then the boons are important mentality Shall be bolstered more and let classes that have less boon removals or corrupts start to make more use of the few removals they do have.

Sounds like a huge powercreep, that needs less commitment for better effect, which forces you into playing a lot of removal.

That would just make boon rip/conversion way too strong. Keep in mind that the current amount of boon rip/conversion already flirt with the limit of what the majority of players feel bearable in WvW. You just need to look at the current state of Wind of disenchantment in WvW to understand this much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spellbreakers boon removal requires your enemy to be cc'ed to actually lose boons aside from break enchantments and daggers F1 burst. Often times several classes rock 5 stacks of stability constantly till the point their cooldowns are right back to popping the stab and repopping the clutterboons  winds of disenchantment pretty much does nothing . It would be one thing if boon removals prioritized key boons such as stability and protection  or resolution kinda no point to decreasing the boon duration effect on winds of dischantment  considering people can just side step around it 😂 at one time combat use to be able to function without boons aplenty. Perhaps all should get a f skill that gets the Harboongers elite skill to get all boons but on a 10 second cooldown😂🤣🤣🤣 heck bring back the retaliation boon to make the festival more entertaining.

• Confused 1

Some rips don't even work because you have another filter to go through such as blinds. It's almost a moot point, but not really. Not every attack can always hit (unblockable) like some marks with specific talents in conjunction with your mark. However, there are sigils that can also greatly increase your ripping power, although, it's still 5 random targets. In big boon ball fights it can be very hard to pick and choose where you want to set your marks.

Edited by Vile.4387