Power Bowclass DPS

ArkLightXXVII.4768

Power Bowclass DPS  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Longbow DPS Class

• Power Soulbeast (LB + GS)
    • Power Dragonhunter (LB + GS)

For solo PvE Ranger's long bow is better due most of damage fromn DH comes from point blank mele traps, not from the bow.

For instanced content is tricky: DH is in a very good place at Fractals due his AoE burst but Ranger has superior single target dps at Strike Missions and Raids.

In PvP played at max level long bow Untamed is better, but at ranked both do well and DH can easily wipe foes in  teamfights if the enemy makes mistakes (which usually happens), albeit is more brittle.

In WvW roaming I would say that Soulbeast is Stronger, with better mobility; part of the effectiveness of DH is lost compared to PvP due there is no capture point, and a DH won't match a SB in mobility. In zergs both are detrimental. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

In WvW roaming I would say that Soulbeast is Stronger, with better mobility; part of the effectiveness of DH is lost compared to PvP due there is no capture point, and a DH won't match a SB in mobility. In zergs both are detrimental. 

How about in WvW zerging? Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

For solo PvE Ranger's long bow is better due most of damage fromn DH comes from point blank mele traps, not from the bow.

In solo PvE, which is more easier to use? Specially in soloing champions?

17 hours ago, ArkLightXXVII.4768 said:

How about in WvW zerging? Any ideas?

In solo PvE, which is more easier to use? Specially in soloing champions?

In zergs Ranger long bow is sometimes used to kill back line spell casters or even to snipe the commander due has longer range and a very effective access to quickness + cc + burst dps combo.  DH used to be a great AoE dps glass canon mixing the burn procs from F1 with Permeating Wrath trait + Purging Flames & Sword of Justice, which literaly melted people in seconds at the designated area, but ANet nerfed Sword of Justice and the combo has now much lower damage and competent teams will cleanse the burns before becomes fatal.

Most of players running Guardians and Rangers in zergs do play suppport builds (mainly Firebrand and Druid) since they provide better team value. So, if you're hopping to jump in a zerg and wield a longbow from DH or Ranger I would say that is not meta and given the amount of access to projectile-denial skills in organized teams they won't be much effective using their long bows. Small scale and roaming is entirely different and at that landscape both can work well.

For solo content the strongest builds from Rangers are Soulbeast and Untamed, but are condition based and mostly mele. You can do well vs champions and most of Hero Points with power builds running long bow + greatsword but against some bounties and meta events the sustain will be way lower than with the condition based builds (which are mostly mele). Untamed in particular has very high dps, but is really hard to play at its max potential.

The strongest solo build from Guardian is probably Willbender, with either condi opr hybrid damage and (again) mele based. DH cand do well vs champiosn and HPs but again the sustain will be a problems vs some bounties. I would say that at the moment WB > FB > DH at soloing things.

At the moment, I would say that the best OW solo build using a bow is celestial Renegade (but is a short bow!). Has decent WvW roaming potential but is weak in PvP (no celestial stats available) and not meta in zergs.

• Thanks 3

Yesterday  i took 12k from True Shot while using using Barrier Signet and Rune of Divinity.

The problem might be the 12% dmg reduction of the Barrier Signet... It could be 15% or 20% instead, so i'd take 10k or at best 9k from that skil...

On 4/12/2023 at 5:01 AM, Buran.3796 said:

For solo PvE Ranger's long bow is better due most of damage fromn DH comes from point blank mele traps, not from the bow

Its complete desinformation. Im not sure when did you find this thing. Basically you have only 1 damaging trap besides your ulty and it hits the same as your longbow2 or even lower. Dh longbow have very hard hitting skills 2,4 and 5. They are top3,4,5 damaging spells in bosses and in open world they completely vanish weak enemies. Your top 1/2 spells in arcdps are greatsword 2 and 4. Then it goes sword of justice and trap. Its not even close to be the MOST of damage. Well, its a bit of dmg. Maybe 7-10%. If we talk about solo pve then dh is pretty good in spec from snowcrows, at least I dont see any problems that I didnt see on soulbeast besides some situations when I could use pet to tank mob that I shouldnt touch without special build or without party.

11 hours ago, ScaryFairy.8027 said:

Its complete desinformation. Im not sure when did you find this thing. Basically you have only 1 damaging trap besides your ulty and it hits the same as your longbow2 or even lower. 

I'm sure that you're right. My (limited) experience comes from fractals, where most of the time players stack over targets at mele range, and as you said GS is the main dps tool there. Anyway, power Soulbeast with long bow is still meta in the Snow Crows page, and the weapon has 300 more units of range over DH's long bow, which  doesn't even figure in their "meta". But is good for the poster to have a different point of view... 

On 4/11/2023 at 6:09 PM, ArkLightXXVII.4768 said:

This is for PvP and PvE content.

PvP? -- Dragonhunter, no doubt; though GS is not a smart choice for a secondary weapon in PvP on Guardian.

PvE? -- It's probably gonna be Soulbeast, but be aware that the longbow is only good for an entry burst in a fight. After that, your second weapon set is always the better choice for decent DPS. I'm not a fan of langbow ranger in GW2.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 2