Anet: Block free acounts from ranked and tournaments

naoseiisso.7418

48 minutes ago, MemeLord.1096 said:

Free account can not send gold or material to other account so what's the point of afk/botting in ranked games?

To ruin the game without risking your main. Some people are unhappy about PvP slipping, and they went this frustration by making it even worse.

19 hours ago, naoseiisso.7418 said:

so we can have much less bots and afk farmers in ranked and tournaments

Who are going to beat in ATs then?

7 hours ago, MemeLord.1096 said:

Free account can not send gold or material to other account so what's the point of afk/botting in ranked games?

They are not free account mostly but paid/unlocked core accounts without xpacs

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Ellie.5913 said:

Bumped :Great idea

Anet you must block free to play accounts from ranked pvp at least, these people are the ones who are doing most of the AFKing

And they do it because they know they can without any consequence. 

seems like you already know what anet is gonna do, nothing at all

43 minutes ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

seems like you already know what anet is gonna do, nothing at all

Well I don't know how I seem but I try not to assume things too much and do try to hold onto hope and optimism as much as possible in every aspect of life. Who knows maybe at some point in time someone somewhere in Anet will develop a love for pvp and make things happen that will actually cause the game mode to become better. Crossing fingers that  this person will also put back amulets & runes and solo queue and team queue🤞

12 minutes ago, Ellie.5913 said:

Well I don't know how I seem but I try not to assume things too much and do try to hold onto hope and optimism as much as possible in every aspect of life. Who knows maybe at some point in time someone somewhere in Anet will develop a love for pvp and make things happen that will actually cause the game mode to become better. Crossing fingers that  this person will also put back amulets & runes and solo queue and team queue🤞

would be cool, but we all know that everyday the sun sets and rises and anet doesn't give a toss about this gamemode

I would instead timegate it. Core accounts have to exist for at least 3 months in addition to the rank requirements. Then, Anet should improve their automatic bot detection and have it pay extra attention to these accounts. With good enough systems in place, most bots would get banned before they even have a chance to queue ranked.

Another BIG thing they should do, is increased ranked rewards by 25~50% BUT make it so you ONLY get pips for WINNING. This way the incentive for people to play ranked is still there, and would if anything attract more human players, and the incentive to AFK botfarm is gone. This would be a relatively easy change to implement.

Finally, for the people who use alts to troll and throw games, IP trace and perma-dishonor their mains. Anet is way too lenient on the clowns that pull that crap.

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569

16 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Another BIG thing they should do, is increased ranked rewards by 25~50% BUT make it so you ONLY get pips for WINNING. This way the incentive for people to play ranked is still there, and would if anything attract more human players, and the incentive to AFK botfarm is gone. This would be a relatively easy change to implement.

Variation: Pips only awarded for winning or close losses.

That way there's incentive to keep trying to close the gap, rather than just calling the game early. I expect if pips are only awarded for winning, we will see even more players deciding the match is over in the first minute.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1