Can you rank Warrior's weapons from best to worst? DPS

Sifu.9745

Any idea which Warrior's weapon (or weapon set) is top dps at the moment (single dmg or/and aoe) and which one is on the bottom? With all traits that support certain weapons included. For pve and open world.  Power or condi, it doesn't matter.  (You can also add best pvp and WvW weapons if you want to)

I am a bit confused when i check Meta Battle and there is Hammer recommended over Greatsword for pve and open world.  Since when Hammer has been doing more dmg than GS? And are Axes still top dps or Daggers are performing better? Is Power Spellbreaker really better than Power Berserker in terms of pure dps?

I haven't touched my Warrior for years (deleted him years ago and created another one few days ago) and after returning to this class i am a bit lost with all these buffs, nerfs and changes. Can't find it anywhere which weapon is top dmg/dps and which one is the worst.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

1st spot: Axe/Axe
2nd spot: Greatsword
3rd spot: Hammer.
4th spot: Anything else.
Last spot: Bow, lol, rofl even.

Rifle is below Bow good sir. Mace would be last though.

@Sifu.9745, Hammer on Spellbreaker is doing high damage now because of how Fierce Blow was tweaked. Before it's damage bonus wouldn't activate unless the bosses bar was broken, now it activates the bonus damage on defiant foes no matter what. This coupled with the buffs to the Defense line create a powerful DPS setup with hammer, which Spellbreaker can leverage very well. Dagger MH had it's F1 massively buffed in PvE as well. I think I've seen a 40k Breaching Strike in PvE on some poor Jade Bulwark during the EoD metas. These two skills can do their extra damage more often than Arcing Slice can. GS is still up there with DPS, as is Axe/Axe.  In general, though the breakdown is going to be:

Core: Axe/Axe, GS, Hammer all will be close together with Sword, LB, Rifle, Mace/Mace being them in that order.
Berserker: The order is the same for power, but for Condi Sword/torch + LB obviously take the lead then. Condi zerker is benching higher than power zerker last I checked.
Spellbreaker: Hammer+Dagger, then GS, then Axe. Don't even consider the other weapons at that point.
BSW: Axe/Pistol is the only set for damage that you should consider. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, when you guys mention Longbow, i guess you have in mind Power LB? Because condi LB dmg is not bad at all. I've just done some testing in open world and especially AOE dmg is great.  The downside is that i have to stay in melee range to get most benefit from LB #2 (Fan of Fire).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sifu.9745 said:

Hmm, when you guys mention Longbow, i guess you have in mind Power LB? Because condi LB dmg is not bad at all. I've just done some testing in open world and especially AOE dmg is great.  The downside is that i have to stay in melee range to get most benefit from LB #2 (Fan of Fire).

You have to break things down by Power/Condi. LB 2 will hit for decent power damage at point blank range and LB 3 is also a mostly power based move (they only added burn to it recently).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

For me, it's:

1. Axe
  2. Greatsword
  3. Hammer
  4. Longbow
  5. Mace
  6. Rifle
  7. Sword
  8. Warhorn (it does no damage!)

I see people bringing in weapon sets, but I thought I'd judge the weapons themselves as is.

I think it is also worth breaking it down by core and the especs. Dagger MH in PvE is doing better than MH Axe for Spellbreaker for instance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think it is also worth breaking it down by core and the especs. Dagger MH in PvE is doing better than MH Axe for Spellbreaker for instance.

I would do expansions, but then I would need to do all of them and I don't have (refuse to have) EoD!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Perhaps we should list the weapons from worst to best  so that anet may update the runner up 😉?

right now, top of my warrior wishlist for me is reworking flurry and tweaking arms, and probably work on improving condi warrior, and adding more protection and boons.

they should also add condition supplementing traits to both spellbreaker and bladesworn.

i feel working on these takes the most minimal effort and will have the most mileage. they are also in line with their "vision" of the game.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

You need to break it up by Power or Condi then further break it up by Elite Spec, as the class mechanic changes and traits between them will affect DPS of your weapon.

It's something like:

Berserker (gets access to burning duration boosts, changes F1 of weapons) 

1. Sword (Condi)
  2. Longbow (Condi)
  3. Axe (Power)
  4. Greatsword (Power)

Spellbreaker (gets cc = more dps traits, dagger F1 is super strong)

1. Dagger (Power)
  2. Hammer (Power)
  3. Axe (Power)
  4. Greatsword (Power)

Bladesworn (Weapon largely irrelevant because you will be spending very little time not stuck in Gunsaber or charging Dslash)

1. Pistol OH (Power)
  2. Axe (Power)
  3. Sword (Power)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1