Reaper is seriously getting out of control (part 2)

Eugchriss.2046

On 4/14/2023 at 3:45 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nah, that last one is detargeting using Rush and then retargeting to head back to the real target and is much a legit skill as stow cancelling. The obscene range bit is on things like Bull's Charge because they would otherwise be to easy to avoid, both items of which need to be corrected.

this is why forums are degen, everyone is SOOOO happy to point faults and broken kitten of "others" but find ways to reason out their own.
no, abusing bugs that can randomly teleport your character to your enemy and bomb them for 1/3 hp is not " skill ", its bug abusing.
same way when elementalists were rezing people during mist from, it was not " skill " it was bug abuse.
And it doesn matter if the class is S tier or D tier, broken disfunctional kitten shouldnt be in the game.
I always said this, the same way I want the rush bugs to be gone, I also want the longbow range nerfed to 1500 as the tooltip states despite LB ranger being my favourite build. fix the kitten and game might actually be good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/14/2023 at 1:27 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

In all seriousness as an enjoyer of Reaper on the side I'll point out the real problem with sustain on Reaper. YSIM while nice isn't the driver of any sustain over performance on Reaper. That would be the damage reduction from Shroud still being at 50% in PvP/WvW.

turns out having 40k hp shield at a press of a button is kinda good eh ?
who would have thought XD

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

this is why forums are degen, everyone is SOOOO happy to point faults and broken kitten of "others" but find ways to reason out their own.
no, abusing bugs that can randomly teleport your character to your enemy and bomb them for 1/3 hp is not " skill ", its bug abusing.
same way when elementalists were rezing people during mist from, it was not " skill " it was bug abuse.
And it doesn matter if the class is S tier or D tier, broken disfunctional kitten shouldnt be in the game.
I always said this, the same way I want the rush bugs to be gone, I also want the longbow range nerfed to 1500 as the tooltip states despite LB ranger being my favourite build. fix the kitten and game might actually be good.

But what I described isn't a bug though? It is in game mechanics. Calling that a bug is like calling stow cancelling a bug.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:49 AM, Bazsi.2734 said:

Oh noes, reaper too OP! I tried to melee it with my staff elementalist and I got killed dead! How is that fair? I even used my glyph of lesser elementals!

Also chill is mean! What do you mean cleanse it and range? Am I supposed to just not walk up to their face, even though that's my roleplay? This is a terrible oversight! My sword/shield warrior roleplay got nerfed into oblivion, now my fire wizard is having a hard time too... I can't do anything in this game! Terrible balance! Bad bad REEEEEEEE!

-

I can't tell if this thread is a joke or not. So I'll just assume it is, I mean of course this is a joke, you guys are smart. Smart and funny. 

Oh noes....chill doesn't affect initiative....why Anet? Bad bad Anet REEEEEEEEEEEE! Let chill affect initiative too! 

So GW2 forum works like this : "This class/spec can't counter my cheese...IT'S BALAAAAAANNNNCCEEED REEEEEEEEE"

You can always count on rangers, mesmer and thieves to "defend" necro status..as they can pewpew from 1200 range...at least the average or below necros who are likely the majority REEEEEEEEE or simply their class not affected by chill....REEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

But what I described isn't a bug though? It is in game mechanics. Calling that a bug is like calling stow cancelling a bug.

yes, same thing throwing supply crate on the other end of the universe and then re-targetting it onto players for 0 counterplay stun is "mechanic" and not kitten design bug. among other things

16 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

yes, same thing throwing supply crate on the other end of the universe and then re-targetting it onto players for 0 counterplay stun is "mechanic" and not kitten design bug. among other things

Magnet pull retargeting is really irritating I won't lie

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

There's a bunch of condi reapers now, i got annoyed at first too, but that's only cuz i didnt know i was playing against.

It takes considerably more skill to beat one than playing it....it's the main selling point for Anet, cracked-up specs to sell copies of the game. Necro is just fire and forget unblockable aoe condis and then you kiting for dear life while they 5-3 after pressing F1.

It takes coordination, right build with enough condi clear, CC and dmg to bring one down and that's too much to ask from average casuals...this is why necros are the most played profession in gw2 alongside guardian...low effort-high reward and easy to master

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

It takes considerably more skill to beat one than playing it....it's the main selling point for Anet, cracked-up specs to sell copies of the game. Necro is just fire and forget unblockable aoe condis and then you kiting for dear life while they 5-3 after pressing F1.

It takes coordination, right build with enough condi clear, CC and dmg to bring one down and that's too much to ask from average casuals...this is why necros are the most played profession in gw2 alongside guardian...low effort-high reward and easy to master

Play reaper. Do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

The thing is. People like this will play necro and completely stomp noobs in their silver/gold games, which just validates their original sentiment.

Plat+ players can go into silver/gold games and play anything and stomp the silver/gold players.

Saying that this effect is exclusive to Reaper, is kind of silly.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Plat+ players can go into silver/gold games and play anything and stomp the silver/gold players.

Saying that this effect is exclusive to Reaper, is kind of silly.

Yea, but if your plat+ I would expect you to know the difference between fighting a silver/gold player vs. another plat. The fact of the matter is, if you are plat+ and you are struggling with fighting a reaper, then you got carried to that tier by some combination of lucky matchmaking and your overloaded class.

• Like 1

It would be fine if you could still reasonably burst them down with damage but these condi reapers must be stacking toughness or damage reduction modifiers, plus the constant swapping between shroud and high vitality. 

It's just a constant fleeing game while cleansing repeated chill application. 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Play reaper. Do it.

Man, playing Reaper sucks kitten half of the time since people don't want to play with you, most people just tunnel hard somewhere and do not peel. It is even worse when people do 0 damage waiting for something to happen the Hover around the fight move, waiting to do 4k attack to get the last hit like its League or Dota. But the 50% of the time  when  people actually understanding what reaper does is quite smooth sailing since you don't have to make 360 no scope plays you just need to do some damage. This actually beats the shitter experience of the supports or sidenoders by a long shot, since they can do kitten all to win if the kitten is going bad. I blame Anet for creating even more mobility creep and every 'PVP HERO' playing some Assassin Roamer badly, which makes no one wanting to sidenode cause waiting 3 minutes for a gank sucks or someone supporting waiting for the teleport squad to do damage. 
I find it strange that people complain about Reaper when you can't land a hit for 30 seconds on the rest of the Roaster between invulns, blocks , dampening conditions ,mobility skills and ranged abilities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Man, playing Reaper sucks kitten half of the time since people don't want to play with you, most people just tunnel hard somewhere and do not peel. It is even worse when people do 0 damage waiting for something to happen the Hover around the fight move, waiting to do 4k attack to get the last hit like its League or Dota. But the 50% of the time  when  people actually understanding what reaper does is quite smooth sailing since you don't have to make 360 no scope plays you just need to do some damage. This actually beats the shitter experience of the supports or sidenoders by a long shot, since they can do kitten all to win if the kitten is going bad. I blame Anet for creating even more mobility creep and every 'PVP HERO' playing some Assassin Roamer badly, which makes no one wanting to sidenode cause waiting 3 minutes for a gank sucks or someone supporting waiting for the teleport squad to do damage. 
I find it strange that people complain about Reaper when you can't land a hit for 30 seconds on the rest of the Roaster between invulns, blocks , dampening conditions ,mobility skills and ranged abilities. 

My tin foil hat theory is that these nerf threads are calculated. The tele gank squad doesn't like it when the builds they jump on survive and fight back. 

Clear sign of overperformance right there. We should delete it's second health bar to bring it in line. For the "health of the game" of course.  

2 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

My tin foil hat theory is that these nerf threads are calculated. The tele gank squad doesn't like it when the builds they jump on survive and fight back. 

Clear sign of overperformance right there. We should delete it's second health bar to bring it in line. For the "health of the game" of course.  

To tell you the truth the I feel way safer with the "I don't take damage" skills then second life bar, if you are using it to defend yourself you are already losing and can't do damage back, on Necro builds there is the Worm out but there is that "What about second teleports?" and I drop it since it is better take something that can do damage at least to have some impact while going down.

I wish the game was about fighting in pvp instead of WvW blob spikes, but every time there is some glimpse of fighting build without frills like invulns and teleport it gets removed and we get some BUNKER ASSASSIN on its place, one spec doing that and being its thing would be fine but the whole team doing it gets kittening boring, its like waiting for traffic lights every kittening fight.  Can we have mobility and bunker creep be raked in for the kittening "health of the game"?  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

To tell you the truth the I feel way safer with the "I don't take damage" skills then second life bar, if you are using it to defend yourself you are already losing and can't do damage back, on Necro builds there is the Worm out but there is that "What about second teleports?" and I drop it since it is better take something that can do damage at least to have some impact while going down.

I wish the game was about fighting in pvp instead of WvW blob spikes, but every time there is some glimpse of fighting build without frills like invulns and teleport it gets removed and we get some BUNKER ASSASSIN on its place, one spec doing that and being its thing would be fine but the whole team doing it gets kittening boring, its like waiting for traffic lights every kittening fight.  Can we have mobility and bunker creep be raked in for the kittening "health of the game"?  

[applies face paint]

I have no idea what you're talking about. Vindicator and Catalyst are extremely glassy to compensate for how much burst they can pump out. And they don't have any low CD defensive cooldowns to compensate for how low sustain they are. 

[puts on squeaky nose]

Frankly I think anyone who defends reaper right now is just biased and/or carried. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Burnfall.9573 said:

"Its's Always My Fault, Isn't It"

Necromancer Profession

Scourge is trash ever since they nerfed barrier. This is what happens when the devs listen to the idiots whining about second health bar.

Wanna guess what the maximum barrier a dps scourge can output?

Spoiler
  • Desert Shroud: 2028 (30s cd)
  • Sand Cascade: 932 (12s cd)
  • Sand Flare: 2420 (30s cd, which is tied to a measly 3230 heal btw)

Grand Total: 5380 (226 barrier/s)

That's one attack (or 1/2 of a heavy burst)

Not to mention it has the same flaw as the all the other necro specs where its only defense has a cd on top of requiring a resource and is tied to its major form of offense.

Edited by Zex Anthon.8673
format