Downstate Per Second Weaver

folko.4328

Look, I honestly dunno what I'm doing wrong. Maybe ANet hates Eles with a burning passion. Maybe I'm not allowed to have fun the way I wanna. Or maybe I just outright suck.

I run grieving/viper hybrid weaver build. Fire/Air/Weaver.

Runes - Flame Legion

Air - Low, Mid, Mid

Fire - High, High, High

Weaver - High, High, High

Sword/Focus

Aquatic Stance, Signet of Fire, Primordial Stance, Glyph of Lesser Elements, Weave Self.

I follow the Snowcrows hybrid build and rotation.

Missing 2 more ascended armour pieces. Don't have stat boosting infusions. Do have Dragon Revelry cake and Toxic Focusing Crystal.

I do about 26-27k damage on a kitty golem.

Slot out Air for literally anything else, damage drops to barely scratching the 20k mark.

I do everything right, I stack on healers, I avoid AoEs, dodge out of big hurty attacks, I still go into downstate from magical ghost damage in fractals because yes. Other light armour classes don't seem very light armoured to me with how they're surviving.

Yes, I do have enough Agony Resistence. And if I don't, I make sure I do.

I honestly cannot for the life of me understand just what exactly am I doing wrong. Sometimes I stay alive. Sometimes I don't. It feels so unbelieveably random at times.

Maybe I'm just bad and I should feel bad about myself. Maybe there's nothing wrong with Elementalist and Weaver, and I'm just literally going insane.

Point is, I don't know anymore!

This is a genuine cry for help so can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on with this class because it feels like it's on a "fun timer" sometimes and I just wanna play a cool spellsword as an oversized house cat.

Edited by folko.4328
Forgot to specify runes.

First of all your build is kinda wacky atm. Condi sword is relatively weak right now and fresh air in combination with condi doesn't help either. If you wanna play sword Weaver sword/dagger power focused is definitely the way to go (fire 131, Weaver 121 air 3 2/3 1/2 depending on build preference & enemies). Realistically speaking this should result in a ~7k+ dps increase for you. Since you're naturally overcapped on crit chance you can slot in. ~180 extra vit without losing dmge by slotting in some dragon armor pieces. Together with the jade core that should result in ~16k health. 

That being said, because of the nature of Fractals (lots of random aoes, visual clutter and trash mobs) you'll always be very squishy compared to the other classes due to your low health & armor pull and lack of surviveability utilities & traits. 

Last but not least, are you using fractal potions? 15% bonus dmge, 25% dmge reduction, 25% movement speed and 50% faster endurance is quite a big deal. 

9 hours ago, the krytan assassin.9235 said:

First of all your build is kinda wacky atm. Condi sword is relatively weak right now and fresh air in combination with condi doesn't help either. If you wanna play sword Weaver sword/dagger power focused is definitely the way to go (fire 131, Weaver 121 air 3 2/3 1/2 depending on build preference & enemies). Realistically speaking this should result in a ~7k+ dps increase for you. Since you're naturally overcapped on crit chance you can slot in. ~180 extra vit without losing dmge by slotting in some dragon armor pieces. Together with the jade core that should result in ~16k health. 

That being said, because of the nature of Fractals (lots of random aoes, visual clutter and trash mobs) you'll always be very squishy compared to the other classes due to your low health & armor pull and lack of surviveability utilities & traits. 

Last but not least, are you using fractal potions? 15% bonus dmge, 25% dmge reduction, 25% movement speed and 50% faster endurance is quite a big deal. 

Well, like I said, I'm not a condi sword, I'm a power/condi hybrid, basically.

And well, I use potions when I can, but I do need fractal relics for other things too so it's a bit difficult to prioritize. Would love to have the omnipotion, but I don't have it yet.

yes, you're playing an outdated legacy build that simply isn't really efficient when compared to more modern builds. Also the benchmark is using nerfed buffs (spotter, sun spirit frost spirit and banners) and outdated skill/trait coefficients so i wouldn't bother to much with comparing your dps output with the benchmark. DPS output is relatively low on the build and apart from a small amount of barrier gain from using a FA rotation (which ues alot of dual attacks) you're about as squishy as you can be. 

I don't mind if you run a suboptimal build, but i think it's kinda weird to complain about a class not working properly if you don't play towards the class/weapon's strengths (same goes for not using the fractal potions).

if you really want to run a hybrid dps build you're probably alot better off runing something like this (healing skill is kinda whatev you want)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwmYSMKmJO6KfvMA-zRRYBRDFUEbI/cDjoEoqAsnGKcGBA-e

It still deals less dps then the sc/f condi weaver or sw/d power weaver, but should already be quite abit better. 

Probably best weaver builds for fractals out there right now are:

power weaver: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAwilZwkYHMKmJO6KfvMA-zRRYBRDB+coPlRtJQFFgNTDFOjAVA-e

(swap out flame legion for scholars if 90% health uptime is above ~85%)

condi weaver: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAs2lNwkYXsEmJOqWlvKA-zRJYmRDfZEXBkbCo5BJEqDWgZNCqA-e

For raids/strike CM's earth traitline is in general prefered over arcane, but for fractals arcane is better due to prebuffing your arcane power & resetting cd with mistlock singularity. 

That being said, you're still pretty much relying on your supports to do their job. You've got the lowest health pool and very poor access to evades/stabi. If the group gets dmged (and the healer not doing a proper job), you're simply the first person that goes down. Not having proper boon uptime (especially due to the lack of any boon coverage yourself) hurts the dps from weaver alot, quite abit more then most other classes.