All artistic attention diverted to skiffs now?

When GW2 launched the armor was great. I don't remember HoT, but during PoF the mount skins, though expensive, were KILLER. With the release of EoD, the mount skins are half-kitten like the rest and it's the fishing rods and especially skiff skins that are mind-blowingly good. Can't wait for the next expansion, when skiff cosmetics will be downgraded to paper boats.

Edit: NVM, just saw the Trimaran Skiff Skin, SO UGLY!

Edited by lezbefriends.7516
  • Like 3
  • Confused 11

• lezbefriends.7516 changed the title to All artistic attention diverted to skiffs now?
15 minutes ago, Funky.4861 said:

Skimmers and beetles have been excluded from all eod mount packs. I don't know why but i am disappointed.

Skimmers and Beetles are a Path of Fire and LWS4 feature, they're not going to include skins for them in the End of Dragon's packs because EoD-exclusive players (the majority of new players) can't get them.

Its just like how we had a severe reduction in glider skins during the PoF era, with them only returning to frequent sale when Heart of Thorns was eventually included in PoF and everyone got gliding unlocked for free. The basic mounts, skiff, and gliding however are considered EoD features which is why they're getting updated.

Only a percentage of players buy more than one expansion, if at all.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Skimmers and Beetles are a Path of Fire and LWS4 feature, they're not going to include skins for them in the End of Dragon's packs because EoD-exclusive players (the majority of new players) can't get them.

Its just like how we had a severe reduction in glider skins during the PoF era, with them only returning to frequent sale when Heart of Thorns was eventually included in PoF and everyone got gliding unlocked for free. The basic mounts, skiff, and gliding however are considered EoD features which is why they're getting updated.

By that logic they wouldn't do any mounts as they are all pof or lws4 feature. And a lot of previous expansion features are included in later expansions, they just make sure it's not necessary in order to complete that expansion's content

Edit: skimmer is also one of the base mounts you get via pof

Edited by Dibit.6259
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Ah I see, but that doesn't explain the other mounts that are pof/lws4 exclusive

If would be hard for them to exclude the Jackal since the Shrine Guardian is a major theme in Cantha and the only mount that can have vulpine skins applied to it is the Jackal due to rigging issues.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Only a percentage of players buy more than one expansion, if at all.

I think that more players have pof + eod than just eod; otherwise why do eod mount packs have jackals, warclaws and griffons? I wonder if more people have griffons than beetles? The skyscale is also LW, but anet had to include it due to the theme of eod. Besides, anet will always prioritise new expansion content over existing content, the issue is that skiffs and fishing rod skins don't have the same pull of new mount skins or even glider skins, mostly because the vast majority of the playerbase don't use them much and they just aren't as flashy. It's too late now i suspect, but i do regret that decision to exclude skimmers and beetles from the new mount skins.

• Confused 1

They've also made new weapon and armour skins recently. What Lies Beneath added the Luxon Hunter's weapons, the Holo Cape Projector, Replica Oni Arms and a bunch of other armour skins. In the gem store we've had new boots, glider and cape skins and at least one very popular skin for a PoF exclusive mount, among other things.

It may not all match your personal preferences, but that's never going to be the case. It doesn't mean it takes any less effort to design and make or that no one will like it. For example I really like the Trimaran Skiff. It's a bit bigger than I'd like but I waited a while to see what kind of skins we were going to get and so far that's the only one I've bought. It's great for several of my characters who don't want something ornate and flashy.

• Like 2

I’m sure this is just the same third party contractor designing skiff skins. Don’t think there was much of an art team left to divert anywhere as most are on the new ip or maybe the mini expac. 

I don’t think they have a dedicated gemstore team anymore and just stick with contractors. 

• Confused 2

On 4/15/2023 at 1:50 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I wish they'd use 1/3857196th the talent and effort to fix a literal square box that's been invisible for 5+ years.

Don't worry! It'll get fixed right after they fix all the other issues in WvW...a list that keeps growing and growing and growing...sadly you and I and everyone else currently playing the game will probably be long dead by then...but the players playing in 2123 will sure enjoy it!! 🤣🤣😭

• Confused 1

On 4/14/2023 at 7:38 AM, lezbefriends.7516 said:

When GW2 launched the armor was great. I don't remember HoT, but during PoF the mount skins, though expensive, were KILLER. With the release of EoD, the mount skins are half-kitten like the rest and it's the fishing rods and especially skiff skins that are mind-blowingly good. Can't wait for the next expansion, when skiff cosmetics will be downgraded to paper boats.

Edit: NVM, just saw the Trimaran Skiff Skin, SO UGLY!

Yeah, still no bikini. except for npc just like banners with stats.

I remember the day warrior joined to fractals after banner nerf, he was doing his stuff with banners... I didn't want to tell him banner nerf. All 4 of us watched him use banners, we didn't mentioned anything. It hurt us more than him...

Enjoy random flashback

• Confused 3