All these complaints about builds being too hard to beat.

oatsnjuices.1698

43 minutes ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

Sounds like roaming is alive and well. Every class has its roaming spec and that is so cool! Thank you very much for that.

Agree, we have a good diversity in roamers right now. All these calls that roaming is dead, sorry not seeing that. And am not taking any encounter as a this an easy win its more of do I know the build and how to counter. That to me is a good thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

Sounds like roaming is alive and well. Every class has its roaming spec and that is so cool! Thank you very much for that.

Today's "roaming" is people leaving their squad to pick on lesser numbers and running back like chickens when they get beat.

Today's "roaming" is packs of 3-4 underhanded scavengers picking on that player running that build their friends, metabattle or their favorite internet influencer told them to run.

Today's "roaming" is people provoking and saying they want "fights", but run back to their boon-ball squad when things go south.

OP, more power to you if you enjoy this...but I don't.

There is a REASON open-world pvp died, folks...

Edited by JTGuevara.9018
add
  • Like 8
  • Confused 2

Dueling around SM is dead. Camp defending is dead. Dolyak sniping is dead.  Supply draining is dead.

So in a way most reliable and useful ways of roaming are dead. It's just mostly clouding around SM or ganking people who don't have builds to fight back.

Of course it has been such a long time since roaming was at its peak that even those who witnessed all the fightrich options you had have forgotten them.

Now people who claim you can still do these things, it isn't nearly as impactful or actionrich as before. People just don't care about servers anymore and with linkings + claim buffs you just need to many people to take things. It isn't exactly fun to fight with keep buffs, tactivators and the weird lordscaling either.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

They should make a desert map with just sand hills and small bodies of water with some nice green here and there. It should be vast and devoid of any kind of structural objective. So people can roam to their hearts content there.

Some nice map specific features would add spice like SM in EBG. Maybe the theme of the map is that players are able to purchase specific goods with their gold/given them by the game and should carry them to a specific set destination on the map, so we gonna be a trade caravan made up of 1-5 people and our opponents will take up the role bandits.

To discourage camping outside of final destination for the caravans there should be numerous possible destinations. There should also be a mechanic called dehydration as a fatal condition which cured by... drinking water (purchased before beginning journey.). Water is lootable from enemies and refillable from any oasis. There should be some bosses as well as they are very poorly implemented in WvW which drop valuable loot that adds to what you are carrying to encourage people to stay more in the desert. Maybe some unique META's that cause overwhelming amount of condi applying sandworms or bunch of champion dogs swarming the players in the desert which force parties to stop and "camp" like verdant brink, nothing lengthy of course, 10 mins is suffice as META's gonna be rare.

What i have in mind as the design for the desert is like the Alik'r Desert from eso but with mixed with the role of "Silk Road". WvW lacks any reliable liquid gold making methods. Memories of Battle are not enough because they are given in such small amounts for what it takes to get them and the reason they are valued is because... you need them dont you ;). So completing trades within this map can be a good place to give players liquid gold for playing WvW. Also to not make other maps irrelevant completing objectives on other maps increase the diversity of goods player can find to carry while completing trades in this map increase the supply/tactics available to other WvW maps. So it all falls into place on paper.

Dogshit ideas im aware but making it up in my head was enjoyable to me, open to suggestions. Of course ANET will never ever do such a thing, pouring resources onto such project aside it will put lot of pressure on ANET on the long run like PVP does with todays balance with some classes clearly dominating others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Dueling anywhere has been dead for a long while now.

I know, soon after objective auras were introduced as it had 2 effects:

• People who add in and ruin duels are typically from the owner of sm and considerably stronger so dueler with some cooldowns up has much harder time dealing with them
  • Duels just ain't remotely fair anymore. It is one thing for one side to permanently get +25% movement speed and +400 combat stats, but for that to change sides depending on time just kills any scene.

Of course server linkings also affected popularity of dueling since servers that respected duels cannot maintain that respect with ignorant randoms getting reset every 2 months

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

How odd, I usually see the best solo roamers hanging out at duel spot.

Note, dueling is a good way to improve fighting and rotations. sPvP before skill splits and amulet restrictions was better. But that doesn't make a duelist a roamer if they just than large scale fight or boon ball it.

Roaming is dead thanks to Anet moving any incentive away from fighting. Only one of the 8 new weekly objectives involve actually fighting other people. The rest is just taking objectives. you only need to do 6 weekly objectives to complete it so why fight people when you can turn your brain off and engage in some Drizzlewood coast style PvE camp capture? Most servers are predominately PPT omniblobs now, so roamers are left with the couple of camp flippers that would rather port back to spawn or Alt+F4 than engage in PvP. Doesn't help that I get whispers from camp flippers bitching that I won't let them complete their gift of battle reward track so they can go back to PvE XD

When your end game large scale PvP game mode no longer wants you to engage in any PvP whatsoever, this is the result. When the company that makes the changes turns WvW into a 'No conflict' model of PvP, and seem to just steamroll ahead with the changes despite large numbers of competitive fight guilds leaving, you get boring roaming as a result. When Anet are only concerned with making revenue from the whales that spend thousands of dollars a month in gem store sales, the WvW community is going to fall behind. Don't worry though, "Alliiances coming soon" - Anet 2018

On the other hand, when you do find someone who does fight back during roaming, you can guarantee they're using a class mechanic gimmick like perma evade virtuoso or perma stealth poke thief. Not much fun to fight but at least they try. Other than that, you might fight the occasional cele harbinger or something. Those fights don't activate my neurons, but I can see how people would find it a bit unfair that you can run exclusively all condi clear traits and utilities, and still die to 17 stacks of torment every 10 seconds XD. The Meta is a bit off when every action you take inflicts multiple conditions or CC on a target. Poor base classes have a hard time doing any of that.

But we wouldn't want to stymie Anet's income generation from buying expac classes for a dead game mode, just to be competitive now, would we?

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

I know, soon after objective auras were introduced as it had 2 effects:

• People who add in and ruin duels are typically from the owner of sm and considerably stronger so dueler with some cooldowns up has much harder time dealing with them
  • Duels just ain't remotely fair anymore. It is one thing for one side to permanently get +25% movement speed and +400 combat stats, but for that to change sides depending on time just kills any scene.

Of course server linkings also affected popularity of dueling since servers that respected duels cannot maintain that respect with ignorant randoms getting reset every 2 months

I agree, guild objective aura and such should be only inside the tower, camp, or keep. It shouldn't extend past the walls. It gives an unfair advantage.

Edited by oatsnjuices.1698