Making a Guild Wars 2 community free website

Why do people have to remove the questions?

Judging from what @Inculpatus cedo.9234 posted, you were looking for website stuff. In context with GW2 and your guild, I guess you are planning to make a guild-website?

Many guilds skip that step nowadays for various reasons. A website requires people who maintain it and add content. In the most cases, a real website is not needed. You just need a platform to publish your activities and organize events. You can use a forum-board for that or a Discord server.

Most guilds I have met, currently go for the Discord server as it offers many different elements. You can create topics & threads like on a forum, you have chat-channels and voice-channels. You can add pictures and customize the thing nicely. Creating such a server seems to be easy, but certain features are not for free.

If you do not want to use a Discord server or have one already but want to do something on another platform, a forum can be an easy option. Opposite to a real website, all the basic infrastructure is already installed. You do not need to be an expert in web-design. The boards can be customized a lot, even the free ones. Some come with integrated chat channels. You can also limit sub-board access to be visible only to members or for everyone. I can recommend proboards.com. It is not too complicated to navigate and creating content is rather easy imo.

If this was not the topic, I am sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Why do people have to remove the questions?

Judging from what @Inculpatus cedo.9234 posted, you were looking for website stuff. In context with GW2 and your guild, I guess you are planning to make a guild-website?

Many guilds skip that step nowadays for various reasons. A website requires people who maintain it and add content. In the most cases, a real website is not needed. You just need a platform to publish your activities and organize events. You can use a forum-board for that or a Discord server.

Most guilds I have met, currently go for the Discord server as it offers many different elements. You can create topics & threads like on a forum, you have chat-channels and voice-channels. You can add pictures and customize the thing nicely. Creating such a server seems to be easy, but certain features are not for free.

If you do not want to use a Discord server or have one already but want to do something on another platform, a forum can be an easy option. Opposite to a real website, all the basic infrastructure is already installed. You do not need to be an expert in web-design. The boards can be customized a lot, even the free ones. Some come with integrated chat channels. You can also limit sub-board access to be visible only to members or for everyone. I can recommend proboards.com. It is not too complicated to navigate and creating content is rather easy imo.

If this was not the topic, I am sorry.

Thanks friend.

It was about making a Guild Wars 2 community mostly, but yeah, a free website does help.

I can re-add the question.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

• SoulGuardian.6203 changed the title to Making a Guild Wars 2 community free website

You might try GeoCities  I heard you can make a sick website for free.   For example if you wanted to make a website about the recent new arrivals at Blockbuster or tips on searching Netscape for the most accurate results.   Kidding aside you might consider Wordpress.   https://wordpress.com/free/

Edited by Nine Inch Snails.7963
  • Haha 1