Elementalist can immediately reattune to the same Attunement after Weaver/Combat Tonic/Catalyst interaction [Merged]

There shouldn't be compensation for inconvenience, its not a sub game.  Too many pay to win games toss worthless currency at every small inconvenience that the me me me  generations think its their right.  You can still play your weaver its just missing a couple useful things, it still may be better than base ele that you definitely have access to.

• Confused 3

16 minutes ago, neven.3785 said:

You can still play your weaver its just missing a couple useful things, it still may be better than base ele that you definitely have access to.

This statement is just not true.  Sure, you can hold a sword, but weaver is no longer any different from base elementalist.  It's a game changer if you main weaver as I do.  Whatever the solution, you clearly do not understand the problem.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, evlover.6270 said:

It's nice to pick one sentence out of it's context and then nitpick about it I guess so here's the guy his full post

With everything else in his post obviously being related to the bug and using the autoclicker in correlation to abusing the bug and not for anything QoL related, it seemed rather obvious that he was talking about the aspect of using an autoclicker in the regard of bug abusing. Asking him if he read ToS before posting and saying autoclicking is allowed in certain case without specifying those makes it seem as if what he was saying was wrong, while it was completely right in the way that he meant it. This entire thread is about the catalyst exploit so when the usage of autoclicking is mentioned in general,  I doubt it's about the gear salvaging aspect of it. 

it is out of its context obviously, this is the forums not a streamer platform, i wouldnt know the specific case, streamer or wheter he actually abused it from that context or not, now by what has been written afterwards from responses like urs it surely makes sense but it is still not something i can prove or not, nor be exact sure of wheter is correct or not taken from the context that was typed, i aint here to research of what he exactly meant by saying autoclicker is against the tos because he wrote it on some streamer's chat, but i still think is important to notice for those who like to use such that it isnt against the tos in certain cases, that was all there was to it.

im not here to promote auto clicker nor am i a fan of it or even have a use for it myself, i just think its a minor detail that if inviduals are stating such out of context that its not entirely correct when infact u are allowed in certain cases to use it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Any 

1 hour ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

So what will Anet do about these players that abused it with auto clickers?

Guildies have clips of player using air attunement to kill ppl.

I think anyone who knowingly abused this bug turned exploit should receive a 6 month ban if not outright total ban. They had to go through the actual steps to make it work which means they know it was against the TOS.  

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/16/2023 at 3:22 PM, jcH.7109 said:

Logged into GW2 today, only to find that my main (weaver) is bugged. As you can see in the video, the elite spec was chosen to be Weaver, and sword is my main hand weapon.7 However, when swapping attunements, it automatically double attunes to the element. I have access to the dual attack for about half a second before it fully attunes to the element. Elements of rage bonus isn't given either. Basically plays like core ele for no apparent reason. Wtf is happening?

https://youtu.be/2pwB3auW8iE

Same here on two chars. No tonic or something used.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Albadaran.1283 said:

It would be Honorable if they add some kind of compensation now its taking so long 😉

They should, elite specializations are not free to play content, u paid for them...

I came back to gw2 a week ago and create a new character, when i reach 80lvl, complete equipement and collect enough hero points to train last weaver trait my weaver isn't complete... he is deleted. Feels like Anet spit in my eye.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Anorak.4695 said:

10 years of spaghetti code won't fix itself in 2 days 😉

we even got a patch on some other stuff but after 3 days still no fix........ just disable the goddamn potion and let people play theyr class i dont understand......... like is the smart thing to do?  we got an ingame bug with an item involved "lets disable the profession?" that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Necrouw.9873 said:

we even got a patch on some other stuff but after 3 days still no fix........ just disable the goddamn potion and let people play theyr class i dont understand......... like is the smart thing to do?  we got an ingame bug with an item involved "lets disable the profession?" that is one of the dumbest things i have ever heard 

Doesn't the problem involve a SAB-specific potion which ends in like 2 hours?  Or is it any potion?  Had heard it's related to SAB event, but I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by Chaba.5410

18 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Doesn't the problem involve a SAB-specific potion which ends in like 2 hours?  Or is it any potion?  Had heard it's related to SAB event, but I'm not entirely sure.

heard the same thing but im not 100% sure either way i think it was a really poor move on dev end. i can guarante you we wont get weaver back today even when sab is over

36 minutes ago, Necrouw.9873 said:

Yep, totally fair, penalizing all Weavers for a bug they introduced, with sledgehammer methods.

Disabling combat tonics would've been the better solution

Edited by thesanewonko.2670
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Any combat potion worked for the bug.  However, in raids, the only combat potion that's useable is the April Fool's Choya Psionic Tonic.

The main issue is in wvw where many combat tonics are available for use, and this problem was readily being exploited.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sir Buttles.5182 said:

Any combat potion worked for the bug.  However, in raids, the only combat potion that's useable is the April Fool's Choya Psionic Tonic.

The main issue is in wvw where many combat tonics are available for use, and this problem was readily being exploited.

a couple more clicks to disable items instead of a profession? then its just laziness i dont know if that makes it better but i appreciate them having a fix 

This wasn't just an "Oops, misplaced a semicolon," kind of coding issue. It was a complex interaction of several things that likely has the coders scratching their heads wondering how it was even possible. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they have a solution this week.

In the meantime, I don't play Weaver anyway, but all the noise has made me bring my Tempest out of semi-retirement and update his builds. Having much PVE fun with Celestial Condi, Marauder Fresh Air, and Aura Healbot builds. YMMV.