Jump to content
  • Sign Up

[Conquest PVP] DD zerker Ele : Zero **** given


Recommended Posts

Who would have thought that 8 years later DD ele as  a zerker would still be complete trash, i've seen some game let some class rot for quit some time, but i've never seen something like that.

 

Always been a huge fan of DD Ele since the beta days, and it was ok at best at the time, but since the release of heart of thorns it's trash tier at best. It's  a shame really, the gameplay of DD is way more fast paced and dynamic compared to SF ( IMO ), but since the rework of berserker amulet it's unplayable, made some test as marauder, you literally get deleted by a single spell, the kit has literally no defensive aspect, and you're a melee dps, with the lowest hp pool, no defensive whatsoever, just a squishy dud wich has to trade the bit of mobility he has for some meager condition removal.

 

I just don't get how you could let DD in such a sorry state for the entirety of your game existence, it's not that hard really, just give some love to the kit, literally NO ONE plays DD competitivly, and i know you devs  are like maybe 5 person to work on conquest PVP, but please, take a look at the poor state in wich these weapons  are. 

 

Best joke of it all is that you actually nerfed the set by making Updraft such a bad spell compared to what it was, and yes it was strong, but considering the nullity of double dagger ele, i really fail to understand why you would remove their only good engage.

 

DD ele is the weakest class in terms of survability, condi cleansing, mobility, damage. When i compare it to stuff like Hammer scrapper with his outstanding damage/mobility/survability, or even the classic DP thief who's superior in every aspect, or swordbender wich has like 5 teleport ability/better damage while being able to play marauder /better condi cleansing/mobility/you name it, HOW in the world could you nerf DD and let it in such a state for like 8 years or so. I just don't get it.

 

I think the fact that Elementalist having such a small base HP pull makes it very akward for the class to play as pure zerker, SF/SD can get away with it because they're ranged DPS and have blind, inbuilt immunity, projectile protection, but DD has  to be where everyone can focus him (in the melee ), it doesn't matter if he's zerker amulet with 13k hp ( with the 10% hp from divinity WAHOUuuu ) or marauder, he gets deleted in a matter of second.

Edited by Macmoarning.3208
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Entirety of the game existence" is an exaggeration whether through ignorance or misleading purposely. DD core elementalist was at the height of the meta for a good chunk of time in core GW2 PvP. Now every profession has lots of diversity with specializations so you can find something that fits you similarly if you get over yourself. But if you're so tied to a specific combination of weapons and traits, then have fun in the whambulance with all the other crippled one-tricks on their way to the nerfspital forum. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ixl Super Eu Ixl.3259 said:

"Entirety of the game existence" is an exaggeration whether through ignorance or misleading purposely. DD core elementalist was at the height of the meta for a good chunk of time in core GW2 PvP. Now every profession has lots of diversity with specializations so you can find something that fits you similarly if you get over yourself. But if you're so tied to a specific combination of weapons and traits, then have fun in the whambulance with all the other crippled one-tricks on their way to the nerfspital forum. 

For starter, all you had to do : was read. I did say core ele was OK tier as DD untill heart of thorns came out. I'am not a one trick, since again, if you read my post with your two eyes you could have seen me making comparison with other classes. For the reccord, i play every single class there is on this game :

 

https://ibb.co/jk9x6hy   I'll let you see for yourself.

 

And it's precisly because i play every class, played every specialisation that i'am able to see for myself what i'am talking about. I'am not a crippled one-trick as you call it, very nice of you to make those kind of assumptions  by the way.

 

I have 50 000 pvp game played roughly, again, on every classes. You're saying "every profession has lots of diversity", i never denied that, but the fact is many specialisation of specific class  are literally unplayable  and it's  a fact. 

 

I'am not buthurt, not salty, i'am just making a simple point : DD ele as  a zerker has been extremly bad compared to every other zerker specialisation for like 8 years now and the squishyness of it is one of the reason why it's unplayable right now. Doesn't take a genius to understand that

 

And for the reccord, DD zerker NEVER was "at the height of the pvp meta", support ELE was, so instead of calling me ignorant i'd advise you to better know what you're talking about.

Edited by Macmoarning.3208
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Macmoarning.3208 said:

There are no other spec to play as dps Elementalist, but Cata DD still extremly bad

 

I actually played Core DD for a season or two, right before EOD. It was still able to get me to Plat. 

 

But everything changed once EOD came out. The power creep is just too much. What kills Core DD now is actually the huge amount of stuns and mobility in the Meta. Not the damage. 

 

That's why catalyst would suit you better. Fortify utility, stab on auras, water field, and extra boons are all things DD needs. Catalyst is meta right now too- however The build is fresh air Scepter. Even so, a DD build is definitely salvageable if you try-hard. 

 

I don't play DD anymore after Anet screwed up Dagger 3 evades. But I'd imagine if you change your stats from zerker to something with a little more toughness and condi, you'll create a good duelist build

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Stallic.2397 said:

But everything changed once EOD came out. The power creep is just too much. What kills Core DD now is actually the huge amount of stuns and mobility in the Meta. Not the damage. 

 

Not gonna debate on that, just a setup is enought to get rid of you, literally died to nade belt/explo nade, just 2 button on a stun during celerity buff is all it took. But if i had to say, the sheer amount of stab is  also what made DD ele worse than he is now.

 

I did try Marauder, and the amulet that trades ferocity for heal, and overall it's just not that great, what's the point of playing a compromised DD when all you have to do is to play SFcata.

 

Much thanks for the imput tho

Edited by Macmoarning.3208
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

So you want d/d buffed so you can play it with zerker amulet? 

 

I just want DD to be more resilient as glasscanon yes. A DD rework on many spell would be much welcomed. All i know is that right know it's impossible to play zerker amulet on DD, you can literally die from 1 or 2 button, it's not normal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Macmoarning.3208 said:

 

I just want DD to be more resilient as glasscanon yes. A DD rework on many spell would be much welcomed. All i know is that right know it's impossible to play zerker amulet on DD, you can literally die from 1 or 2 button, it's not normal

What is a resilient glass cannon? Good luck on your crusade to implement the married bachelor, I wish you great success. Also as someone who often plays berserker amulet on weaver(D/F), if you "literally die from 1 or 2 button", that sounds like a skill issue. Maybe don't cast crunching earth in the middle of a teamfight?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

What is a resilient glass cannon? Good luck on your crusade to implement the married bachelor, I wish you great success. Also as someone who often plays berserker amulet on weaver(D/F), if you "literally die from 1 or 2 button", that sounds like a skill issue. Maybe don't cast crunching earth in the middle of a teamfight?

 

It's not a skill issue, it's just a utility issue, many glass canon have a lot of tools to survive, scrapper for instance has huge damage and insane mobility ( perma superspeed ), thief has insane mobility, great disengage potential, perma stealth, willbender have the best burst a glasscanon can offer, and insane mobility, a lot of gapcloser.

 

DD has nothing of those, it's a specialisation that is prone to getting one shotted, been playing Ele since the release of the game and i probably play DD way better than most people. But people have to use the "skill" word a lot, that's for sure. All i'am saying is taht zerk Ele dies way faster than most glass canon because it has 13k hp. DF has wayyyy more defensive tool compared to DD : inbuild immune, condi removal, projectile immunity.

 

The DD problem comes when you play in the highest ranking against good opponent who can easely negate DD burst cuz it's telegraphed compared to SF who can DT and burst you before it comes down. Not by playing QP.

 

When i say make it more resilient, i'am just asking for better tools to resist agression really ( just look at SF wich has way more tool to handle burst like blind on demand ), because right know it's nowhere near to being close to any of the glass canon in many categories ( damages, burst, mobility, disengage potential, means to protect yourself , ... )

 

 

Edited by Macmoarning.3208
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Macmoarning.3208 said:

 

It's not a skill issue, it's just a utility issue, many glass canon have a lot of tools to survive, scrapper for instance has huge damage and insane mobility ( perma superspeed ), thief has insane mobility, great disengage potential, perma stealth, willbender have the best burst a glasscanon can offer, and insane mobility, a lot of gapcloser.

 

DD has nothing of those, it's a specialisation that is prone to getting one shotted, been playing Ele since the release of the game and i probably play DD way better than most people. But people have to use the "skill" word a lot, that's for sure. All i'am saying is taht zerk Ele dies way faster than most glass canon because it has 13k hp. DF has wayyyy more defensive tool compared to DD : inbuild immune, condi removal, projectile immunity.

 

The DD problem comes when you play in the highest ranking against good opponent who can easely negate DD burst cuz it's telegraphed compared to SF who can DT and burst you before it comes down. Not by playing QP.

 

When i say make it more resilient, i'am just asking for better tools to resist agression really ( just look at SF wich has way more tool to handle burst like blind on demand ), because right know it's nowhere near to being close to any of the glass canon in many categories ( damages, burst, mobility, disengage potential, means to protect yourself , ... )

 

 

Okay so basicly you are just complaining that you can't put a square peg through a round hole. Elementalist already has a viable way to be played in melee range if you want a bursty/glassy powerbuild, it's D/F weaver with LR. You are using the toolkit intended for the bruiser hybrid.

The willbender with that superb burst had to pick a fixed set of traits, amulet/rune/weapons. Same for thief to achieve the best mobility in this game. If you are not doing the same for ele, do not expect to be viable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Okay so basicly you are just complaining that you can't put a square peg through a round hole. Elementalist already has a viable way to be played in melee range if you want a bursty/glassy powerbuild, it's D/F weaver with LR. You are using the toolkit intended for the bruiser hybrid.

The willbender with that superb burst had to pick a fixed set of traits, amulet/rune/weapons. Same for thief to achieve the best mobility in this game. If you are not doing the same for ele, do not expect to be viable.

The title of this topic is Double dagger, just a reminder, i'am not talking about focus, i'am not talking about scepter, just adressing the fact that DD is pretty weak right know : no more, no less.

 

I don't know what to tell you if you can't read. DD being one of the least played spec for almost a decade isn't what i'd call complaining, just adressing stuff that should have been tuned for ages. All i'am saying is DD has  a lot of weakness in his melee kit compared to most of the other glass canon

Edited by Macmoarning.3208
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Macmoarning.3208 said:

All i'am saying is DD has  a lot of weakness in his melee kit compared to most of the other glass canon

Weapon sets have purpose. Having D/D means you will tank hits, so you have to have a bruiser build if you are intent on playing that. Of course it will be weak if you play it with something like a berserker amulet. You mix bruiser and roamer kit, you end up being unviable. But I told you this already, maybe there is a problem with your...

 

30 minutes ago, Macmoarning.3208 said:

I don't know what to tell you if you can't read.

Oof... uno reversed, killed dead, defeated deflated decomissioned. I'm gone.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

Weapon sets have purpose. Having D/D means you will tank hits, so you have to have a bruiser build if you are intent on playing that. Of course it will be weak if you play it with something like a berserker amulet. You mix bruiser and roamer kit, you end up being unviable. But I told you this already, maybe there is a problem with your...

Been playing DD zerker during the soloQ Era and was top of the ladder with it, you could play it at some point, and you can't now, doesn't mean DD was designed for support or bruiser in mind, it just got ejected out the meta when build started to have more CC/stab.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

D/d always performed better in lower damage metas as a side noder.

the damage on d/d is more of a problem if you ask me. There really isn’t enough outside of some burst damage that is telegraphed.

The amulet choices don’t really fit the play style you need a bit of every stat. Also boons are significantly weaker since core which plays into their survivability

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Macmoarning.3208 said:

Been playing DD zerker during the soloQ Era and was top of the ladder with it, you could play it at some point, and you can't now, doesn't mean DD was designed for support or bruiser in mind, it just got ejected out the meta when build started to have more CC/stab.

 

So just because 99.99% of players used it as a bruiser, it was present in the meta as bruiser or nothing at all... that doesn't mean anything. Words of a dead man(as I cleary died as indicated in my previous comment): This is cope.

If D/D ele was actually a viable pick both as bruiser and as roamer, I'd campaign to get it nerfed. If something excels in entirely different roles that's because it's overtuned.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

If D/D ele was actually a viable pick both as bruiser and as roamer, I'd campaign to get it nerfed. If something excels in entirely different roles that's because it's overtuned.

 

You see, that's my problem, and that's where i think you are wrong. You could make it viable in both role without making it busted. for starter, like i said some modification could be added to the kit's ability. The bruiser role could easely be adjusted in the specialisation. It's not about giving him more damage, but just about making the DD kit having more sense for zerker. 

 

it's not all black and white, there's a fine line between the two at times but you can find balance in it, all i'am saying is : don't let it rot for 8 years without giving it a single thought.

 

I was having a ton of fun it, and at some point they nerfed updraft because DD support was too good, to me this is the perfect exemple of a toughtless decision, Ele support can always be ajusted threw talents. The fact they nerfed it without giving too much tought about it literally deleted zerker DD at the same time,  these aren't healthy changes.

Edited by Macmoarning.3208
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...