PSA: Stacked Ele Teams Are WOKE

23 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

Errr I don't get it?   Someone clue in the old person?

Woke, is a word meaning that someone is aware and actively involved with current “social issues”, especially those that pertain to far left activism.

it is also generally used as an insult to anyone that happens to be far left, due to the perceived absurdity of the majority of people

1 minute ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Woke, is a word meaning that someone is aware and actively involved with current “social issues”, especially those that pertain to far left activism.

it is also generally used as an insult to anyone that happens to be far left, due to the perceived absurdity of the majority of people

Right... the Woke Jokes ... but why would having multiple ele's (the opposite of "diversity") be woke... you think it would be the opposite?

I'm truly woke teams will have all races and professions and classes represented... in a 5 man team of course.   Anyone who says this is mathematically impossible... is not woke

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Right... the Woke Jokes ... but why would having multiple ele's (the opposite of "diversity") be woke... you think it would be the opposite?

I'm truly woke teams will have all races and professions and classes represented... in a 5 man team of course.   Anyone who says this is mathematically impossible... is not woke

The eles can be whatever they want to be. Supports, DPS, bunkers, boon spammers, and anything in between. They have an entire spectrum of viable builds while now. 

Kind of like that other thing that exists on a spectrum that I won't get into because forum policy. 

Ergo. Eles WOKE. 

Just now, shion.2084 said:

Because that's generally what that sort of policy lends itself to. Replacing one form of discrimination with another. 

My company did that to me during covid forcing me to be the focus of a diversity video to showcase just how not diverse we were.

Just now, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Because that's generally what that sort of policy lends itself to. Replacing one form of discrimination with another. 

My company did that to me during covid forcing me to be the focus of a diversity video to showcase just how not diverse we were.

Wait how is making you the focus of a video showing how undiverse a company is?   Are you like the whitest white person ever?

Y'know what... Why does support ele get special treatment. Us Heal Scrappers have rights too! This med kit oppression will not stand! 

Stay woke my Scrapper brethren. Don't let the tele gank mob fool you with their propaganda. They just want superspeed nerfed because they want kills handed to them on a silver platter. 

Do not be blinded by their lies! 

I will now go touch grass.

Edited by Kuma.1503

12 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Y'know what... Why does support ele get special treatment. Us Heal Scrappers have rights too! This med kit oppression will not stand! 

Stay woke my Scrapper brothers. Don't let the tele gank mob fool you with their propaganda. They just want superspeed nerfed because they want kills handed to them on a silver platter. 

Hear , hear!! 
I would say an actual support warrior would be good too, I would even give scourge support a chance if it did get a rework so it didn't turn the game into 0 damage wars.

7 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

The eles can be whatever they want to be. Supports, DPS, bunkers, boon spammers, and anything in between. They have an entire spectrum of viable builds while now. 

Kind of like that other thing that exists on a spectrum that I won't get into because forum policy. 

Ergo. Eles WOKE. 

waaait so the ele is actually woke

is weird

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Unless eles have been given a new skill that spawns a bluehaired leftist which then spams /say with deranged propaganda about how all unequal outcomes are always the result of discrimination and that we must therefore convert the world to Marxism, I don't believe "Woke" is the correct word to use here. 

Maybe OP is from Florida?

10 hours ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

Unless eles have been given a new skill that spawns a bluehaired leftist which then spams /say with deranged propaganda about how all unequal outcomes are always the result of discrimination and that we must therefore convert the world to Marxism, I don't believe "Woke" is the correct word to use here. 

Ooh, fun history lesson. 

Did you know that the term "woke" actually originated in African American Vernacular English. (Also referred to as "Ebonics" but that word has a negative connotation lately). 

Woke originally meant "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination". 

It was eventually adapted by the rest of society, and its definition has become more muddy as a result. 

Not actually going anywhere with this. I just wanted to share a fun fact since the topic came up. 

7 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Ooh, fun history lesson. 

Did you know that the term "woke" actually originated in African American Vernacular English. (Also referred to as "Ebonics" but that word has a negative connotation lately). 

Woke originally meant "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination". 

It was eventually adapted by the rest of society, and its definition has become more muddy as a result. 

Not actually going anywhere with this. I just wanted to share a fun fact since the topic came up. 

Honestly it gets used too often by those on the far right to describe anyone on their left, even those that are still right wing.

• Thanks 2

This is Murica thing?

Maybe because of binary political system. Even though it's not actually binary I know you guys have several more party's but in the end only 2 get voted.

That automatically divides them in left and right and each party as to represent the full spectrum of right and left wing politics respectively.

This makes it so that the party's have to represent the extremists in both ends. And we all know how loud the extremists are compared to the moderate center.

It's not like we don't have extremists from left and right in Europe but in most cases they are confined to party's that represent less then 10% of total voters and thus have little to no power in changing/making laws.

Just my view on the topic.