Resources for new player - more in depth

Numi.9243

Hey all,

New to the game, but not in the MMO realm. Used to raid heavily in FF14 and WoW (completed all content prior to mid patches etc)

I need more advanced guides to squeeze the most out of my character and their DPS (even if  a support) do we have resources for that? Is there a hidden command for lessening spell queue times like in WoW? 

Also, more advanced guides for queueing attacks and animation canceling if it’s a thing (haven’t noticed yet)

I know this may seem really specific and “just enjoy the game first!” And I am, but I got a boost or two and I want to start dailies and preparations for afterwards. Perfecting or getting good now means I don’t have to unlearn lazy or wrong play styles later. (Like not dodging and just face tanking because I can)

As always, appreciate you! This community is pretty great 🙂 

Edited by Numi.9243

Get your boon uptime to where it is supposed to be at.

Get your healing/dps to where it is supposed to be at.

Start reducing excess boon duration equipment in favor more damage.

Then start looking into animation cancelling.

Then should you really be good enough at all of the above, that will take a while, either branch out to another class/role or start mastering fights.

FYI: dropping quickness as quickness support for even a few seconds on your subgroup will usually result in a net loss of total dps for the group/squad. Get those values up first (and use logs and arcdps to actually checl your performance).

I'm not saying optimizing dps isn't good eventually, but my experience especially with new players, is that they don't even have the basics down and shouldn't worry about "maximizing dps" for a long time.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Get your boon uptime to where it is supposed to be at.

Get your healing/dps to where it is supposed to be at.

Start reducing excess boon duration equipment in favor more damage.

Then start looking into animation cancelling.

Then should you really be good enough at all of the above, that will take a while, either branch out to another class/role or start mastering fights.

FYI: dropping quickness as quickness support for even a few seconds on your subgroup will usually result in a net loss of total dps for the group/squad. Get those values up first (and use logs and arcdps to actually checl your performance).

I'm not saying optimizing dps isn't good eventually, but my experience especially with new players, is that they don't even have the basics down and shouldn't worry about "maximizing dps" for a long time.

I appreciate this! This is a really great quick and dirty on what to improve and be mindful of. I won’t be stressing on maximizing quite yet (that probably comes with knowing the fights too!) so it’s definitely fair to say that especially since I am new