Two Factor auth not working

HI,

i have a problem with the two factor auth with the authenticator. The generated codes do  not work with the new launcher. I get the message that the code is invalid.

I can log into account.arena.net without a problem, so the codes are correct.

As a workaround i had the website remember my network, after that the client let me in without asking for a code.

Anyone else has this problem?

Edited by Irkm Desmet.3928

I still habe the problem too.

As i mentioned as a workaroud you can log into the account Website with your browser. https://account.arena.net

On the page where it asks for the second factor set the 'remember this network' checkbox. After that the client lets you in without a second factor. This works for me.

Pasting the code into the client did not work for me.

Edited by Irkm Desmet.3928
spelling

I have this problem too, but I have a fix. Just not very sure if this also works for you.

So, when you log in, if you encountered error code 11:1012:7:248 it might be part of the Chromium Embedded Framework issue. To find your error code, look at the lower left corner of the error prompt, left-hand side of the "OK" button.

And to fix it, you right-click the launcher icon and click "Open file location". If you open via Windows Start Menu, chances are you'll have to do it one more time to get to the exact location. You should find a file named Gw2-64.exe

Now, right-click this file, create a shortcut, then right-click your newly created shortcut and select Properties. At the end of the target line, insert a space, and then type "-usecoherent", and then save.

Your target line should read like:

"C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -usecoherent

This should disable the chromium thing.

Now, open the game using this shortcut and try to log in again.

And to the devs if you're reading this, problem's still there. Please fix it and thank you for all the nice work!

• Sad 1

Greetings all!

Having the same issue as well and it all started after patch on 4/18/23. Contacted support and I was told to remove and re-add the authentication to the account, but clearly this doesn't seem to be a 2FA issue since I was able to login to my account before and after re-adding the 2FA. However, the launcher doesn't work with either change, it still gives the "code you entered is invalid" error. 

The only workaround that seems to register the code correctly was the suggestion by user Verglas.9436 in other forum thread ([After Patch] Laucher Freezes after clicking Log In --> Game won't start) as confirmed also by Raffrey.5271 in here. And I agree that the Chromium Embedded Framework Host seems to be the only variable that could explain this and other problems related since the latest batch of patches. Using the Coherent UI per workaround description makes the game once more accessible with the 2FA implemented and stable. 

ArenaNet's support last recommendation sadly is to reinstall the game, which at this moment I think should be the last resource and I believe that a proper solution should be applied without the need of workarounds or full game installations. The game was fine before the patch and therefore a fix should be implemented without asking players to download the game again. If someone has already reinstalled the game, did that fixed the issue? Did the reinstall caused other problems?

Hopefully, the devs and IT support will deliver a solution (aka patch) soon before more users are affected. To them, thanks for your hard work!

• Haha 1

Similiar issues since the latest patch on 18th April.

This is what is happening to me.

Double click the GW2 Icon on my desktop - the launcher appears and the email address and password fields are completed with the correct details. I then click th Login button which is active. The SMS Authorisation screen appears and then shortly after I get the SMS code via my phone.

I enter this code into the onscreen box and press submit.

At this point I get an error screen saying

"Guild Wars 2 has encountered an error. Connection failed"

The build number displayed on this window is 144604 and it also displays an error code of 3044:1030:9:553

If I keep repeating the above sequence I get a new SMS message and then once I input it I get the error screen as above with the same error code.

Oddly if I close the launcher and click on the GW2 icon again and go through the sequence above, once I input the SMS code it then allows log in.

Thiis is all on a Windows 10 machine, fully up to date with all patches.

It seems odd that the first few attempts fail but then if you close the launcher and restart it the log in works!

Edit - both the Chromium embedded framework host for GW2 and Coherent UI - A modern User Interface Library are allowed Internet access via my firewall as is the GW2 game client.

Seems very odd that the first three or four attempts at logging in fail and then when you close down the Client and start it again it works fine!

Edited by Andy.5981
edited for spelling mistakes.

Greetings all!

Tried suggestion by Healix.5819 and...it works! Clicking on the submit button at the 2FA code section instead of pressing enter allows for a proper login as usual. Now, if you just press enter the game gives the invalid code error. There's definitely something wrong with the launcher's code after the CEF's implementation if this behavior is occurring. Anyone else has tested it yet?

Edited by Saurkan.8195
*Added update
  • Like 2

Playing through GeForce Now ('cause Mac). Same issue since the update. Tried removing authenticator, tried SMS, tried e-mail... Same problem. Cannot log in. To the point.... I don't even feel like trying. Randomly I do get in. But can't find a pattern. The code always works on anet site. I hope the devs are definitely looking into this as this was not an issue before.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Saurkan.8195 said:

Greetings all!

Tried suggestion by Healix.5819 and...it works! Clicking on the submit button at the 2FA code section instead of pressing enter allows for a proper login as usual. Now, if you just press enter the game gives the invalid code error. There's definitely something wrong with the launcher's code after the CEF's implementation if this behavior is occurring. Anyone else has tested it yet?

Can confirm this works. If you receive the SMS code, type it into the box on the launcher and then left click with the mouse on the Submit button - If you do this it logs in. If you press the Return key after inputting the code it results in the error message.