The game looked soo bloomy and saturated with Dx11 thingy, does anyone know how i could fixed it?

I've been playing GW1 and 2 on a variety of platforms since summer 2005 and the game has never looked so horrible and choppy as it looks now that DX9 support was removed (I'm running GW2 on a Win7 machine that I built specifically for the purpose and I'll rather drop the game than upgrade to Win10 if it comes to that). The only thing that the gamma correction slider does is that it switches between unplayably dark screen and a pixellated technicolor barf.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

any clues how to make playable - my character is either a little ball of light beams or so dark i can barley see him - just giving me eye strain to the point of a headache - tried adjusting the contract on my screen - but no effect

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As someone stated in another thread...

add a shortcut to gw2.exe right click on the shortcut then properties on target add -dx9  (e.g. ../...../Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -dx9) then start the game from that shortcut

This seemed to work for me, not sure how long it will last, but its better then not playing cause the game look like garbage otherwise

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, neighto.7386 said:

add a shortcut to gw2.exe right click on the shortcut then properties on target add -dx9  (e.g. ../...../Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -dx9) then start the game from that shortcut

This seemed to work for me, not sure how long it will last, but its better then not playing cause the game look like garbage otherwise

It is removed from the game settings but still work as windows will force dx 9 on the application so gw2 did not deactivate dx9 just force the clent to use dx11 

Also Both working for me just dx9 provide better FPS  as dx11 my fps is 30 to 35 on dx9 50 to 60

• Like 1

15 hours ago, neighto.7386 said:

This worked for me, thank goodness.  The game was almost unplayable without the DX9 force -- the whites were so bright and the blacks so dark that I couldn't see any texture, and all the colors were super-saturated neons painful to the eye.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I tried playing SAB with DX11 on an accurately calibrated monitor/gpu system and it was so bleached out I think there is a problem with ANet's DX11 implementation, The game does indeed look blazingly over contrasted on DX11 they need to go fix it or add a slider for something, it is eyeball searingly horrible on DX11 compared with DX9 for some reason.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Screenshots and examinations of graphics settings would help.

I am not the one having the issue mentioned in this thread. 😉

6 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It's the post-processing setting that adds in the bloom.  I have mine off.

So do I, but for some reason that does not resolve the problem for the people having it.

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Ambient Occlusion on or off?

Mine? On.

As I said, I am not having any issue with oversaturation and such. Everything still looks the same for me under DX11 as it did before the patch.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I am not the one having the issue mentioned in this thread. 😉

Indeed.  You're not the only reader of this thread though 😉

I suspect if turning off post-processing isn't working, it might be due to an interaction with another setting.  Which is why screenshots and inspection of graphics settings would help here.

What are their GPUs and driver versions too?  No one knows....

Been finding out since yesterday that quite a lot of users have some really old hardware...

Edited by Chaba.5410

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Indeed.  You're not the only reader of this thread though 😉

Well, you didn't quote nor address anyone in particular, so I thought it was a direct response. 😉 Sorry. 🙂

I still hope that they will soon separate all those settings, because having everything packed in just one single option (post-processing on/off) really isn't very user-friendly, regardless of one's system.

• Confused 1

my computer has Directx12, I cannot uninstall the D12 version and I have no way to add directx11, does anyone else have Directx12 and can enter gw2 without problems? When trying to install D11 directly from the Microsoft page, it is rejected because the D12 is the most current version. It's frustrating having paid for gw2 extensions and suddenly, in the latest update, I can't get into my own game.
Has anyone had this problem and managed to solve it?😣

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...