What is the point of the CEF...?

to use 4 or 5+ sub processes instead of 3 - and to use 300mb of memory for said sub-processes instead of 80mb. also its GOOGLE so why not tie into their systems?

EDIT: oh, i see CeF using 400mb on one process alone wiht additional 3x running at 20mb each... so yeah, very volitile and it would be really nice to cap it to way way less number of processes an to use less memory.

Edited by vee.5609
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Except for inability to close the tp popup windows by clicking outside of them, the tp works better for me, at least for now.

Funny, for me it's the exact other way round: I can still close windows most of the time by clicking outside of them, but loading times vary between "mediocre" and "I think I'm gonna go make some tea". 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

For me the game runs much better and much more stable now since coherentUI is gone. I don't care if the chromium framework uses more ram as long as its more stable than that memory leaking coherentUI middleware. With CEF the days of coherentUI crashes are gone and i can finally enjoy the game without having to fear a random crash. Even the trading post feels snappier now.

Its sad that some people have issues with CEF but i hope they get resolved soon and coherentUI stays dead and burried.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Because CoherentUI was 32-bit, so it would run out of memory and crash the game after a few hours. It also meant the game wasn't 64-bit clean, and needed many extra drivers and libraries under Linux.

The Trading Post is laggy because its a web browser, not because its Chromium. It doesn't matter what web browser they use, its still going to be a web browser at the end of the day and performance has never been a claim to fame of web-based technologies.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Because CoherentUI was 32-bit

Ahh, okay. Now that you said that, I remember there was a blog post about it a few months ago... oops!🙂

1 hour ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

The Trading Post is laggy because its a web browser, not because its Chromium. It doesn't matter what web browser they use, its still going to be a web browser at the end of the day and performance has never been a claim to fame of web-based technologies.

I never experience such lag on any web browser. I therefore assume that it's a server connection issue (or due to a heavy workload on the TP servers).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

I'll have to give it a week before I can be sure if "CEF" is worthwhile. On average, Coherent would be fine for four days out of the week, but on three of those days it'd fail to render stuff or get stuck on an animation for twenty seconds. I gotta see if the same still happens this week. Immediately, I see Chromium's more consistently smooth with repeat refreshes, but is now revealing how slow the game itself is at loading elements.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

Because CoherentUI was 32-bit, so it would run out of memory and crash the game after a few hours. It also meant the game wasn't 64-bit clean, and needed many extra drivers and libraries under Linux.

Early firefox got popular specifically due to performance. Early Netscape navigator wasn't bad either. Or early chrome, for that matter. It's just that for some reason all attempts to go for performance with webbrowser technology get crushed eventually with a ton of unnecessary bloat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2