Best Class for Heal/Tank in Raiding?

My group is new to raiding and we're just getting rolling. We are needing to fill two roles filled, Tank and healer. I'm already the tank (quickbrand), but I think I could fill a healer role as well if I went Healbrand or maybe HealMech. We're still building our group and comp is flexible.

Any ideas as to what is the best class to both heal and tank?

Edited by Quietas.4891

• Quietas.4891 changed the title to Best for Heal/Tank in Raiding?
  • Quietas.4891 changed the title to Best Class for Heal/Tank in Raiding?

Good main stream heal tanks:

- heal firebrand on minstrel gear (or go trailblazer quickness dps tank, also works well even if less ideal)

- heal quickness herald, still a very solid and easy to play choice

- heal alac mechanist tank, a very strong pick, especially for the earlier wings. On the easy side as well

- heal alac druid tank, a bit old school but still works. 

- heal alac tempest tank, similar to druid, used to be a very popular choice and still is strong

Any of the above will work well and are able to tank and clear just about any content. The 2 deciding factors for which to go for are:

1. Which boon needs covering and thus what offensive support will you pair your tank with (and thus how much utility skills can you expect to have for mechanics). Alac heal tanks are more flexible given the large amount of strong quickness dps builds. Meanwhile firebrand pairs well with offensive alac mechanist or renegade 

2. How well your group stacks for healing (effective healing rangers differ) and how much damage you are willing to mitigate via non healing abilities (example: firebrand becomes far better if you time aegis and stab, mechanist benefits from weaving as many auto attacks in as possible while using big cooldowns for expected spike damage)

Edited by Cyninja.2954

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 6:59 AM, Quietas.4891 said:

My group is new to raiding and we're just getting rolling. We are needing to fill two roles filled, Tank and healer. I'm already the tank (quickbrand), but I think I could fill a healer role as well if I went Healbrand or maybe HealMech. We're still building our group and comp is flexible.

Any ideas as to what is the best class to both heal and tank?

https://snowcrows.com/en/builds?profession=any&category=recommended&search=heal

https://snowcrows.com/en/builds?profession=any&category=viable&search=heal

• Confused 1