Give us true full screen for DX11 or return the DX9 option.

On 4/19/2023 at 8:42 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

And fix the disconnect issues that come with DX11.

Or, at the very least give us an option to make the game look like it did with dx9. DX11 looks too dark and way too glossy.

100% agree, fix the DX11 full screen mode before get rid of DX9, but i really do not get it, DX9 work flawlessy because the game was build to work in DX9 to begin it, DX11 is still broken today even after so many years and was never fixed.

Please bring back DX9 support where the game work properly, do not matter what OS you use.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/21/2023 at 7:59 AM, KrHome.1920 said:

ANet is using BGFX for DX11. They published a news where they explained this a few months ago. I am not sure how it exacty works but in fact exclusive fullscreen works like borderless window. It makes no difference what you select in the options menu.

What I do not experience is the corrupted visuals people mention in this thread. DX11 looks pretty much the same as DX9 did before. If I had to guess I would also say that this is either a driver issue or people use some kind of injector/3rd party program that is incompatible with the game in its latest release.

BGFX:

Overview — bgfx 1.118.8367 documentation (bkaradzic.github.io)

Yes, full screen mode do not work under DX11, the game is forced in borderless with annoying screen tearing (v-synch is broken).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Miporin.3529 said:

100% agree, fix the DX11 full screen mode before get rid of DX9, but i really do not get it, DX9 work flawlessy because the game was build to work in DX9 to begin it, DX11 is still broken today even after so many years and was never fixed.

Please bring back DX9 support where the game work properly, do not matter what OS you use.

100% agree too, problem is they do not plan to "fix" fullscreen with dx11 because they decide to not implement it at all as they said in other post year or so ago. I just dont get it at all, especially when so many players even with new PCs have issues with it.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

ANet please consider, a lot of players using older hardware/software (this can often overlap with geographies outside NA/EU/'five eyes' nations, lot of countries pay extreme prices for PC parts we might consider readily affordable) rely on dx9 and win7, these players are worth more to GW2 than the time required to not break the game or at least give courtesy notice of your decision to completely cancel support of dx9. Without a inclusive community an mmo is nothing, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

How hard it is for them to say something like "Look, we fixed some things with dx11, can players who are using the shortcut to play in dx9 test it and see if their problem is fixed before we completely remove it?" 

Very hard.
So better not say a word and just do it without even fixing anything with dx11.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Lysica.1027 said:

ANet please consider, a lot of players using older hardware/software (this can often overlap with geographies outside NA/EU/'five eyes' nations, lot of countries pay extreme prices for PC parts we might consider readily affordable) rely on dx9 and win7, these players are worth more to GW2 than the time required to not break the game or at least give courtesy notice of your decision to completely cancel support of dx9. Without a inclusive community an mmo is nothing, right?

I bought my computer in 2019, run Windows 11 and STILL have the problem…

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, etienne.1039 said:

I bought my computer in 2019, run Windows 11 and STILL have the problem…

Ye it is not that much about the parts, sure, people with old pc and windows 7 can not play the game at all now.
I think most people have newer PC with dx12 even, w11 and still can not play this game with dx11 because it is broken

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 6 months later...
On 1/27/2024 at 3:30 AM, nickcosta.8256 said:

So this is why the game is still running on DX9 API? It sometimes uses DX11 but most of the times mine runs on DX9. I can't understand how to make it run on dx11 all the time

GW2 is always DX11, but they're still using DX9 for CEF. Your overlay is just showing whichever happened to be first.