May 2 Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

Specter needs a damage increase and still cant target the main orbs during the base capture events in gyala delve with endless night. I dont know if this extends to all channeled skills but using endless night results in a no line of sight error which means the hitbox for the orb is below the ground

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Thief is generally in a good spot, and we didn't see any major outliers that needed to be addressed with this update.

I guess specter doesn't count as a "Thief" then. Been waiting since launch to actually use it as a support as was (apparently) intended. I hope whatever changes they have planned for the June patch are big ones because a few % adjustments are not going to be enough to get me to play it again, even if they increased its healing by 100% the mechanics and clunkiness are just too much for me to bother over any other dps/support options. 

Edited by Nomad.4301
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Nomad.4301 said:

I guess specter doesn't count as a "Thief" then. Been waiting since launch to actually use it as a support as was (apparently) intended.

"We're working on some larger adjustments for the next update in June, including the goal of significantly improving specter support builds" Dog it's literally in the next sentence.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

I do like the contradiction between "Thief is generally in a good spot" and "goal of significantly improving specter support builds".

Which is it Anet?

Hopefully the Thief changes for June can be good. Deadeye has been crying out for Fire for Effect to provide Quickness since inception and heal Specter desperately needs proper Protection and Regen application. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

There are some PvP only changes that should also be in WvW.

Cool deal on the Smash Brawler change. That is going to be nice to play with.

The nerf to Arc Divider in WvW is a poor choice. Don't do that. The stat reduction on Attacker's Insight in WvW is also a bad decision. Hopefully your June patch brings some love to the Spellbreaker traitline.

Also, when is the Rush tracking bug going to be fixed? It still goes in the completely wrong direction half the time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Facet of Nature: Reduced maximum number of targets from 10 to 5 in PvE only. 

I appreciate that this skill is being kept in line with the game in general, but I think the passives per legend were only viable when applied to a large amount of targets. With how weak most of the Facet of Nature passives and their active counterparts are, it would be great to have another look at this skill.

A possibility could be to return to the original One With Nature skill that applies multiple boons and have True Nature always apply the same passive buff. I think that would be generally accepted in all game modes and would make Herald feel closer to what it was originally. Appreciate if you could give this one a thought!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Fixed an issue that prevented soulbeasts from remerging at the end of zip lines.

Can you please stop punishing players in instanced content when you have no choice to use zip-lines.  (and other mechanics)

Examples:  KO strike mission travelling between platforms, Dhuum Greens.

These just make you want to avoid doing mechanics as a soulbeast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

15 minutes ago, Korbin.7134 said:

My boon duration is +85% and I could barely keep up alacrity even in those rare circumstances something was strong enough in PvE to survive for a few seconds while I had 3 clones out. That's with dodging pretty much nonstop and cleaving trash mobs to proc sigil of stamina.

Then you aren't playing it correctly. Staff/Staff Mirage does not need any boon duration to upkeep 100% Alacrity. In-fact, it goes well beyond 100% uptime.

This nerf changes little but may require some ritualists pieces. That's it. It was to mainly target Staff/Axe Mirage, which could also do over 100% Alac uptime and do very heavy DPS.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 19

9 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Mirage already can't provide Alacrity in PvE and now you're nerfing it? Wow...

Then you aren't playing it correctly. Staff/Staff Mirage does not need any boon duration to upkeep 100% Alacrity. In-fact, it goes well beyond 100% uptime.

This nerf changes little but may require some ritualists pieces. That's it. It was to mainly target Staff/Axe Mirage, which could also do over 100% Alac uptime and do very heavy DPS.

• Like 2
  • Confused 16

Does the ArenaNet team still know that a quarter of the engineer's core skills are turrets? Because those still haven't changed since before the first expansion. I mean come on, renegade legend skills are basically turrets but with proper design put into them. What's the deal here? At this point it seems like they're being deliberately avoided for some reason.

Is there a hard technical reason why they can't be changed?

Edited by Tulki.1458
  • Like 22