Queen Wurm in Tower of Nightmares - Prioritise more bug fixes in general.

This seems so bizarre, right? Well no, because the game has experienced incredible negligence regarding bug fixes in regards to just how many there are and the number of years this game has been out. At one point there was a list on the official Wiki page, which was probably missing a ton, which stopped being updated probably because of the same lazy attitude towards fixing them, but also because it focuses money-making resources elsewhere. Take a peak: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_bugs and no, old content not being fixed is not acceptable because the content is old and "people don't play it anymore". It's an excuse I've heard before and it totally ignores the problem and enforces the attitude towards not fixing dysfunctional parts of the game.

I was just leading a group through the often empty Tower of Nightmares, got to the end boss, I get monched by the Wurm Queen and it transforms me into eaten mode (aka, no skills, not visible). I get spat out and of course I am stuck in this mode, unable to do anything. I have no choice but to leave because if I don't I'm stuck, if I do, I'm locked out of the instance. Perhaps locked instances like this can incorporate some kind of /gg mode like fractals, strikes and raids?

There's also the DX11 bloom bug, never fixed despite it being a problem since the DX11 beta. The 1000s upon 1000s of other bugs that haven't been fixed across the core content of the game, the living world events, expansions, yada yada yada.

I made a purchase today, but it'll be my last. I have a lot to catch up on in the game and a giant tomes worth of objectives to tick off, so I need no other expansions for a good 5-6 years. I've spent a fair amount on this game over the years and one of the most major criticisms I've had since it's release and over the subsequent years has been, lack of fixes. I know some have been fixed, sure, but that's not good enough especially considering their revenue and the time they've had. A drop in the ocean and all that given my part, but it's about time this game had some polish on it. It is also desperately in need of more QoL - and not at the expense of people's wallets.

Other kitten takes: In Canthan there's noodle bars, everywhere, yet you can't interact. I always said, what a shame you can't use those. What releases later? A gem store noodle bar. It's a relatively minor thing, all things considered but you can see the thought the process here. Given how barren places like New Kaineng are, the lack of witty dialogue, the lack of creative events and an appropriate use of space and map design, I'd say it was massively rushed.

No colour-blind mode in 12 years. That's unacceptable.

Edited by Holgarf.6581
React as confused as you want - as if I'm some kind of mad man - doesn't change the fact this game needs fixes.
  • Confused 1