Best and most fun support class to play as a healear for Fractals and Raids?

2 hours ago, King Slayer.9671 said:

I really want to make a new character, i want to play as a healer. What should i chose? 

I want my healer to be able also to solo a bit.

A healer is not a damage dealer. You will need two separate builds, one a healer, the other a damage dealer.

I'd recommend Guardian for this. It's the most common choice for this and my personal favorite, but there are - of course - other viable professions as well that can cover both (e.g., Engineer or Ranger).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

You can't have best and most fun at the same time. Either your choose best, or choose most fun. Simple because "best" can be described objectively, but "fun" is entirely subjective, unless your definition of  "fun" is "playing in the most efficient and effective way". For example, HFB is the best healer support right now for most of instanced pve contents, but some players might find Heal Alac Mech / Heal Druid / Heal Scourge are more fun to play or other off-meta Heal build. So if you want the "best" healer support for most instanced pve contents, choose Heal Fire Brand.

9 hours ago, sigmundf.7523 said:

You can't have best and most fun at the same time. Either your choose best, or choose most fun. Simple because "best" can be described objectively, but "fun" is entirely subjective, unless your definition of  "fun" is "playing in the most efficient and effective way". For example, HFB is the best healer support right now for most of instanced pve contents, but some players might find Heal Alac Mech / Heal Druid / Heal Scourge are more fun to play or other off-meta Heal build. So if you want the "best" healer support for most instanced pve contents, choose Heal Fire Brand.

thank you for the advice, i'm just afraid that if i play lets say heal alach mech that raid groups and fractals group don't want me in?

On 4/24/2023 at 3:40 PM, King Slayer.9671 said:

thank you for the advice, i'm just afraid that if i play lets say heal alach mech that raid groups and fractals group don't want me in?

At the current meta, for most of PvE instanced content (non Challenge Mode) Heal Alac Mech / Heal Firebrand are the meta, so its safe to pick Heal Alac Mech.

However, at highest difficulty level in instanced PvE mode / Challenge Mode, sometimes one is favored than the other. For example, Harvest Temple Challenge mode, Heal Alac Mech is favorable than Heal Firebrand as HAM have better mobility to do mechanics in HT CM than Heal Firebrand. In Fractal T4 Challenge Mode, both are welcomed albeit most players use Heal Firebrand since its provide quickness + stab + fury + might + aegis + insane breakbar and other insane utilities. But Heal Alac Mech is also welcomed.

I'm not a raider, so I can't say anything for Raids and their CM. 

Edited by sigmundf.7523

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Druid and Tempest are the most fun right now imo. Firebrand and mechanist are the current meta healers depending on what content you play (in general firebrand= BiS for fractals, 1 raid wing and 1 strike cm, mechanist is favoured for all other raids/strikes). Druid and Tempest are less consistent in their output and quite heavily rely on personal skill level. Both can be good pick for solo healing aswell. 

If you really like healing in mmo's and want to invest quite some time into it i'd recommend to try out Tempest/druid. If you just want to be able to cover for your group whenever necessary i would probably recommend HAM or firebrand instead. 

Herald can be a viable option aswell, but wouldnt necessarily recommend it normally since there simply better/more fun builds out there

i find spectre to be the most interesting support class. its method of support is very different to firebrand and machinist, yet it is almost as effective after you play it for a while.

i think its also the only viable support that uses a sword for its mainhand.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/25/2023 at 7:54 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

machinist

M e c h a n i s t.
Say it with me: Mechanist. 

On 6/25/2023 at 7:54 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

the only viable support that uses a sword for its mainhand

Specepter uses a scepter, not a sword. No support build uses a sword.

On topic: HAM is great, versatile, you just need to get used to the tight leash that you're mech is on.

2 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

M e c h a n i s t.
Say it with me: Mechanist. 

Specepter uses a scepter, not a sword. No support build uses a sword.

On topic: HAM is great, versatile, you just need to get used to the tight leash that you're mech is on.

sceptor is a single-taget support weapon on spectre, while the sword heals all allies constantly with shadowstepping and rapidly refills the shadow force bar so you can use the consume shadows mechanic.

• Like 1