Upcoming Firebrand Nerfbat?

Quietas.4891

How hard do you think this is going to hit FIrebrand DPS? It looks to be removing a fair bit of burning and adding a minor amount of bleeds. Why remove burns from a class that literally has fire in it's name?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features/2023-05-02#Firebrand

Edited by Quietas.4891
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Quietas.4891 changed the title to Upcoming Firebrand Nerfbat?
On 4/26/2023 at 7:24 PM, Solstice.5790 said:

OP was talking about CFB in general, I was just as confused as you why it was being compared to qscrap.

OP was talking about fb dps in general. A completely different person brought up quick scrapper as a reason why the nerf needs to happen and you agreed with that point.

Most people complaining about the dps nerf to fb are usually complaining that it will hurt condi fb (not quick) too.

• Thanks 2

Spoiler

I agree that qfb needs nerf but not cfb...
First after spirits nerfs + radiance trait nef it was super underperforming.
Two patches later with mantra changes it caught up with meta to this day(yey) but saying its overpefroming its too much.
Still medicore virtuoso player > godlike firebrand on most bosses in term of dps. Cfb is better only in some fractals...   
There are pl that saying cfb need nerf because it can provide too much utilities to party without losing much dps.. then looks at condi scourge first which can literally carry whole party + after tome changes firebrand can't use any supportive tomes if its focused on doing dps

Changing Ashes of Lust from 3->2 stacks will destroy cfb totally. Only good thing cfb had was burst which only works with 4 allies around. Now its gonna have nothing to offer

One the other hand we have qfb which is crazy strong and requires nerf where cfb doesnt. The issue is ritualists stats which give rev and fb big flexibility of playstyle. Qfb nerf without literally killing condi firebrand in my opinion can be achieved by:
- changing ritualists stats by decreasing vitality or concentration

- giving more bleeding as mentioned but nerfing mantra of flame at the same time to not buff cfb to ridiculous numbers
- Reworking stalwart speed(useless trait so far) so playing qfb with Legendary Lore without mentioned stalwart speed is impossible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Kuya.6495 said:

OP was talking about fb dps in general. A completely different person brought up quick scrapper as a reason why the nerf needs to happen and you agreed with that point.

Most people complaining about the dps nerf to fb are usually complaining that it will hurt condi fb (not quick) too.

fb dps is condi damage, so the "dps nerf to fb" will hit cfb and qcfb alike.
And I did not agree that / why / how the nerf needs to happen. I just didn't make the sarcasm obvious enough, even with the second line in my initial response, I guess.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2