Best GW2 review ever

Jimbru.6014

8 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Elections are not art, nor subjective. What a silly analogy.

My argument pertained neither to elections nor art, but to the value of minority and majority. Also, why don't you actually respond to the questions asked, instead of cherrypicking a single sentence to criticize and move on?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Not watching all of that (it's 22 min long!), but the problem with everyone's awesome "first impressions" is that, yes, leveling up in Guild Wars 2 is great. It's when you hit endgame that it all goes downhill.

Me, at 6k hours or so, having lvled one character and tomes of knowledged 9 more... sure, sure. Totally.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

NOt bad but loses a lot of creditability when he describes the ability to purchase cosmetics as, "pay to win."

While I think it’s the wrong phrase to use, after an otherwise very positive review I appreciate his critique of the artificial inconveniences designed to push us toward the cash shop.

• Confused 3

again a review of the same game that 10 years ago was a huge marketing success. He talk about how great those systems were, BUT almost everyone one of them have been abandoned. My favorite part is at the end when the dungeon fell apart, that is a great metaphor of what happened to the entire end game.

• Confused 4

19 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Elections are not art, nor subjective. What a silly analogy.

how many hours have you played in game? i'm assuming its hardly any considering you don't seem to think there is much content at max level, right?

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

again a review of the same game that 10 years ago was a huge marketing success. He talk about how great those systems were, BUT almost everyone one of them have been abandoned. My favorite part is at the end when the dungeon fell apart, that is a great metaphor of what happened to the entire end game.

Imagine the type of person involved that visits a restaurant every day because they like the food and you only need to pay if you want to, but every day when they leave they announce 'the food here is bad'. 

• Like 4

Sure there is a lot of content in pve ranging from raids, fractals, strikes, maybe dungeons? But at the end of the day once hitting max level and say venture into either pvp or world versus world it is quite clear where the only content is given priority. Which in truth makes since they don't even try to make money off world versus world or pvp. Not everyone just wants to whack a stationary npc in their mmo experience. Some seek to increase their skill further by not challenging looped npcs. If they would push some more end game focus towards the other game modes more, that may possibly increase the likelihood of players staying which In turn could give them more money. If it would involve siege skins for golems rams ballistas trebuchets catapults shield generators as a example could be a way they could profit. Or introducing more stylized claiming of keeps  or towers. Granted yeah it would take time and be  more expensive but other game modes do need some attention. If it brings profit= Attention.  Then again all I am saying is common knowledge either way. It would be nice if other end game modes were given more concern instead of being left to rot as specific ones have since the past several years.

4 hours ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

If it would involve siege skins for golems rams ballistas trebuchets catapults shield generators as a example could be a way they could profit. Or introducing more stylized claiming of keeps  or towers. Granted yeah it would take time and be  more expensive but other game modes do need some attention. If it brings profit= Attention.  

couple really good ideas imo.

17,000 hours here, End-Game player, And i do feel like the game has nothing new to offer. 

I log in everyday just to do the same raids/Strikes. 

The game doesn't give you the "Down hill' experience if you're an open world gamer.. Maps takes a long time to end. lol. 

After beating every CM in the game i have nothing to achieve which makes it very repetitive because all i do is going to the same instances and kill the same bosses over and over and over again. 

The end-game scene in this game feels good for a few weeks/Months. But after you complete them all.. You get nothing. Reward system in raids/strikes are super bad (Which give some balance I guess. Killing a raid boss for the first time in a week gives between 2-4 gold) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Unomeriko.7104 said:

17,000 hours here, End-Game player, And i do feel like the game has nothing new to offer. 

The game doesn't give you the "Down hill' experience if you're an open world gamer.. Maps takes a long time to end. lol. 

After beating every CM in the game i have nothing to achieve which makes it very repetitive because all i do is going to the same instances and kill the same bosses over and over and over again. 

The end-game scene in this game feels good for a few weeks/Months. But after you complete them all.. You get nothing. Reward system in raids/strikes are super bad (Which give some balance I guess. Killing a raid boss for the first time in a week gives between 2-4 gold) 

17 thousands hours of end game content for 1 game is everything a mmorpg player can dream for, it also indicates a level of replay ability that is up there in the top echelon of games over all time.

At 17k ofc there is nothing new to offer, but like any great game you came back at 200 hours, 1k hours, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17k hours to enjoy the end game content you enjoy. 

Its a bit like a classic board game like say Go or Chess, or Backgammon, for those games the end game is not new after say 100 hours, but the pleasure is enjoying your growing skills, playing with friends or competing and completing.

Put it another way, GW2 has enough end game content that was good enough for you to login on average  for 4.3 hours every single days for 10 1/2 years!

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:49 AM, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

If you're talking about the "best Guild Wars 2 review ever" nothing even holds a candle to this:

(Spoilers warning for basically everything, and turn subtitles on.)

To long. I tried watching the video (before this recommendation, I read the reddit thread) but both the not native language as well as length makes it a rather difficult watch (I quit out 10-15 minutes in).

I'm sure it's a very well made and comprehensive review, but it's not cut out to attract not native speakers. No review does that relies on subtitles and is this long.

As to the review provided by TC (which again I had watched already) yup was fun and enjoyable to watch. A tad long at 20+ minutes but worked out well enough for me.

Edited by Cyninja.2954

@lezbefriends.7516

Leveling up in guild wars is the most boring experience of the entire game. Aside from doing "my story" the game doesn't get at all interesting until you've hit 80. You have it backwards.

I've tried to get many into the game who all just quit at the leveling up section because it's tedious and boring 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 8:23 PM, Unomeriko.7104 said:

As a newer player, the more and more I play this game, the more it appears that you are correct in your assessment of GW2. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 6:11 PM, lezbefriends.7516 said:

the problem with everyone's awesome "first impressions" is that, yes, leveling up in Guild Wars 2 is great. It's when you hit endgame that it all goes downhill.

So different experiences.

My levelling up takes max 5 minutes :s

I slowly levelled up 2 chars (one about 10 years ago and another about 1 year ago), with story and all that, and that's enough of leveling up for the next 3 years or so. Even 10 years ago I rather went to WvW to quick level (back then when  you still got normal xp in wvw) the rest of chars than playing story again or exploring maps and doing events and metas :s

The story is just a long tutorial ^^