Newbie in game warrior wvw roaming complications

GamerToad.9248

So i am playing warrior and i really like bladesworn for how tanky it is.

Issue is i can never win against a Guardian specialty willbender or any class that uses that Celestial stuff.

how should i proceed? how do you even against a willbender jumping and obliterating you with all that sticky power.

I am using marauder with eagle runes with axe and pistol. shout healing and barrier on ammo use.

Edited by GamerToad.9248
  • Like 1

• GamerToad.9248 changed the title to Newbie in game warrior wvw roaming complications

I dont think you can kill a cele build (assuming a competent opponent and good build) with anything war that isn't spellbreaker. And even spellbreaker with its boonrip will struggle.

Vs willbender you might not have enough dodges/evades to deal with their dmg. Tanking it with heals and shouts wont help much, they just output too much dmg.

My advice is to go play conquest, wvw is garbage for roaming. Not just on war.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I dont think you can kill a cele build (assuming a competent opponent and good build) with anything war that isn't spellbreaker. And even spellbreaker with its boonrip will struggle.

Vs willbender you might not have enough dodges/evades to deal with their dmg. Tanking it with heals and shouts wont help much, they just output too much dmg.

My advice is to go play conquest, wvw is garbage for roaming. Not just on war.

I have on Defense Berserker with DP, EP, EC, DS cheese. Go full dps stats and let the damage immunity carry you. Heal Stance to laugh at the conditions.

• Like 1

don't roam with warrior. it's completely trash.

warrior is the only class that is entirely made to fight in a tiny circle of a platform, even with all 3 elite specs, in pve/pvp

and warrior specs are all cannibalizing each other in terms of gameplay in basically all modes other then zerging in wvw.

even with bladesworn's high sustain, burst damage output is too low, too unreliable.

your only best bet now and the only build right now that can remotely fight with all the roaming specs with mid-range combat

is cele s/s lb berserker.

even spellbreaker will struggle hard for being pure melee.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, GamerToad.9248 said:

So i am playing warrior and i really like bladesworn for how tanky it is.

Issue is i can never win against a Guardian specialty willbender or any class that uses that Celestial stuff.

how should i proceed? how do you even against a willbender jumping and obliterating you with all that sticky power.

I am using marauder with eagle runes with axe and pistol. shout healing and barrier on ammo use.

Your problem is bladesworn.

Bladesworn is a spec that basically ties warriors' hands behind their backs. Especially with something as mobile as willbender. Warrior simply cannot catch it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:51 AM, GamerToad.9248 said:

how should i proceed?

play something else, you seem like you're not overly invested in warrior yet, so let me give you a quick briefing about warrior in this game.

warrior's been lagging behind every other class in development and hasn't been improved upon for a decade now, after 3 expansions. worse its designed around having flaws without any payoffs.

so i strongly suggest you invest yourself in a different profession.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

These folks are playing a different game. Spellbreaker is one of the better roaming classes right now. Bladesowrn is playable especially with the recent buffs 

It’s definitely a top tier duelist. Roaming it has complications but it’s definitely not bad, as can be assumed by some of the more pessimistic posts on here.

If you struggle against classes with high boon ubtime Spellbraker should be you thing. But overall said Warrior is one of the weaker classes when it comes to open field comebat (even while some Guys would highly disagree). Its basicly still overnerfed by its ccs does not deal dmg while its a Full melee class. However it shines when it comes to self Defence and hard CC ( daze/Knock down enemys and stuff) but most of those skills are also pretty Telegraphed. This leads the entire class into a noob stomper class but its also weak against decent Players and since every e-spec is more or less the same there is no real Help out off this state rn. 

Other said its a class for Players that Love the class. If you do not ..... i highly recommend to Play another class cause warrs state could be pretty frustrating.

• Like 1

complications is an understatement, spellbreaker doesn't even hold a candle to the oppressive roaming classes and bulds out there, no warrior spec does, its not even close.

i don't know who or what you guys have been fighting, but man you guys are way off on that one.

given there are a lot of easy pickings in wvw, so some of you might feel all strong and whatnot, but when you start fighting the better players on oppressive builds its clear as day how much of a bottomfeeder warrior is for solo roaming.

and go to class for boon stripping boon abusive builds? what a joke. you'd be lucky to strip the boons you want to get rid of, and they'd just reapply.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

complications is an understatement, spellbreaker doesn't even hold a candle to the oppressive roaming classes and bulds out there, no warrior spec does, its not even close.

i don't know who or what you guys have been fighting, but man you guys are way off on that one.

given there are a lot of easy pickings in wvw, so you might feel all strong and whatnot, but when you start fighting the better players on oppressive builds its clear as day how much of a bottomfeeder warrior is for solo roaming.

and go to class for boon stripping boon abusive builds? what a joke. you'd be lucky to strip the boons you want to get rid of, and they'd just reapply.

because warrior is very much a big noob stomper. and that's why they think it is good.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2023 at 11:03 AM, felix.2386 said:

don't roam with warrior. it's completely trash.

warrior is the only class that is entirely made to fight in a tiny circle of a platform, even with all 3 elite specs, in pve/pvp

and warrior specs are all cannibalizing each other in terms of gameplay in basically all modes other then zerging in wvw.

even with bladesworn's high sustain, burst damage output is too low, too unreliable.

your only best bet now and the only build right now that can remotely fight with all the roaming specs with mid-range combat

is cele s/s lb berserker.

even spellbreaker will struggle hard for being pure melee.

LOL, what?? We must be playing different games. War is fine for roaming, if you're having problems to the point where you think its garbage, there's some L2P issues happening

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I don't see as many BS running around after their Elite was reworked and shoutsworn died. I have decent success running around with this build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKAFcU1ZYZCsEGGLk5ijvTaUF-zVhYBBttF9ICxQUmDtG4Z0oKoXpgIPABsHeL6PDAA-w

I'm not the greatest BS player, but I find it to be pretty good. 

If you want to Roam on Warrior and you want to play something that is slightly more forgiving then I'd recommend Defense Spellbreaker. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAEh7lJwSYYMRGKeWX+vbA-zVIYRUzXKNGBZmAdWA9GCyeACYP8acwMAA-w

When I first started playing warrior I was told that, "To play well, you have to sweat for it." 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, FunkyBassline.5289 said:

LOL, what?? We must be playing different games. War is fine for roaming, if you're having problems to the point where you think its garbage, there's some L2P issues happening

it's your L2P issue if you think warrior is fine in wvw roaming tho. because warrior is a noob stomper, if you think warrior is fine, either you fighting noob, or you are the noob that gets killed by warrior.

big fat truth is 90% of the wvw roamers can't even press keys properly, so there's that, that's why often times wvw warrior has illusion of it being decent, until they start meeting people who can actually press keys after some time and their opinion change, it's a common occurrence that happens so often and never misses the mark.

it's not that we can't warrior, but it's more about not understanding what other classes can truly do that give the false illusion.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Lighter.5631 said:

it's your L2P issue if you think warrior is fine in wvw roaming tho. because warrior is a noob stomper, if you think warrior is fine, either you fighting noob, or you are the noob that gets killed by warrior.

big fat truth is 90% of the wvw roamers can't even press keys properly, so there's that, that's why often times wvw warrior has illusion of it being decent, until they start meeting people who can actually press keys after some time and their opinion change, it's a common occurrence that happens so often and never misses the mark.

it's not that we can't warrior, but it's more about not understanding what other classes can truly do that give the false illusion.

Incorrect, you're free to think whatever you want, but I duel good players consistently and it's competitive against every "meta" roamer build. I also appreciate the irony of being so defeated that you say someone else has L2P issues for not saying the class is bad lol.

Edited by FunkyBassline.5289
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, FunkyBassline.5289 said:

but I duel good players consistently and it's competitive against every "meta" roamer build

lol

Do list your build and list some meta builds that you feel competitive against.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

FWIW This works well against the cele horde while roaming and can wade Axe arm deep into the enemy Zerg. You can take Warhorn if you aren't good enough with it versus condis.

Defy pain with headbutt is just silly. I wonder when they'll add like 30+ ICD to defy pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

Defy pain with headbutt is just silly. I wonder when they'll add like 30+ ICD to defy pain.

They knew what they were doing when they did it. I think they made their changes to Defense explicitly with Headbutt's interaction with the new Defy Pain and the new Eternal Champion interacting with Savage Instinct in mind.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They knew what they were doing when they did it. I think they made their changes to Defense explicitly with Headbutt's interaction with the new Defy Pain and the new Eternal Champion interacting with Savage Instinct in mind.

Doesn't your dmg turn into poop with weakness on you and protection on your target?

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2023 at 4:27 PM, FunkyBassline.5289 said:

Incorrect, you're free to think whatever you want, but I duel good players consistently and it's competitive against every "meta" roamer build. I also appreciate the irony of being so defeated that you say someone else has L2P issues for not saying the class is bad lol.

being so defeated of what. all of my statement are mentioned based on logic.

also there's only 1% of the player base in wvw that's actually even remotely good player, i guess you kept dueling that 1% all the time, haha, you literally have to fight over 90 people to encounter even one remotely decent player.

and you are definitely not part of the good players of wvw, nor the ones you fight randomly in wvw generally.

just because they are a similar level to you, doesn't automatically make them good players, and I can prove it to you in game so hard myself.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1