Location/IP of US Servers please

Hi,

I am from South-East Asia and would like to actually play WvW without getting 4k ping everytime I see an enemy zerg.

I have tried contacting support to ask for an IP so I can actually contact my own ISP to try and "fix" the routing to the server but according to support, they do not deal with such request and only can help me "fix" my connection issues which is clearly a routing issue.

Could someone tell me where the server is located, I tried googling and stuff so far I understand its most likely in Ashburn, Virginia but that is all I can find and that is not a good answer to give my ISP to help fix the routing.

Type /ip in the chat and you get the temporal IP of the virtual server in the Amazon cloud that runs your current map instance. But AWS don’t let you tracert/ping  their internals, you can only follow routes till AWS

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Thanks 1

thanks Dayra, but the problem is once I fix that "routing" and the IP changes, I have to call the ISP again to "fix" the new IP which is counter productive and not practical to do so.

Edited by zefleas.7051
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

the problem seems to lie within those that aren't pingable 

so based on this:

https://i.imgur.com/BKuPNmj.png

which IP am I gonna use

note: ignore the 12 to 13 hop as the packet losses are normal apparently; even with 50% packet losses, the game runs fine without lag(ping spikes) until you see a big zerg

Edited by zefleas.7051
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, zefleas.7051 said:

the problem seems to lie within those that aren't pingable 

so based on this:

https://i.imgur.com/7XExG8E.png

which IP am I gonna use

From what I can tell, that vadata twelve99 router is one of the last links on your path to the AWS cloud in the Virginia datacenter.  Vadata is the vendor that basically runs the datacenter.  You won't get any ping responses from IPs behind it.

I also found this tool from twelve99: https://lg.twelve99.net

Edited by Chaba.5410

aye, so that is my whole point of this post, I need something like a Hostname or an IP to at least give my ISP something to try and solve the issue which I already tried asking support.

So which do I use Twelve99 which I doubt is the issue or ?

Because till now I have no information to give to my ISP apart from the temporary IP via "/ip" in-game

btw, I really appreciate everyone's input in this.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, zefleas.7051 said:

aye, so that is my whole point of this post, I need something like a Hostname or an IP to at least give my ISP something to try and solve the issue which I already tried asking support.

So which do I use Twelve99 which I doubt is the issue or ?

Because till now I have no information to give to my ISP apart from the temporary IP via "/ip" in-game

btw, I really appreciate everyone's input in this.

You can use the IP returned when you run the /ip command in game.

You don't need to keep calling them though.  They should know how to figure out what network block the IP is contained in and be able figure out if any of their routes are having issues.

Aside from all that, I don't think your ping spikes are exactly going to be caused by a networking issue with your ISP.  I'm using an entirely different ISP from you and also sometimes get weird ping spikes.  When zergs collide, the server network response times could be the source of the spike.

• Like 1