Thanks for the weekly achieves

Farohna.6247

I know they've been out for a while now, but I actually started doing them more recently and really enjoy the extra rewards and gold.  

I prefer to roam but it makes it a fun reason to go along with a group for many of them, and to spend a little extra time each week in WvW for someone who mostly enjoys open world.  Thanks for the extra incentive!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I am also grateful for the weeklies both because they give me a sort of "mission" near the end of the weekly period and because they just make the experience of playing seem more rewarding.  The objective scaling rewards also give a sense that reward chests are just piling up, even if their contents aren't fantastic.  The gold per hour may still not be great but I appreciate the "sense" of being rewarded.  I wish there was a way to have more weeklies that aren't far easier to get by joining a blob, but I can't immediately think of one that wouldn't either lead to degenerate behavior or discourage cooperative play, so I'm not complaining.

Can anyone come up with something that would reward roaming more than zerg play?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, blp.3489 said:

I am also grateful for the weeklies both because they give me a sort of "mission" near the end of the weekly period and because they just make the experience of playing seem more rewarding.  The objective scaling rewards also give a sense that reward chests are just piling up, even if their contents aren't fantastic.  The gold per hour may still not be great but I appreciate the "sense" of being rewarded.  I wish there was a way to have more weeklies that aren't far easier to get by joining a blob, but I can't immediately think of one that wouldn't either lead to degenerate behavior or discourage cooperative play, so I'm not complaining.

Can anyone come up with something that would reward roaming more than zerg play?

Perhaps incorporating veteran creature slayer but make it max of 5 to 10, or perhaps one tied to ebg for capturing mercenary camps as a additional one. or destroying enemy siege such as cannons and oil mortars which the easiest way to get those would be building a balista 🤔? Perhaps something for breaking walls or gates ?

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I have been in WvW almost every day for hours and still never completed SM capture once. Need better achievements.

I have completed it every week so far. But you don’t even need it to get the 8 gold, you can just do the other achievements. 

• Like 4

The Stonemist Capture does seem to be highly dependent on both the server you are  playing against (how well they want to defend it) and the server you are playing for (how much they want to attack it) and the times you play (how active your server is).

While there are other events in the weekly achievement, a couple of them are defend events, which from other messages, seems like it can be pretty buggy.

But I don't have a great solution - depending on factors, capturing things might no be something that can easily be done if you play off hours on your server, and that happens to be peak hours for the servers you play against.

What about them adding a Dolyak Runner achievement to the weekly?  While not particularly challenging, that doesn't necessarily seem to be a requirement for some of the weekly ones.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

The Stonemist Capture does seem to be highly dependent on both the server you are  playing against (how well they want to defend it) and the server you are playing for (how much they want to attack it) and the times you play (how active your server is).

Thats good at least I know it has nothing to do with never playing on EB.

Its all my servers fault or the enemy servers.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Thats good at least I know it has nothing to do with never playing on EB.

Its all my servers fault or the enemy servers.

I don't think Solvar wants to blame anyone, it seems to me rather a simple consideration. In fact, even a realistic consideration, it often happens to see SM in T3 for whole days, if you are playing against a server particularly busy keeping it, at the cost of losing everything else. Or even when you're heavily outnumbered you'll just be lucky if you can reset SM just for a few minutes, because then they'll immediately come back to pick it up.

All normal in WVW, the balance between servers is broken quite a bit. No one bothered to improve it, and if you've tried to suggest something to grant healthier competition in a large-scale PvP game, they'll tell you that this game wasn't meant to be competitive.

But we don't have to worry, because rather than fix/improve anything, the decision is made, I will be the WW revolution. So we will continue to keep the competition under our feet, because my alliance of 100 players can honestly compare with your alliance of 500 players. After all, WWW is not a competitive game. ( just a bit of bitter irony ) ✌️

On 5/7/2023 at 1:32 PM, blp.3489 said:

A buy-in bounty system. A rather good example of the style of system is from Destiny 2. As Amazon has shown people its fine to take good concepts from other games and put your own twist on them in a way that make it a familiar system that people like and use. Want more goals. pickup more bounties, want less, you can do that too. Over extend and get too many, its a currency sink and they will just expire.

Now mind you they kind of hinted at this was the first pass of a bigger system, but that could have been the choice of words that were used when they system was released. But agree, I don't focus on getting it done each week, it happens or it doesn't. Still a good step and decent groundwork that can be expanded on with more goals. MMOs are all goals and things to chase, so the more the merrier. My group competes on earning broken spoons in a given reset. That said, bringing WvW in line with fractals and such, all for it.

Thinking about this more, I wonder if the individual weekly achievements could remain as is (completable once per week), but the meta achievement has no time limit, but is repeatable.  So you have as much time as needed to get those 6 things done, and if you finally do, it resets and you can do it again, but are still limited by the other achievements being completable once per week.

For example, you are 5/6 on the meta, and take stonemist castle to complete it.  That meta resets to 0/6 being done, but since you have already taken stonemist castle this week, you can't take it again to help out the meta this week.  Next week you could.

This would help players complete the meta, but not really change the amount people can complete it - I suppose the serious WvW players might complete all 8 achievements every week, and so would get credit for an extra meta 1/month, but I really don't see that as a problem - people doing that much deserve that extra reward.

On 5/8/2023 at 10:34 PM, Solvar.7953 said:

While there are other events in the weekly achievement, a couple of them are defend events, which from other messages, seems like it can be pretty buggy.

But I don't have a great solution - depending on factors, capturing things might no be something that can easily be done if you play off hours on your server, and that happens to be peak hours for the servers you play against.

What about them adding a Dolyak Runner achievement to the weekly?  While not particularly challenging, that doesn't necessarily seem to be a requirement for some of the weekly ones.

Dolyak runner, guard killer, capturing points besides towers and camps, something.  I haven't done SM, defense some weeks but it varies a bit.  Overall I think it's a good mix of solo and group, maybe add a couple of more for fun 

On 5/8/2023 at 3:40 PM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I have been in WvW almost every day for hours and still never completed SM capture once. Need better achievements.

I have completed SMC Weekly Capture on the first day of every week since the beginning. It is one of the easiest to complete in the list. 

On 5/10/2023 at 2:19 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

I couldn't care less about the WvW Weeklies. That's not content. I'm getting much better rewards doing fractals each day. :classic_rolleyes:

It's not intended to be content.  It's not intended to be a gold making machine.  It does get players to take points and participate in ways they often skip. 

I am seeing more players actually taking camps (not just the blobs), killing dolyaks that they otherwise ran past, etc.  than before just to do the weeklies.  As stated, it's simply an extra bonus for things people already do, and gets some extra participation.  Also some of us really, really don't care for fractals.