Installer crash in NTDLL.DLL on Windows 10 after May 2023 update

The installer is silently crashing on Windows 10, I checked the event log and it's crashing in NTDLL.DLL. I searched the web and this seems to be a program error, so maybe you guys can fix it and release a new setup client.

Here is the error from the event log

Fault bucket 1193921015845496333, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Gw2Setup-64.tmp
P2: 1.0.0.1
P3: 645193c3
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 10.0.19041.2130
P6: b5ced1c6
P7: c0000005
P8: 00000000000a2337
P9: 
P10: 

And here is the system information

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
Installed on    ‎12/‎19/‎2020
OS build    19043.2364
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This isn't a whole lot of diagnostic information to go on.

I also searched the web and a lot of results say something about reinstalling DX11 or having cache data in the Microsoft Cloud or Windows hibernation issues or a filesystem corruption issue.

34 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

This isn't a whole lot of diagnostic information to go on.

I also searched the web and a lot of results say something about reinstalling DX11 or having cache data in the Microsoft Cloud or Windows hibernation issues or a filesystem corruption issue.

I didn't mention but I did check for system corruption, I ran both a System File Checker scan (came up clean) and a full DISM from an install image downloaded fresh from Microsoft. I also tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7, neither worked. I've  checked for updates and applied all available, though I have not upgraded to Windows 11 (which I plan to soon-ish, but am not quite ready with other IRL things demanding my attention)

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CoyrmGreybeard.1746 said:

I didn't mention but I did check for system corruption, I ran both a System File Checker scan (came up clean) and a full DISM from an install image downloaded fresh from Microsoft. I also tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 8 and 7, neither worked. I've  checked for updates and applied all available, though I have not upgraded to Windows 11 (which I plan to soon-ish, but am not quite ready with other IRL things demanding my attention)

Ok cool. I'm wondering if the Steam installation method instead of Gw2Setup-64.exe would have the same crash.

Uh, just noticing that your event info says Gw2Setup-64.tmp instead of .exe.  That doesn't seem right.

58 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

FYI: Windows 11 is not supported by Guild Wars 2/ArenaNet, so you might want to hold off if ever wanting to seek game tech support.

Windows 10/11 are nearly the same under the hood. I've never heard of anyone having issues getting support when running Windows 11. And plenty of players run Windows 11 who have been able to receive support.

Edited by Wonderra.3469
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1