disable stealth for first 10 seconds at the start of 2s and 3s - OR - limit stealth duration stack per class

On 5/16/2023 at 8:54 PM, Farseer.1349 said:

I said it in 2015. Nobody listened. All were saying it was fine. Nobody should be allowed to combine blink/invis/evade in such manner. Nobody would want to fight such monster.

And know what? What can you do with a party of 5 spectres? Nothing, you will not catch even one of them. Clown fiesta. I have to ask squad to come and hunt these... I will keep bad words, which are definitely bannable. But thief class is the only one which truely deserves such words. I don't believe any honest, fair person IN REAL LIFE will play something like THIS. It's like to be criminal in real life. Yes, to be a thief, a gangster.

Is this some kind of gansta simulator? Definitely,. should be fixed.

If we have gangsters in this game, there must be vigilants/judges. And there is one class to JUDGE the criminals. The one with shield icon. Thieves must be scared to even see guardian, as they used to before retal was removed. Without retal thief players mock all other players.

Not this man's dream of being a stalwart force of upstanding moral character (in game) being shattered by some random vandals since 2015 😭

I love it heeere, it was all worth it, I never thought I'd see someone argue thief should be nerfed due to its thematic implications.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

14 hours ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

any skill cast with damage on it (that can hit enemy player) should reveal on cast. reveal on hit is dumb, make it on cast & buff classes like thief accordingly.

Sure this is the fix you want?

I don't whiff in stealth anyway; a couple years ago people complained the aftercast for backstab into the ground so most thieves already adapted to this. Most stealth durations are so low we only get one shot at casting a stealth attack before reveal to begin with. 

You'll break leaping in smoke fields. bound, cluster bomb, vault and heartseeker all do damage but serve as stealth tools. Those also happen to be some of the main ways you can be hurt by thieves.

5 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Sure this is the fix you want?

I don't whiff in stealth anyway; a couple years ago people complained the aftercast for backstab into the ground so most thieves already adapted to this. Most stealth durations are so low we only get one shot at casting a stealth attack before reveal to begin with. 

You'll break leaping in smoke fields. bound, cluster bomb, vault and heartseeker all do damage but serve as stealth tools. Those also happen to be some of the main ways you can be hurt by thieves.

well aware it kills most of the stealth stacking in the game. this means long stealth is hard to achieve and stealth is something that can only be used for short periods of time, unless a cooldown like shadow refuge is used which would be one of the few ways to get long stealth.

making stealth less available is a good thing. reducing the time someone can hide in stealth is a good thing. making it reveal on cast also gets rid of all the stealth gank combos that give you no option to react because they come from stealth (no reaction kills are a quit moment for most players, and a sign of a bad game imo).

it's an excellent change and would improve the game a ton.

all skills with damage should reveal on cast.

Edited by Bunbury.8472

1 hour ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

well aware it kills most of the stealth stacking in the game. this means long stealth is hard to achieve and stealth is something that can only be used for short periods of time, unless a cooldown like shadow refuge is used which would be one of the few ways to get long stealth.

making stealth less available is a good thing. reducing the time someone can hide in stealth is a good thing. making it reveal on cast also gets rid of all the stealth gank combos that give you no option to react because they come from stealth (no reaction kills are a quit moment for most players, and a sign of a bad game imo).

it's an excellent change and would improve the game a ton.

all skills with damage should reveal on cast.

Oh, so it was on purpose.

I see. 

Hopefully the buffs to damage, evasion, traits, mitigation, and utility cooldowns needed for thief to function scale appropriately. I don't think you've fully considered all the damage and init changes that would need to be made to justify the thief you wish to fight, but I'm sure if we ever come to that bridge you will understand then. 

On 5/24/2023 at 9:54 AM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Oh, so it was on purpose.

I see. 

Hopefully the buffs to damage, evasion, traits, mitigation, and utility cooldowns needed for thief to function scale appropriately. I don't think you've fully considered all the damage and init changes that would need to be made to justify the thief you wish to fight, but I'm sure if we ever come to that bridge you will understand then. 

you mean like fighting any other class in the game that's not thief and can't hide in stealth?

yeah I think I'm ready for it. I think everyone is.

it's not like thief would need to buffed to better than the other classes, it just needs to be as good as rev, ranger or anything. unless of course you think thief has to be more powerful than all other classes for some reason... which considering thief only dies when it wants to right now, I can see how a thief player could have this belief.