Sylvari animations whilst riding a raptor not working. [Merged]

I noticed none of the animations whilst riding or idol are working for my sylvari whilst riding her raptor. She just...sits there awkwardly. It seems to be just the raptor, I haven't seen the issue on any of the other mounts (though I did notice an audio bug with the griffon), she's still feeding her skyscale fish! This also doesn't seem to be an issue with other races. I tested it on my asura and it didn't seem to be an issue.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just me?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

As the title says. My salads are looking a little stiff when they're mounted on a raptor these days. No animations play at all, including the idles and the jostling during movement regardless of the raptor skin used. It's just a statue still default rider pose but parts of armor will distort or move as if the animation is playing.

• Like 1

I just noticed this myself. Have tested it on two different raptors, multiple characters... no rider animations are playing whatsoever. When mounting, you pop up onto the saddle like you have an ejector seat; when riding, no animations play for tugging on the reins when slowing down etc. No idles, as you say.

How on earth did they break something that didn't need fixing or changing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Sylvari animations whilst riding a raptor not working. [Merged]

Also been having this for weeks! I've reported it but still nothing. This AND the new eye problem is too much, wish Anet would actually fix sylvari content for once. Especially bad since new players receive a raptor demo and this looks really bad for newbies 😞

Edited by Orinoma.8576
Forgot about new players receiving raptor demos, thought that's a good reason to prioritise a fix
  • Like 1

As everyone else is saying, it's universal across my sylvari characters. I've reported it a few times over the last few weeks and am shocked it's not been fixed yet. I'm glad to see it talked about and hope this thread will hopefully get this solved at last ;-;

• Like 1

The body is like I have been turned into a piece of sitting petrified wood but my face is going through the animations for the different actions that the raptor is going through. Squinting to see into the distance, smiling when scratching the neck of my raptor and the closed eyes followed by a one sided smile.  Also tested all the other mounts the raptor is the only one that the sylvari rider is having this problem with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UseTheWand.5910 said:

Can someone from anet at least acknowledge this issue so we know it's being looked into?  I think after a couple of weeks something should have been said by now.

This is my main frustration! That it's not been acknowledged at all. The fact that it's been an issue for weeks is worrying me that this will genuinely never be fixed...

I know we can't possibly know but I feel like if this is an issue that affected human characters, it'd be acknowledged faster.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

...Yeah with all due respect to the very busy devs, kinda think this should be a higher priority than it seems to be, given that it's been a month since they broke it, and while cosmetics aren't "game breaking", they are... money-making.

I recently bought a new raptor skin, before discovering this bug. First time I've taken the plunge and spent actual money on something so expensive yet frivolous in the game, and it's the skinny little lizard-looking raptor. My character looks ridiculous, perched like a statue on it. At the moment, I'm avoiding using it altogether.

All my active characters are Sylvari, and the raptor is my only current mount.

• Like 1