Speed hackers still exist in GW2 WvW?

I ran into a speed hacker today in GW2.  It's been quite some time since I saw something so blatant.  I wish I had started recording earlier as it was so obvious then.  It started with us basically downing him as he jumped into the water from the cliff on the red keep side of the bridge in EB.   He then nearly flew through the water in downstate.  You can see that he's putting  more and more space between us as I fly down to the water.  I literally jumped after him from the cliff as soon as he jumped down.  Later in the video you can see him teleporting around all the time during fights.  I can understand lag can do this kind of thing but that always looked differently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

LIterally see this every single day in wvw.  And, I do mean every single day.  People walking through walls, moving under the map to avoid attacks.  Teleporting to their spawn when downed, still with the sentry mark on them.  People moving faster than rollerbeetles.  Downed players, regardless of class, downstate teleporting 30 times to get away from being stomped.  Every day, all day.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I know at least 1 way to "speed hack" in gw2 with zero third party apps.   And it probably explains why anet once tried to add server side speed hacking detection before giving up after tons of false positive bans.

Also re: walking through walls: I once loaded into EBG, and for the next 3 hours, 2 walls were missing in a friendly tower, and I could walk through them at will.  Again no third party apps.

Due to trade offs anet made in their networked combat engine, I don't think it can be completely fixed without greatly impacting the smoothness of the client side animation/prediction systems.

But they probably could tone down it's affects or find and remove the most blatant abusers.

TLDR, we're stuck with it, but it probably could be made at least a little better.

6 hours ago, DivineDreaming.7206 said:

There is a bunch of broken stuff in wvw, you can get cc'd into walls and get stuck or get into walls before they render and stuff that's been in the game since 2012.

Yup I illusionary leaped at some enemy next to a wall and ported into the curtain part of the wall the other day.... few other times been knocked into walls. 10 years and that still happens. 😐

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1

You want someone banned from this game? Don't report them for botting. Anet couldn't care less about hackers and cheaters. The real strat for effective banning someone is you submit a ticket saying that the hacker misgendered you and is committing hate speech. We watched a guy get banned in real time for calling a female commander a hairy man in team chat. They made a report while I was sitting in channel and within a few minutes of the report being made the guy got banned.

Just have to play the right game when it comes to banning people XD

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 4

Didn't anet at one time do a mass showing of a individual that was found to be hacking and they took control of their account and recorded a video of defeating their character in divinities reach or something?🤔 If that dev got the axe maybe they should rehire them back to help decrease the hacking if that is true.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 12:39 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Yup I illusionary leaped at some enemy next to a wall and ported into the curtain part of the wall the other day.... few other times been knocked into walls. 10 years and that still happens. 😐

Oops! lol, I think I sword leaped on War and Willy'ed myself into the back wall of hills twice last week. Not a fan of the fight in that lord's room. 

25 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

Didn't anet at one time do a mass showing of a individual that was found to be hacking and they took control of their account and recorded a video of defeating their character in divinities reach or something?🤔 If that dev got the axe maybe they should rehire them back to help decrease the hacking if that is true.

They did and they were still posting for a while after the event. I think it was more of management changes after that. Legal can be twitchy because its legal you have to deal with.

56 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Oops! lol, I think I sword leaped on War and Willy'ed myself into the back wall of hills twice last week. Not a fan of the fight in that lord's room. 

Ugh it's a fun choke area to fight, but it's annoying on camera angles clipping through walls, or especially in the pit with the hanging banners that clip into your view.

• Confused 1

Just yesterday (NA) I encountered a Holosmith hacker. When he got low health, he started short haul teleporting away and he could also proc loads of "invulnerability" (not evade) when needed. If he got low health, he started teleporting away + invulnerable procs). So, they're using Holosmiths... that's prolly not a coincidence.

• Like 2

Last week I got jumped by someone while capping their spawn camp, respawned at the citadel waypoint, ran to NC to pull the invuln dolly tactic because the ne camp had just flipped and found the guy that killed me at his spawn camp running into NC from the top of the map. 
How the F!!! did he get to NC before me?

On 5/18/2023 at 2:50 AM, gitssac.7302 said:

You want someone banned from this game? Don't report them for botting. Anet couldn't care less about hackers and cheaters. The real strat for effective banning someone is you submit a ticket saying that the hacker misgendered you and is committing hate speech. We watched a guy get banned in real time for calling a female commander a hairy man in team chat. They made a report while I was sitting in channel and within a few minutes of the report being made the guy got banned.

AHAHAH yes this would work in the Bud Light era and ANET does love a good rainbow, must be raining gold for them.

• Confused 1

The other day I tried to use a ballista against enemies outside a downed wall. It would only target the downed wall. Judging by the ever dropping participation on my server, players jumping servers, guilds jumping servers, the new WvW is broken. I for one don't want to play this one sided mess any more.

On 5/18/2023 at 7:50 AM, gitssac.7302 said:

ROFL 

On 5/18/2023 at 1:50 AM, gitssac.7302 said:

Yea, these days Emotional Damage is more powerful than actual Physical Damage. 
Write 1 "bad word" and someone will surely get offended by it and get banned, but running cheats? Exploits? Win trading? Hah, who cares, atleast snowflake feelings got protected... 🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/20/2023 at 5:46 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

They did and they were still posting for a while after the event. I think it was more of management changes after that. Legal can be twitchy because its legal you have to deal with.

Anet banned players selling karma items back to vendors for gold when they didnt know they were exploiting

anet perma banned someone using 2 accounts/computers in wvw under the assumption of multiboxing, 2 years before multiboxing policies were put in place

anet has and will ban account based on false mass reports

when it comes to putting faith in game companies banning players correctly. putting that faith in anet is strongly misplaced  

Edited by blackgamma.1809
changed details about old exploit
  • Thanks 2