REVENANT

I am so tired of this revenant class, I'm ready to delete all my revs on all my accounts.

1. The power curve, it doesn't charge fast enough

2. There's a cool down on top of the power management.

3. you have nerfed it so bad no one plays it anymore.

I don't see any other classes have this configuration, Ele's can swith willy nillie, so can the others but the revenant is locked down by that crappy energy bar.

either get rid of it or put power management skills on the other profession its getting a bit tiresome.

Instead of nerfing everything just adjust the other classes, don't remove or add anything just adjust it because nerfing classes only get people mad.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

@levelmakerguru.7210 tho its not that true they indeed nerfed tha Builds but it still would be playable. Only very difference from now to then is simply Catalyst and scrapper dominates the Meta. A class that could be tanky while also dealing insane amount of AoE dmg. (Catalyst) And a Kit that is this broken that you could eziliy Play it on every classes e-spec without feeding. (Grenate Kit) But keep in mind they will also never realy Nerf Builds Like cata cause Players are Like "we must be broken cause we are hard to Play cause we have the Most buttons to Press" . This but also it is the fav class of cmc and this Person is now the class balance lead xd.

• Like 1

As a Rev main I almost entirely stopped to play Rev specs in PvP (outside bunker Herald, which yes, is not a thing!) since I really don't like how they are performing currently. But due PvP is dead I chose to embrace the darkness and returned to the worst spec in PvP: I'm not playing Firebrand. Why to chose the lesser evil when I can get the full one and have fun?

• Like 1

1. Make sure your switching legends

2. All elite specs have good energy management in their corresponding legend

3. Avoid certain skills that eat alot of energy like Jade winds on Shiro and Rite of the great dwarf. (aside from specific situations)

4. Charged Mists in the invocation trait line helps with energy management

If this doesn't help I don't know what to tell you

• Confused 1

@WhoWantsAHug.3186 of course i do but If you See right Catalyst is still broken. It still get Like 5 Builds in the Meta. Yes you could now say "but you know? Individualy Builds". My argument here is this class is that broken in Terms of self Defence and dmg that not even a Herald is able to plus it without get a Like 90% counter Play Like "Block - oneshot" or "evade - oneshot" or "blind - oneshot". Idk to me cata is every but balanced is Something else. 

And yes I say Catalyst and not ele itself please keep that in mind ^^

I think herald is dead in wvw (I played herald there for 2 years until recently, it feels useless and unsatisfying now) and outside of it it was only useful for bauble farm in verdant brink which got nerfed too.

But renegade is still decent and vindicator becomes meta in wvw (apparently as dps and heal variant which makes the class then as versatile as guard).

If you're not short on chars then don't delete it yet. Try wvw.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:31 AM, ArthurDent.9538 said:

The energy management system is a major appeal to a lot of people, a lot of energy costs are quite outrageous though.

The way I see it, rev resourcing is the opposite to thief where thief has resource based weapon cool downs, rev has resource based heal, utility and elite cooldowns but ANet actually learned that letting a class use skills back to back to back is broken. So they added some short cool downs which is good.
What they didn't do that they should have done is remove energy costs from weapon skills as these are largely cool down balanced now. This would probably fix a lot of the energy cost problems with rev while making it a lot easier to balance through cost as you're only balancing vs other slot skills and a more consistent expenditure.

1 hour ago, apharma.3741 said:

The way I see it, rev resourcing is the opposite to thief where thief has resource based weapon cool downs, rev has resource based heal, utility and elite cooldowns but ANet actually learned that letting a class use skills back to back to back is broken. So they added some short cool downs which is good.
What they didn't do that they should have done is remove energy costs from weapon skills as these are largely cool down balanced now. This would probably fix a lot of the energy cost problems with rev while making it a lot easier to balance through cost as you're only balancing vs other slot skills and a more consistent expenditure.

I very much doubt they actually had thought about Thief's Initiative, when designing Revenant's Energy. (At least to me) it is just a throwback to GW1's Energy mechanic, just like all Legends (except Kalla, who's the granddaughter of a GW1 character instead) are throwbacks to GW1.

haha energy system is literally the best thing that happens to rev so they can have low cooldown skills that can be casted in quick succession. yet not too reliable on energy either like thief, because there's still a minimum cooldown.

also allows rev to have some over the top skills, which would never be allowed on rev without shared energy system, by sacrificing the ability to use other skills through over-consuming energy.

and i never worry about energy if i play the class properly, unless i try to spam key skills, which is not intended, ever, but still made available thanks to energy system

Edited by felix.2386

16 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I very much doubt they actually had thought about Thief's Initiative, when designing Revenant's Energy. (At least to me) it is just a throwback to GW1's Energy mechanic, just like all Legends (except Kalla, who's the granddaughter of a GW1 character instead) are throwbacks to GW1.

Honestly, yeah, I might be giving them too much credit and it really is far too similar to GW1. Does it hurt me to be optimistic?

23 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

Honestly, yeah, I might be giving them too much credit and it really is far too similar to GW1. Does it hurt me to be optimistic?

Depending on how you ask, comparing it more to Thief's Initiative than to GW1's Energy might actually be more of a negative sentiment than being optimistic.

After all, not everyone thinks of it as a positive mechanic.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

haha energy system is literally the best thing that happens to rev so they can have low cooldown skills that can be casted in quick succession. yet not too reliable on energy either like thief, because there's still a minimum cooldown.

also allows rev to have some over the top skills, which would never be allowed on rev without shared energy system, by sacrificing the ability to use other skills through over-consuming energy.

and i never worry about energy if i play the class properly, unless i try to spam key skills, which is not intended, ever, but still made available thanks to energy system

Tbh, Revenant cooldowns are not that low anymore, haven't been in a long time now.
Most weapons have 12s to 20s cds, which is actually very similar to Guardian and Warrior weapons (I only looked at GS and sword kills). But with energy costs on top of them.

However, some utilities do still have some very low cds (not Glint after many nerfs), except for the heals which are all 30s and heal from 3k to 5k while other classes have 6k+ heals with 16s - 25s cds and with stronger effects.
So it's no that simple when comparing Revenant skills to other classes. They are not simply better.

Either way, I don't have a lot of problems with the energy system. I actually wished we had more energy based traits, Devastation traitline for instance is very boring  = Damage, damage and more damage when people are already half dead. They should reintroduce Equilibrium if they ever rework Devastation.
And even then, it's the only good traitline after Invocation.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109

On 5/17/2023 at 8:19 AM, Infinity.2876 said:

1. Make sure your switching legends

2. All elite specs have good energy management in their corresponding legend

3. Avoid certain skills that eat alot of energy like Jade winds on Shiro and Rite of the great dwarf. (aside from specific situations)

4. Charged Mists in the invocation trait line helps with energy management

If this doesn't help I don't know what to tell you

"avoid your elite"

*sadface*....oh..okay ..