HAMMER NEEDS following number adjustments for pvp/pve

arazoth.7290

° hammer skill 1 auto attack:                   1 sec cast => 0,75 sec cast

33% faster projectile traveling speed.

° hammer skill 2 coalescence of ruin:     0,75 sec cast => 0,5 sec cast

10 sec cd => 6 sec cd

Hit range starts at the player, not from further away like now.

hammer skill 2 could add enemies who get hit deal 20% reduced physical/condi damage to your allies. Allies who get hit by it receive 20% less condi/physical damage. This effect doesn't stack obv. (They could add this if it would still feel underpowered)

° Hammer skill 3 phase smash:                 for pvp/WvW damage looks fine. Maybe for pve some more damage increase?

° Hammer skill 4  field of the mists:        1 of the more unique skills and shouldn't be changed.

° Hammer skill 5 drop of the hammer:  

hammer 5 skill when casting taunts/pulls enemies inwards (like the dwarf chains). When the cast is complete the stun hits in 240 radius.

Because of this, it hits more often and the 240 radius doesn't needs to be made larger.

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 5/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

Specifically for competitive mode: 

Can we have some damage back on Drop The Hammer? There's no reason why a 15s cooldown skill which has a 1.75 cast time can't do some damage. 

Looong telegraphed charge up. 

**Deals less dmg than one autoattack**

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Lunar.9652 said:

I'd rather have hammer reworked into a melee weapon. It feels so good bonking monsters with untamed and warrior hammers.

Sure, I know it already feels like revenant is an exclusively melee profession unless you're playing renegade, but let's not make that official...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ I think that the next expansion will open the spec weapons to all specs (including core), and once it happens no one will use Rev hammer again outside WvW zergs (and I'm not confident about Anet support for WvW) because short bow is light yesars away in performance at PvE.. Sooo...   I won't support the current status of hammer; any change (including deleting it from the game) would be a win (just ANet please inform us in advance, since this year I'll craft a legendary hammer and could be a waste instead of making some more useful fike the trident & spear). 

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 6:21 AM, Buran.3796 said:

^ I think that the next expansion will open the spec weapons to all specs (including core), and once it happens no one will use Rev hammer again outside WvW zergs (and I'm not confident about Anet support for WvW) because short bow is light yesars away in performance at PvE.. Sooo...   I won't support the current status of hammer; any change (including deleting it from the game) would be a win (just ANet please inform us in advance, since this year I'll craft a legendary hammer and could be a waste instead of making some more useful fike the trident & spear). 

Funny you mention Trident because Revenant Trident would unironically be good as a ranged weapon on land. 

Yea you know what, I would really love something similar to Trident for Revenant's land ranged option. If we discount the Legend-based additional effects:

- Good responsive auto 

- 1 single Strong CC 

- 1 Strong burst skill 

- 1 Soft CC/Defensive skill 

- 1 low/mid cooldown offensive option besides auto 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 4:22 PM, Lunar.9652 said:

I'd rather have hammer reworked into a melee weapon. It feels so good bonking monsters with untamed and warrior hammers.

i would agree. i don't think they can save the ranged rev hammer at this point. and it does seem like they want to pigeonhole rev into most melee style, which is fine, but in that case hammer needs to be completely reworked, maybe something similar to warrior hammer 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 1:35 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

° hammer skill 1 auto attack:                   1 sec cast => 0,75 sec cast

33% faster projectile traveling speed.

° hammer skill 2 coalescence of ruin:     0,75 sec cast => 0,5 sec cast

10 sec cd => 6 sec cd

Hit range starts at the player, not from further away like now.

° Hammer skill 3 phase smash:                 for pvp/WvW damage looks fine. Maybe for pve some more damage increase?

° Hammer skill 4  field of the mists:        1 of the more unique skills and shouldn't be changed.

° Hammer skill 5 drop of the hammer:   240 hit radius => 360 hit radius. cast time shouldn't be changed then.

They could also add ontop of this hammer 5 skill a pull during cast time and in the end the knockdown. 360 radius might be then too much what I proposed, so that back to 240.

hammer skill 2 could add enemies who get hit deal 20% reduced physical/condi damage to your allies. Allies who get hit by it receive 20% less condi/physical damage. This effect doesn't stack obv.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, George Steel.1804 said:

i would agree. i don't think they can save the ranged rev hammer at this point. and it does seem like they want to pigeonhole rev into most melee style, which is fine, but in that case hammer needs to be completely reworked, maybe something similar to warrior hammer 

As commented above, it's bad enough that core rev and most elite specs only have one ranged weapon, that should not be reduced to zero.

8 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

As commented above, it's bad enough that core rev and most elite specs only have one ranged weapon, that should not be reduced to zero.

if hammer stays ranged i'm all for it - it's a unique concept that i think could be cool. ideally i'd like to see the current auto at range but the hammer changes to melee 3 hit combo when smacking someone up close. 

realistically rev(core) doesn't have a ranged option. no one is using hammer in solo play raids etc, the only exception is blob zerg wvw. so i don't think moving it to all melee would really be a detriment either. 

I really don't get why Anet chose specifically hammer to be revenant's ranged weapon. I mean... it's a hammer! We have staff and we surely don't use it like daredevils do. At least Anet could do something about those absurdly long casting times, or just pump up the dps by decent amount

2 hours ago, Tekey.5084 said:

I really don't get why Anet chose specifically hammer to be revenant's ranged weapon. I mean... it's a hammer! We have staff and we surely don't use it like daredevils do. At least Anet could do something about those absurdly long casting times, or just pump up the dps by decent amount

cast time mostly as first target, I really don't want to take away core rev their only ranged weapon. It would take more to make it work as melee, then some small changes to ranged. They already have theme around dwarf and they could do so many nice things for it to hammer.

34 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

They already have theme around dwarf and they could do so many nice things for it to hammer.

Dwarf's "theme" is about .. engaging... in melee. Like the ability name "Forced Engagement" and the fact that hammers have a small range. 

They could easily transition hammer to a melee weapon without breaking the thematic. 

Edited by George Steel.1804
  • Confused 1

It revenant only core ranged weapo', comparing to other classas having more variety and then trying to take 1 ranged weapon away us a big NO.

Most dwarf abilties are ranged, 3 out of the 5 dwarf abilties are all ranged. Forced engagement will be 900 range even soon.

Rework wise it is lot easier to fix hammer with already a clear base for ranged, then inventing something totally new for melee. The chance is bigger they even screw it up as melee, because the best melee weapon will be used for pve/pvp anyways. If you add a viable option for ranged, it doesn't directly compete with the other melee weapons since ranged has other advantages. Think about such stuff 5 steps ahead how it would function and compete. It is perfectly possible to make it work as melee but they have to think about so many factors that it of useage and doesn't becomes useless or the best melee weapon to go with, but another option. That's why it is easier to keep it for ranged.

Also force engagement, forcing the enemy to come to you, since when is attacking with ranged weapons not engaging?

11 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Most dwarf abilties are ranged, 3 out of the 5 dwarf abilties are all ranged. Forced engagement will be 900 range even soon.

Jalis abilities are literally meant to get up and personal. Road thematically is for running into and over enemies. Forced engagement is getting a range buff sure, but that's for balance. It literally taunts enemies into you. If you think the thematic of Jalis is ranged, you're more clueless than I originally thought. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, George Steel.1804 said:

Jalis abilities are literally meant to get up and personal. Road thematically is for running into and over enemies. Forced engagement is getting a range buff sure, but that's for balance. It literally taunts enemies into you. If you think the thematic of Jalis is ranged, you're more clueless than I originally thought. 

It helps keeping enemies in range and paves a way while going or following your enemy, but it is of the worst to keep enemies close to you for melee. It has no sticking power, for that is shiro. Most of the times enemies don't stay with you on stability road, they move away from it so they you to follow. Yes you can follow, but then the effect is gone. forced engagement can be used to hold them temporarly closer in it for your advantage. I also don't see the enemy keep on walking together hand in hand with you on stability path. Now if you had a hammer, you can take optimal use out of it because if they kite you out of it np, they try to los you while ranged np => forced engagement.

Dwarf helps team and you but it has noting like sticking power and same time holding the benefits of if enemy kites you. With shiro it is clearly obvious that you can stick on your target with the right weapons also. The legend shiro has no disadvantage following the target bc every ability is made for chasing and holding enemy engaged

The way you described road it should be doing a knockdown with pulsing cripple. That would be one of the only few ways making it work for melee hammer. A rip of cc hammer warrior, because hammer would still have a cc. This really wouldn't feel unique and then I can go rather play warrior for such style.

In short dwarf doesn't provides much to hold benefits of abilities while they try to kite you out of it as  melee. Hammer will holds enemy engaged bc ranged and easier to hold them on you with forced engagement if they try to kite ranged

On 6/23/2023 at 3:43 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

cast time mostly as first target, I really don't want to take away core rev their only ranged weapon. It would take more to make it work as melee, then some small changes to ranged. They already have theme around dwarf and they could do so many nice things for it to hammer.

Staff is a core weapon for revenants, and as I mentioned before, it surely isn't used like daredevil's staff is, yet we use it like a melee weapon and there's not even a skin relating it to the role it has been playing for years for revenant (don't know about you guys, but I've been using a scythe skin for years, and it still feels weird) . I should say as well that, obviously, we don't use it as mage classes do. I fail to find a reason to give staff a role that could be fulfilled by hammer and vice-versa. Anyway, developers making choices that barely concern us (yeah, it doesn't, it's their product and they deal with it as they want) and people enjoying whatever it is people do, just usual stuff. We might not agree about any stuff and that barely matters for anyone

Edited by Tekey.5084

On 6/1/2023 at 4:22 PM, Lunar.9652 said:

We already have a boat load of melee weapons. Also, all core classes need to have at least 1 ranged weapon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2023 at 1:33 AM, George Steel.1804 said:

I rather Rev Hammer be closer to Scrapper. 

Good Auto, great gapclose, a defensive cooldown built in and a hard CC. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1