DX 11 PROBLEM

Ever since Arena Net merged DirectX 11 into the game, it made my gameplay HORRIBLE. Its actually lagged to kitten! I had this problem when it was beta and i had to uncheck the box so

it relieved the lag and i was at recommended settings. Even at full settings i was pretty decent. But when i had DX11 beta check marked, it was garbage.

Now that Arena Net made it as a default, the game is ruined for me. I dont have $2000 to buy a 4090! My machine is kitten fast too!

I have a RTX 3060, i7 11700K, 64Gigs of DDR4 RAM, and fiber optic 1Gig internet on a hard wire. There is NO REASON for me to lag, and now you guys ruined the game

for me. I cant even move around properly! Everything moves at 4 FPS!! the Ping is 300! I NEVER HAD THAT TILL THE UPDATE.

YOU GUYS SHOULD MAKE IT AS OPTIONAL FOR MEMBERS. NOT ALL OF US CAN RUN AT DX 11!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rubberkitten.3751 said:

I have a RTX 3060, i7 11700K, 64Gigs of DDR4 RAM, and fiber optic 1Gig internet on a hard wire. There is NO REASON for me to lag

With that hardware, you should be able to run the game smoothly under DX11. There must be another local issue with your PC or settings that is causing you to lag, but it definitely isn't the game's DX11 implementation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, Rubberkitten.3751 said:

Ever since Arena Net merged DirectX 11 into the game, it made my gameplay HORRIBLE. Its actually lagged to kitten! I had this problem when it was beta and i had to uncheck the box so

it relieved the lag and i was at recommended settings. Even at full settings i was pretty decent. But when i had DX11 beta check marked, it was garbage.

Now that Arena Net made it as a default, the game is ruined for me. I dont have $2000 to buy a 4090! My machine is kitten fast too!

I have a RTX 3060, i7 11700K, 64Gigs of DDR4 RAM, and fiber optic 1Gig internet on a hard wire. There is NO REASON for me to lag, and now you guys ruined the game

for me. I cant even move around properly! Everything moves at 4 FPS!! the Ping is 300! I NEVER HAD THAT TILL THE UPDATE.

YOU GUYS SHOULD MAKE IT AS OPTIONAL FOR MEMBERS. NOT ALL OF US CAN RUN AT DX 11!

If you use nvidia gforce experience update driver, and try clearing shader cache, that works for me when my game starts laging. Good luck

Edited by walkery.5012

• 7 months later...

One thing making it hard to return to GW2 is something has changed with the graphics settings and I can't seem to get the brightness/gama balance right. It looks terrible.  I'm using the same exact machine from 8 years ago AND my newer computer from 3 years ago, and I can't ever make it look like the game I fell in love with. The colors and contrast are all wrong. Not to mention the rendering is very splotchy is the best word. I keep hoping it will magically get better when I finally get a new computer. Now I am starting to piece together that it might have something to do with Dx11. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dax.4012 said:

One thing making it hard to return to GW2 is something has changed with the graphics settings and I can't seem to get the brightness/gama balance right. It looks terrible.  I'm using the same exact machine from 8 years ago AND my newer computer from 3 years ago, and I can't ever make it look like the game I fell in love with. The colors and contrast are all wrong. Not to mention the rendering is very splotchy is the best word. I keep hoping it will magically get better when I finally get a new computer. Now I am starting to piece together that it might have something to do with Dx11. 

The only solution is to deactivate Post-Processing Effects in the game's settings. Then use ReShade to adjust everything to your liking.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2