FB - Condi build question

Mladen.6425

Heya guys 🙂
So, just few days ago i  had an idea to switch from herald fo FB and i liked it, but i have few questions...
This is all about open world, fractals and potentially raids. So, Pve related...

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Quickness_Support_Condi_DPS
I saw this build and wanted to follow it. Have condi dmg which i like and it is also quickness  provider...
One thing i noticed (compared to herald) is that i have really low amount of HP.
One thing that i wanted to do is to switch few viper armor parts with ritualist stats. That way i would gain some HP.
My question would be wouldn't it be better if i go full ritualist?
I would have a lot more HP, same amount of condition dmg, i would lose power dmg (which i dont know why is important here), and i would lose some precision which is i guess matters. 
I also get concentration with ritualist, which also maters, i guess...
Can anyone give me better explanation on all of this? It would be  helpful for me 🙂

Numbers-wise, you are probably losing about 10-15% damage for a much comfier quickness uptime and health pool. With the free crit chance you get from burning foes, you might be tempted to go full ritualist, but do know that you need at least some crit chance for your zealots.

Well, then maybe having 2 or 3 ritualist parts is good way to go...

Maybe it is just me, i am used to having at least 17k - 18k+ on all of my chars, so this was really low for me... 

Herald has really nice HP plus i played it celestial... i guess on herald with vipers i would have REALLY nice dmg, while still having nice HP...
Trying to decide between these two, and nothing is helping me, lol 😄

is this viable build? Never seen anything similar, but i like it 🙂
Can You make smth similar for Herald? Or it is different with herald, and can go pure viper ?
Maybe this is wrong thread for it, but who know who can find it useful 🙂

4 minutes ago, Mladen.6425 said:

is this viable build?

Viable? Eh, it won't be topping any charts, but it's enough to bring into instanced PvE without fear of bringing shame to famiryu.

Something like this for Herald? Like condi quickness Herald? Probably; Herald gets a ton of free crit chance from getting fury. I do think the base cqH already uses several Ritualist pieces...

The basic rule for qFB is to only use as many Ritualist pieces as needed to stay alive and keep up quickness. For ultimate optimization, that ratio may change depending on the specific encounter. It takes some practice to find out the right ratio for you, but the build linked by @The Boz.2038 looks like a good starting point. There are a few ways qFB can switch things up to provide quickness, supplemental DPS, and even some good support in different ways. For OW, casual pugs, and matched good groups, a mostly Ritualist setup is a good build. Then start switching out pieces for more Viper's as you get more familiar with the build or a particular group. Especially in OW if you run Litany of Wrath while solo.

2 things to note:

1. That link does not include food which is easiest to switch up on the fly.
  2. Even with equal health, a Ritualist build is generally still squishier than a Celestial build due to lower toughness. FB and guardian have a ton of active defenses to compensate, but most come with some tradeoff to DPS.