Jump to content
  • Sign Up

unreal Engine 5 mmos hard times for gw2


Recommended Posts

unreal Engine 5 is a game changer.

combined with Ai the mmo dreams of constant content flow can become reality.

ai npcs ai content creations

For the first time I feel this game shows his age.

are the devs planning on anything to keep up?

throne and liberty another ncsof game coming out and a big one which im not will name but oh boy it looked like an mmo dream come true.

this games slow development and bad coding. game still fun but so many lost opportunities sometimes i feel this game was just a test field for other projects.

 

look at all the downvotes i got. go play the new patch and come tell me Anet has no problems to deliver content and don't need find a better way to survive this game. 

 

 

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 47
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I feel is that, ArenaNet as a company, is focusing its revenue from GW2 through a small circle / niche community and withdrawing itself from major competition in MMO market. No matter what big MMO out there that releasing big content, or Publisher / Devs releasing new MMO, there will be almost no motivation for ANET to bring GW2 to the competition. As a product that being sold to consumers, just look at the recent WoW expansion and new big patch and compare it what ANET did to GW2, almost nothing being done to GW2 to at least have itself present a sense of competing in MMO market. There have to be strong enough internal drive force from the company, either the upper echelon of ANET or NCSOFT, to make a substantial change in GW2, for the better or worse. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

unreal Engine 5 is a game changer.

combined with Ai the mmo dreams of constant content flow can become reality.

ai npcs ai content creations

For the first time I feel this game shows his age.

are the devs planning on anything to keep up?

throne and liberty another ncsof game coming out and a big one which im not will name but oh boy it looked like an mmo dream come true.

this games slow development and bad coding. game still fun but so many lost opportunities sometimes i feel this game was just a test field for other projects.

 

 

 

 

A lot of MMOs look like a dream come true until they launch.

  • Like 36
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Indeed. Newest job opening (2 days ago) is for an AI Engineer.  🤷‍♂️

Omg i really hope that this is true and that they do it right. AI npc interactions is the next step forward to new gen mmo's, where experiences can be unique for each player in an ever changing, dynamic, world.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Balsa.3951 said:

throne and liberty another ncsof game coming out and a big one which im not will name but oh boy it looked like an mmo dream come true.

I disagree. I never trust a beautiful-looking Korean game until its out and we know all its dirty monetization secrets.

The presence of autoplay in TL is not a promising sign.

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2023 at 12:25 AM, Saiyan.1704 said:

Omg i really hope that this is true and that they do it right. AI npc interactions is the next step forward to new gen mmo's, where experiences can be unique for each player in an ever changing, dynamic, world.

It certainly isn't what you are thinking. Npc already use ai scripting. It's more likely related to that. Games have already had ai, it just depends on how advanced and to what extent it is able to interact.

Edited by Serephen.3420
Silly typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Serephen.3420 said:

It certainly isn't what you are thinking. Npcw already use ai scripting. It's more likely related to that. Games have already had ai, it just depends on how advanced and to what extent it is able to interact.

Ah, i was speaking of something like ChatGPT. There was a modder that incorporated it in Skyrim NPC's and it's insane. If Anet doesn't future proof their next game, it's going to turn out just like GW2... initially decent but immediately outdated within 3 years.

  • Confused 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

UE5 seems nice although seem many people seem to be using it to make the same looking game which is a huge negative. AI is a useful tool and anyone making anything should use of tools. It is one of the things that distinguish us from most other animals after all. However neither are magical things. It takes more than something nice to look at to be be a good game.

As for Throne and Liberty, just took a look at some footage. 1) anyone looking forward to the upcoming option for hiding ally effects should be horrified 2) it looks nice but I see no reason to be particularly impressed. I saw similar things back when I was playing Vindictus. Vindictus released 2 years before GW2.

24 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Ah, i was speaking of something like ChatGPT. There was a modder that incorporated it in Skyrim NPC's and it's insane. If Anet doesn't future proof their next game, it's going to turn out just like GW2... initially decent but immediately outdated within 3 years.

Insane in what sense? Did the NPC take into account the history of Nirn, of their specific location, NPC's race, occupation, etc. Did it figure out the subjective truth that would be known to the NPC and give you responses based on those contextual inputs?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, voltaicbore.8012 said:

I disagree. I never trust a beautiful-looking Korean game until its out and we know all its dirty monetization secrets.

The presence of autoplay in TL is not a promising sign.

the dream come true game starts with an C 

  • Confused 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Oh right forgot something important for Throne and Liberty. It has built in AFK farming 🤡

 

ehmmm gw2 as well. we need be honest here . but yea not good. 

ombs giving the confused face u may wanna open the game and look for afk farmer i heard there are a few in there.

Edited by Balsa.3951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I get the notion that people giving me confused faces are actually confused about what I said, and not using it as a psuedo-downvote.  To explain, I'm going to link to two videos on the matter:

The short version is that we're going to head into a point where we as players are never going to be sure of anything.  We won't know if our online friends are real or not, if we're forming real connections or not, if we're legitimately winning or if the game is rigged in our favor, and so on.  The immersive NPCs are a double-edged sword, bringing with them undetectable bots.  The new-age MMO might very well be the death of the MMO, since AI is going to make that player model obsolete.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

if we're legitimately winning or if the game is rigged in our favor, and so on.

We don't need AI for that.

1 minute ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The immersive NPCs are a double-edged sword, bringing with them undetectable bots.

Don't need AI for that either. Most botters are just too lazy and sometimes seemingly too dumb.

2 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The new-age MMO might very well be the death of the MMO, since AI is going to make that player model obsolete.  

On the one hand it will make shovelware MMOs even easier so you'll have to be wading through a bigger pile of ... to find the gem.

On the other hand it would also enable smaller teams to accomplish more things. An indie MMO might actually be a possibility at some point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

We don't need AI for that.

Don't need AI for that either. Most botters are just too lazy and sometimes seemingly too dumb.

On the one hand it will make shovelware MMOs even easier so you'll have to be wading through a bigger pile of ... to find the gem.

On the other hand it would also enable smaller teams to accomplish more things. An indie MMO might actually be a possibility at some point.

I can tell that you didn't watch the videos.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I can tell that you didn't watch the videos.  

You are correct. Nearly every video anyone has ever posted in this sort of context is just crap. Half the time it is just someone trying to promote their own videos.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

I get the notion that people giving me confused faces are actually confused about what I said, and not using it as a psuedo-downvote.  To explain, I'm going to link to two videos on the matter:

The short version is that we're going to head into a point where we as players are never going to be sure of anything.  We won't know if our online friends are real or not, if we're forming real connections or not, if we're legitimately winning or if the game is rigged in our favor, and so on.  The immersive NPCs are a double-edged sword, bringing with them undetectable bots.  The new-age MMO might very well be the death of the MMO, since AI is going to make that player model obsolete.  

Advanced, toxic, 3rd party bots are going to be an issue whether the game has AI npc's or not.

First it was dual boxing. That is when a single player logs into multiple accounts on a virtual server and each character on those accounts mimic'd the actions of the main account the player was on (was more popular on WoW). Now it's literally a program following scripts, reading on-screen information.

As for everything else you're concerned about, that's a non issue. Either you want to talk to the NPC about a particular quest or story line, or you don't. It isn't going to ask about your mother and kids lol. It's meant to make text/audio more unique and interesting.

Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

You are correct. Nearly every video anyone has ever posted in this sort of context is just crap. Half the time it is just someone trying to promote their own videos.

Yeah everyone of those videos has the wrong opinion, but yours is the correct one!

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

if we're forming real connections or not, if we're legitimately winning or if the game is rigged in our favor

I can already answer that for you. It's both. If you win, you did it legitimately (barring some edge cases of bugs and exploits, of course), but you are doing it in a challenge that has, indeed, been rigged from the start in your favour. It's called an illusion of difficulty, and has been used in games for years, even before the idea of MMORPGs has been conceived. If you think it has ever been different, you are naive - outside PvP, a "real", non-rigged difficulty just does not exist.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...