Legendary Trinket: Vision. tips?

Hello all!

First, is this "easier" than the other 2?

I am looking to start the Vision legendary. While I looked on wiki on what the ingredients might be (I'll be honest, when I saw them, I was just like. Hell naw.), I am looking for a guide that can tell me how to efficiently craft it.

I mean, something in the lines of:

What do I need to do on a daily basis? What is the time-gated stuff I need to work with?

What meta-events do I need to prioritize?

What story/ies do I need to complete first?

and so on.

If anyone has created a guide, that would be awesome. If one wants to respond here with a few starter tips, that would be awesome as well. 🙂

I already have Skyscale and its masteries, I read that is needed so we're good there.

I think have not started LW S3. I think. I have to check all my toons 😐 

I play mostly PVE. I jump to WvW for Gift of Battle.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Regarding the "easy" thing: I do not farm a lot of money so I can only talk about the money aspect mainly: I did find the backpack from PvP cheapest. And not too hard (since even winning is possible when are not good at PvP - just losing and getting to lower skill tier then you can get wins).

For the trinkets I think ... the amulet is basically free - only the achievements from the return to. A bit time-consuming though.
Aurora vs visions ... I do not know. I think the prices are similar - for the resources you need to additionally buy.

Achievements also about the same I guess. But the Visons one needs work to be done before you really can start it: You need to get the Skyscale which is a bit of it's own work.

Try the guides Ashantara linked. But I'd also recommend just the wiki - the main page of the item:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vision

There you can easily check what is farmable (you might know some of the required items already) and what needs to be gotten by other means. Mainly the 2 collection/achievement steps can be more work I think. They have their own wiki pages. Second is not really a big deal. The first visions achievement (linked by Ashantara) is the one where most work is needed.

Since you have the skyscale already I'd recommend checking the sub-achievements for Vision I (one for each season 4 map I think) ... should give you an example of what is needed. I think they are mostly similar. Just on the other maps ... other stuff that is similar though.

• Like 1

First, my favorite guides:

https://mukluklabs.com/gw2-legendary-crafting

Second, I do not remember Vision being much different from Aurora in terms of how egregious it was to get it.

The Gift of Energy is very dust intensive. The 250 Mystic Coins are also quite a pile to acquire if you farm everything yourself.

For the rest, by far the longest grinds were the Astral Weapons achievement and the Funerary Incense. The first one will disgust you from the game if you try to sprint through it. Either buy the bulk of the materials on the tp, or pace yourself. I bought a Brandstone for my home instance and farm it daily. It paid itself within a year. It still brings me ~12-15s daily. For the FI, I parked an alt in Vehtendi Academy and threw gunk daily at Awakened; a bit of comic relief from the grind, if you will.

Good luck and, mostly, patience!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harfang.1507 said:

For the FI, I parked an alt in Vehtendi Academy and threw gunk daily at Awakened; a bit of comic relief from the grind, if you will.

Ah yes, I remember that; it was also my go to heart. At the weekend I'd also do a full circuit of the Vabbi hearts just to up the pace a little. None of them are particularly tedious. You can co-incide the Foundry wuth killing the doggies for the hero's choice chest and a chance at the music box.

11 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

For the rest, by far the longest grinds were the Astral Weapons achievement and the Funerary Incense

Accurate.

For Funerary Incense:

Note that there is a time-gated exchange of Crystalline Ingots for Funerary Incense so you can comparatively lower your active time investment by completing Dragon's Stand, crafting Crystalline Ingots and exchanging 5 every day. Personally I found that a lot less commitment than doing hearts every day as you can easily gather ~40-50 crystalline ore in a single DS meta event if you're equipped with sufficient machetes (which are free if you pick one daily in your Ley-Energy Matter Converter).

Another way to speed them up are PoF metas. Most noticably the Piñata in Amnoon and Forged with Fire in Vabbi are popular and easy and award you with Elegy mosaics which can be exchanged for Funerary Incense and a pick between Trade contracts and Amalgamated Gemstones, both usable for exchanging Funerary Incense with the Primeval Steward at the Tomb of Primeval Kings in Desert Highlands without a time gate. Forged with Fire also contributes to a heart in Vabbi itself, making it doubly good to farm daily.

For the amalgamated gemstones, it is worthwhile to park a character at the matriarch spawn in verdant brink (every 2h at xx:09, even hours if you're in CEST). Note that you still get a Hero's Choice chest from the first grand chest in Tarir even if you did not participate in the meta, so you can usually just hop onto the map between xx:10-xx:15 (odd hours in CEST) and look for a cleared map in LFG and just loot the grand chest(s) for an extra amalgamated gemstone.

Although not that typical, obsidian shards can become a hard gate for some people as they are hard to farm if you're not swimming in karma, even if you don't need many of them. The above mentioned Ley-Energy Matter Converter offers daily exchange per HoT map currency for random items which can include bags of obsidian shards of varying quantities (3, 5, 10) besides the also useful T3-T6 material bags. I always pick up the 10 one if it's there, the alternative is purchasing shards for karma at this NPC but it can drain your karma quite a lot. PoF/EoD guild hall ore nodes may also award extra shards when mining.

/edit: I might remember Funerary Incense worse than it actually was because I was gated by them for Vision and Coalescence at the same time so I needed 350 instead of just 100 and couldn't spend all of my Elegy Mosaics on Incense as I needed them for Gifts. Looking at all my tips, this might actually be nowhere near as painful as astral weapons provided you already have some elegy mosaics and crystalline ore simply from playing the game as they're basically only used for legendary gear and fashion wars.

For Astral weapons:

Farming Eternal Ice Shards in Bjora Marches and exchanging them for Kralkatite Ore at various NPCs in S5 can easily prove to be faster than trying to farm Kralkatite Ore as it can prove difficult to find groups for meteor farm which is the most efficient method for farming directly I'm aware of.

Make sure to make use of buying the daily 5 Kralkatite Ore in Dragonfall - and other currencies you might be missing. You need to perform crafts with both Inscribed Shards and Branded Masses so picking these up will be worthwhile. You can always consume LS4 currencies for volatile magic later again without running a loss so I would recommend to just buy all of these as long as you have volatile magic available!
Mistborn Motes can also be purchased for karma at the western quartermaster once you did a corresponding achievement (that you need anyway for vision). Alternatively, you can complete the Return To achievements for LS4 if you haven't done so already.

In general from my personal experience:

The most annoying event to tag was probably
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/War_Eternal_(achievements)#My_Beautiful_Infrastructure
simply because you need to run multiple cycles of the meta to complete it. The usual idea is to complete the meta and then when the map resets, quickly do a roundtrip to each bridge where you only contribute one item to make sure you tagged each event and then do a second roundtrip to complete them. That way you can get 4(?) bridges per meta without using too much time.
Make sure you decide on one weight to choose from these chests in advance so you don't have to spend extra to fulfill the requirement for the Dragonfall collection of completing one armor set.

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

My biggest advice is don't bother until you've run Drakkar and Storms daily for enough Eternal Ice to convert to the thousands of Kralkatite Ore that you need for the Astral Weapons.

Agree, getting  3k Kralkatite Ore is quite an amount. I would add IBS strikes as good source of Eternal Ice.

And yeah the bridge repair on dragon fall was annoying as well.

Edited by Dayra.7405

For the Funerary Incense I did it slowly (since I never really like to farm a lot). Playing the map every now and then. Using the "expensive" option when trade contracts are ready. But most interesting seemed the elegy mosaics. Someone gave advice regarding this above - advicing to to the meta. I always liked to try to look for a legendary bounty (sometimes you can get lucky most of the time not many mosaics though) when a map had the daily bounty hunter. At least for the trinket it is less work than for the weapons. (I think the trinket needs 100 and the weapons 250 or so.)

The wiki also specifically mentions joining a legendary bounty train. (Don't know how often those are happening though. I think it is mainly people trying to complete their achievements for the champ kills when the maps are on daily.)

Obsidian shards ... I remember (when going to farm shovels for my solo guild - which I did not want to buy from other players): There sometimes is a chance for then to drop in silverwaste chests. (And don't worry. Usually enough other players digging them up. No need for a lot of own shovels.) Ther eare a lot of options: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard

Personally I found Aurora to be decently straight forward. Draconic Mons was annoying, but it's just a basic time sink. I'm really stalling on Vision because of the "A Star to Guide Us" list of achievements. I've done just about all the rest of the first set, but that list is....it just seems like a lot to get done. I did WvW tracks for all the other zones and that helped a lot.
As stated, the Kralkatite ore is easy enough by trading in eternal ice shards.

• Confused 1

Thank you everyone for the tips.

Another one for me: If I start working on Prismatic Champion's Regalia, would the rewards there bring me closer to Vision?

I have used the 250 materials for Skyscale, but other than that, I never really looked into "Return to <map>" things.

8 hours ago, knives.6345 said:

Thank you everyone for the tips.

Another one for me: If I start working on Prismatic Champion's Regalia, would the rewards there bring me closer to Vision?

I have used the 250 materials for Skyscale, but other than that, I never really looked into "Return to <map>" things.

Playing the maps, harvesting resources, collecting the odd achivement here and there . . . I cannot see how it would not. They are some of the best maps in the game anyway. Enjoy.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2023 at 2:44 AM, knives.6345 said:

They have some overlap, e.g. Vision usually wants to do the meta event of a map while having the special item in your inventory and the Return-To achievements usually want you to do that meta as well. That aside though, there is nothing really and you will automatically complete this while working on Vision anyway.

And you need the reward for the episode specific meta-achievement completion. Only you know how close you are on those respectively. It would certainly be easy to get through the "do events and stuff" of the respective Return-to achievement but I don't see it helping the other way around as it seems extremely unlikely to me that the things that the Return-To achievements ask for would help with visions as it's literally just "hearts, events, node farm, meta event, maybe an adventure/bounty" which does not necessarily contribute to your meta-achievement completion if you don't specifically plan out what you need it advance.

If an episode is specifically turning you off, there is always the option to get the completion reward from the PvP/WvW reward track of that map. If I recall correctly, especially Jahai Bluffs was kind of time intense as it has a lot of small collections where you need to talk to people to even unlock stuff and then run all around the map interacting with stuff. War Eternal is a bit annoying because you have no choice in leaving out achievements you dislike.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Endaris.1452 said:

If an episode is specifically turning you off, there is always the option to get the completion reward from the PvP/WvW reward track of that map. If I recall correctly, especially Jahai Bluffs was kind of time intense as it has a lot of small collections where you need to talk to people to even unlock stuff and then run all around the map interacting with stuff. War Eternal is a bit annoying because you have no choice in leaving out achievements you dislike.

For me, War Eternal didn't seem that bad. For some reason the Jahai Bluffs achievements have caused me burnout twice where I just go on to other projects for months at a time. At the moment I'm trying to get back into it. But there's only so much time to play and finishing Vision seems like such a low priority most of the time. I really liked being able to go to WvW to complete the collections for the other areas.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

For me, War Eternal didn't seem that bad.

I think it took me hours of randomly trying and looking up the information of how to get Sniper's Nest specifically.

Salt on the Wound is also notoriously bugged (hits registering as misses etc.) and nearly impossible to complete without extra party members.

So yeah, definitely not that bad but it certainly had me pissed off at some point which Jahai in all its length didn't manage.

I certainly can empathize with some of these being a real pain though, hence I suggested PvP/WvW even though OP stated they strongly prefer PvE.

Edited by Endaris.1452
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2023 at 2:48 PM, idpersona.3810 said:

For me, War Eternal didn't seem that bad. For some reason the Jahai Bluffs achievements have caused me burnout twice where I just go on to other projects for months at a time. At the moment I'm trying to get back into it. But there's only so much time to play and finishing Vision seems like such a low priority most of the time. I really liked being able to go to WvW to complete the collections for the other areas.

Just an update but I finished Vision over the weekend. Something I didn't realize was that all of the hidden achievements count towards the 38 total needed (for Jahai). So it isn't required to do every one that you can currently see. Like catching the red fish counted which was much easier than a lot of the other ones. So make sure to check the wiki and just knock off the easiest ones.

7 hours ago, bluehead.9842 said:

after successfully craft vision, i dont have any will anymore to look for aurora...

That's pretty fair. It took me almost 6 months after crafting Aurora to finally get around to completing Vision. The burnout can be very real. 
Thankfully there's plenty of other stuff to do until if and when you feel like crafting the second one.

When I read all this I don't even want to start any legendary trinket. Sounds like a chore and hassle. I already found getting Skyscale the worst experience of both Guild Wars games.

I crafted the Dreamer (short bow) and Bolt (sword) and the leg. heavy WvW set and they all took me 2 months (+2 sigills, saving up for runes now but I'm in no hurry now) and it was mostly just a gold sink. Could just buy most things. ~2300 gold just the armor set, but getting gold and buy all stuff is easier than farm certain things every day or worse: wait for something certain to happen.

Due to the terrible gold -> gems ratio I've had no use for my gold, before the price raise I used to convert my gold to gems and buy myself something fancy. 

Since someone mentioned the leggy pvp backback was easiest. Is it easier than the wvw one? (If someone knows both)

• Like 1

Check them here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Ascension
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warbringer

They both have the Gift of Fortune in common. The Gift of Skirmishing vs. Gift of Conquering seem to require about the same amount of effort.

Wings of Ascension and the Gift of the Competitor seemed just pretty cheap to me - especially when playing PvP normally. For one you need to get wins with different professions but even if you are bad you can just lose and rank down and eventually will get some wins.

Compared to that the WvW backpack counterparts seemed more expensive ot me. For the wings part even requiring a WxP level that might be a longer grind for a new player. (Again: For someone that plays WvW a lot ... might be easy if you have tons of mats already. For someone that played WvW a lot in the past and barely/never touched PvP the WvW one might be easier/faster I guess. For new players that have not played both modes at all or for someone that played more PvP ... the PvP one I guess.)

Only got the PvP one cause I mainly play PvP and less WvW. Would have needed still some time to grind the WxP level back then I think. +I'd like to save the tickets for some other stuff. (Since I get much less cause of less playing WvW.) But Shards of Glory vs Memories of Battle I think was also a major cost factor where the PvP just seems cheaper.