Character Select Screen QOL request

I'm sure its been requested before but it would be nice to see Weapons and Backpack. It would also be nice if they added different backdrops you could select for per character. Could even add Character Select Scenery as achievement unlocks...Actually, They could even fix Warriors...but just asking for baby steps here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Xperiment.6923 said:

I'm sure its been requested before but it would be nice to see Weapons and Backpack. It would also be nice if they added different backdrops you could select for per character.

Agreed with these, kind of meh about the rest.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, Xperiment.6923 said:

Could even add Character Select Scenery as achievement unlocks...

If I remember correctly they do this in Lost Ark, at certain AP milestones you unlock a different character select screen background that you can then use, they have multiple backgrounds to gain as rewards this way. It is a nice system, would love to see it used in GW2.

• Like 1

what a nice QoL OP! i would LOVE this! extra backgrounds could include area zone art (as well as the previous core and xpac backgrounds) and include settings such as " show HoT (or other xpac) background," "Show zone art based on character location." 

redirected toward ANET: my additional requests to this:

1) please give us some organization options, like in GW1, like "sort characters alphabetically." "sort by race" sort by most recently logged in" etc...

2) please please please rescale the characters on the selectin screen to their actual in-game height. please do away with the current out-of-scale representations of always showing Charr as biggest, Norn as second biggest, Human and Sylvari as the same height, and then Asura as smallest, but all Norn as the same size, all Charr as the same size, all humans as the same size, all Sylvari as the same size, and all Asura as the same size.

the shortest Norn can be the same height as the tallest Human, and Charr also vary in height by a lot. I'd much rather see the avatars represented by their actual in-game height than the current representation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1