Sylvari's eyes darkened on certain faces after the patch [Merged]

Some of my Sylvari's eyes are darkened after the patch, it seems to be tied to the unique total makeover kit faces. If you switch to any other face in the preview window it corrects itself.

Hopefully this can be fixed and means there's more customization options coming but one can dream.

EDIT:  Not just the unique faces, some of the old ones are also bugged on my characters. The clear distinction only happens in the makeover preview window.

Edited by Door To Tomorrow.1067
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 4

• Door To Tomorrow.1067 changed the title to Sylvari's eyes darkened on certain faces after the patch

All my sylvari characters have also pitch black eyes and funny is that is not with my norn or human characters. By the way does anyone else have problems with raptor mount animations while riding with sylvari? My norn and human rides normally but sylvari sits like a iron bar (or stick or whatever xD ).

Having the same issue! I've said in a few other places but yes, all gemstore faces (both genders), and all the faces added last year on female sylvari, but those ones aren't affected on male sylvari. Most faces that released with the game aren't affected, with the exception of one asymmetrical female one (Amaranda's face) and Canach's face.

Also like Willow said, that sylvari raptor animation issue is still a big problem 😞

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is a problem with male sylvari faces, too, including the ones released with the original game and the ones released a few years ago in anticipation of EoD. This doesn't show up in the total makeover kit, but once in-game, it's noticeable.

• Thanks 1

Eye colour on all the sylvari (female and  male ) face gained through the  total makeover kit is broken since the patch of 23rd of May 2023  . The visible Eye color is set to a very dark Violet/black, regardless of actual colour (which can still be ascertained in the makeover preview  ). Verified on 4 of my 6 sylvari, the two with the standard #1 face (upper left corner at creation ) retained their Eye Colouration, all with made over "exclusive" faces and eyes (regardless of skin colour or actual previous colour ) had their eyes changed to dark violet.

example  My druid Winterwise has the eye colour "Light Lime" and the upper  left picture from the second page of special (exclusive)  faces (I call it #7, but there is no normal signifier ).   The eyes ae dark violet atm, instead of a shining limey whitey. if I change faces at the makeover preview, the moment I click on a Standard face, the "light lime " colour reappears, the second I switch back to the face/head I use it turns shade of violet again...

Since Anet has fiddled around with the environmental slider (check  their patch notes ) I suspect this is an an unintended (if extremely annoying) effect of their environment slider "correction".... After all we spend resources or even real money to get the makeover keys to get these character setups.....

Now let's see how long it takes them to correct this. I mean they never fixed use of cursor keys in their forums after more than 10 years
Stopwatch /GO

PS further Data :  Eye colour loss on "normal" faces also occurs after zone change (tested on Verdant Brink to Bitterfrost.  Standard face, standard colour ; exclusive haircut, Eyecolour loss stayed even after relogging back into  Bitterfrost and after porting  to Amnoon , Lions Arch and finally the Grove, Eye of the North,  Bjora Marches, Ember Bay and Bloodstone Fen  (most of the zones I remembered for unusual lighting and easy accessibility ) . So, from my early data it seems not linked to the zones environment

Edited by achwas.6190
  • Confused 1

Good thing all of my characters are male sylvari with makeover change faces… otherwise I wouldn’t get to enjoy this black eye fad everyone seems to be into these days . Using total makeover kit you can see that base game faces are not affected. But the total makeover kit will not change the affected faces when attempting to change eye color. They just stay black, And here I thought the nightmare court was defeated.  The dream has been corrupted by patch. 

• Sad 1

Good thing QA caught this and the break in raptor animation before the release of the patch. Otherwise it would have been another embarrasment for ANET.

Oh, wait....

In all seriousness, ANET, when there is a minor problem with some gemstore skin, you are willing to boot everyone out of wvw for 1h after reset. But this not only got out but is also unfixed 7h later?

Edited by VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Base-game faces for male Sylvari are definitely affected as well, at least some of them. Both of my Sylvari are male and using faces which were available on launch and both show up as bugged when in-game - they only appear fine in character selection and in the makeover menu. You can also see them bugged on the miniatures in makeover though.

• Thanks 1

Both my Sylvari characters have black eyes, one is my main character who still uses her original look from when the games launched (11 years ago?). It could be related to shader settings. On high the eyes are black, on medium I saw a little green and on low her eyes are medium green. Still not the bright green they should be, but a lot more green in it.

14 hours ago, Damico.2695 said:

I uhh, actually like the new look.

My favorite Sylvari char is my Scourge. I do tend to theme her on the darker side as a nec but she had these cool luminescent green eyes to match the effects of her "Snake Stick" legendary. I just replaced my 2015 PC with a new one (I built); GW2 has never looked better (90-250 FPS, graphics on high and ultra, etc), so I wanted to see what my Scourge's eyes looked like. Imagine my utter shock and horror to see a pair of black, soulless peepers staring back at me! 😜