On Loss sPvP rewards need to be removed

5 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Title, the only reason people afk farm and bot sPvP, if they removed on loss rewards people would actually play the game since they wont ban anyone that's exploiting the system.

Instead of bots AFK farming PvP, we'll now have unhinged killing machine bots that will lay waste to every game and populate the top of the leaderboard.

And ANet STILL wouldn't do a single thing to stop it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, SevlisBavles.3059 said:

Instead of bots AFK farming PvP, we'll now have unhinged killing machine bots that will lay waste to every game and populate the top of the leaderboard.

And ANet STILL wouldn't do a single thing to stop it.

I think that killing machine bots are too difficult to build, also for pro-botters.😅

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Title, the only reason people afk farm and bot sPvP, if they removed on loss rewards people would actually play the game since they wont ban anyone that's exploiting the system.

only if on win rewards get trippelt

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

People would leave the game mode when they don't get anything back for their efforts (no matter how small that effort may be), not try harder.

And most of what'd be left in PvP would be win traders, queue dodgers, duo queue abusers, cheaters and other kinds of match manipulation.

In the end, sPvP would be in a worse state.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

No, people would not actually play the game. People who just hop on to one or two PvP rounds a day would play less, because they might get nothing for their limited game time invested, even if they had the skill potential to win. An AFK bot runs all the time, so it will eventually get wins over a long period of time (e.g. when there are four other players that will win for the bot), making bot still viable and driving away the real players with a limited game time (who right now can have fun and rewards, even when losing).

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

They could add the loss rewards to your next win, rather than removing them. That will encourage you to play through until you win. 

Reset this after, i don't know, 2 hours? That will slow down the leeches while rewarding those who try.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree.

Casual rewards belong in the casual mode, that being Unranked.

Could move pips and reward chests as they are right now over to Unranked, and give that mode some real purpose to participate in while keeping the reward for winning in Ranked, but removing the participation award in the competitive gamemode.

This would ensure that Ranked is first and foremost about engaging in and climbing the competitive ladder instead of it being filled with AFKers that get paid to do what they do without any real consequence, and all without removing the reward for lazy players, because they could still obtain them in Unranked.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Sounds like a good way to increase (x2, x3) the already noticeable queues. Middle line will also dissapear and all matches would be a mix of silvers and plats, meshed together...

Noticeable queues? Been queuing regularly and haven’t experienced anything more than a 3 minute queue max 

• Like 3

It should be noted that anyone saying how the game would be without participation awards have no proof to back up their claims, because Ranked has never been different when it comes to freebie rewards, and unless you believe some random person to be precognizant, then there is no sensible reason to believe in their fearful delusions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

that wasn't true back when losses resulted in nothing...  people AFKd in spawn way back at HoT launch, resulting in many 3v5s. 

PS the only result of not banning bad behaviour, is that people will behave badly, because they know they won't be punished for it.

28 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Noticeable queues? Been queuing regularly and haven’t experienced anything more than a 3 minute queue max

i presume you only play during prime time, as my experience NOT playing during prime time, i regularly faced 15-20 minute queues. sometimes even 30 minutes.

those two reasons are why i stopped PvPing at rank 67... 1) people throwing matches and 2) unacceptable queue times.

PPS: i played both before pips were introduced and after... and before pips were introduced losses rewarded nothing

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

It should be noted that anyone saying how the game would be without participation awards have no proof to back up their claims, because Ranked has never been different when it comes to freebie rewards, and unless you believe some random person to be precognizant, then there is no sensible reason to believe in their fearful delusions.

Currently the top 250 in ranked Europe sits at lower than 1400 (1395) and the top 1 is in 1772, and you're bold enough to say that there's no proof that removing rewards would have no effects in population.

Do you remember when Legendary had tiers and the top players were all above 2000? That's when PvP in ESL was a thing, and were monetary rewards to be made in continental tournaments. At that time, by the way, large tournaments achieved over 10k views on Twitch, whereas currently not even the most popular GW2 PvE streamers do reach that number under drtops and promoted events...

Also your premise that shaving rewards from the loosing team will remove afkers is entirely wrong: Since the population is so low that matchmaking doesn't work, afking still gives non-players the chance to win due the enemy team has more afkers. It will not turn ranked in a PvP paradise in which you will only see skilled players fighting galantry by knightly rules; it will be the same as now just with fewer players. 

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Currently the top 250 in ranked Europe sits at lower than 1400 (1395) and the top 1 is in 1772, and you're bold enough to say that there's no proof that removing rewards would have no effects in population.

I can only speak for myself, and it would have an impact on the population in one way or the others, because the moment this game grows some competitive backbone is the moment it gains back at least 1 more player.

Pray that we do not reach a level where that would make any difference whatsoever.

Do you remember when Legendary had tiers and the top players were all above 2000? That's when PvP in ESL was a thing, and were monetary rewards to be made in continental tournaments. At that time, by the way, large tournaments achieved over 10k views on Twitch, whereas currently not even the most popular GW2 PvE streamers do reach that number under drtops and promoted events...

Real monetary gain cannot be compared to virtual gold coins. If someone paid me to play PvP, I'd do it too.

Heck, even the virtual gold coins are enough to make some people 'play', clearly. But play has to be used loosely there, because the way its set up, you don't have to play guild wars to get paid in guild wars, which is why I say it is a casual reward that belongs in the casual mode.

Also your premise that shaving rewards from the loosing team will remove afkers is entirely wrong: Since the population is so low that matchmaking doesn't work,

How do you know this? How can you know the results of what hasn't been tried?

We already know AFKers AFK when they get paid to do so, but there is 0 knowing what they would do if they didn't get paid.

The population issue is a self-perpetuating issue. If we're too afraid to ever even try to correct it, then nothing is going to change that gradual decline you noted in your opening.

afking still gives non-players the chance to win due the enemy team has more afkers. It will not turn ranked in a PvP paradise in which you will only see skilled players fighting galantry by knightly rules;

Well not with that attitude. Have some faith in your fellow player, believe in them to be capable of being better, and they will be.

Through faith we can accomplish what is seemingly impossible. Through faith exists the power to create something from nothing. 🙏

it will be the same as now just with fewer players. 

AFKers are not players by design. There will be less of them; which is in every way, a net positive outcome.

49 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

that wasn't true back when losses resulted in nothing...  people AFKd in spawn way back at HoT launch, resulting in many 3v5s. 

PS the only result of not banning bad behaviour, is that people will behave badly, because they know they won't be punished for it.

i presume you only play during prime time, as my experience NOT playing during prime time, i regularly faced 15-20 minute queues. sometimes even 30 minutes.

those two reasons are why i stopped PvPing at rank 67... 1) people throwing matches and 2) unacceptable queue times.

PPS: i played both before pips were introduced and after... and before pips were introduced losses rewarded nothing

Freebie pips have always existed in Ranked since day 1

And can anyone who would give AFK players a reward for AFKing really claim to be all that bothered by "bad behavior?"
The AFKs know they won't get punished, sure, and so do the top players who want to farm them to beef up their rating and appear to be the good at the game.

I long to see the day that rating cow goes dry. 😨

32 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Freebie pips have always existed in Ranked since day 1

And can anyone who would give AFK players a reward for AFKing really claim to be all that bothered by "bad behavior?"
The AFKs know they won't get punished, sure, and so do the top players who want to farm them to beef up their rating and appear to be the good at the game.

I long to see the day that rating cow goes dry. 😨

Season pip rewards were not in the game since the beginning those came 3 years after 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Season pip rewards were not in the game since the beginning those came 3 years after 

I know, but I also know that's its very hard for them to prove me wrong, and that it does absolutely nothing to speak for today.

You do holy work. Savage as the fortnite kids would say. Keep up the good work 👍