How does Chul-Moo know about Cinder and Smodur?

Fatboy.8942

I was genuinely confused when Chul-Moo said "You didn't kill Cinder -- Smodur did." I am confused about this because Chul-Moo was in Cantha during the Charr civil war so how did he obtain this information? The highlight of Cantha was that it was separated from the rest of the world which would mean Chul-Moo wouldn't have known this.

Also, why do I even have feelings for Cinder as an Ascalonian human?

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

@DanAlcedo.3281 Well I think maybe we peops think falls. Maybe our charakter "the Commander" is thinking like.... "She get killed cause of me allowing smodur doing it" or "I could have saved her just by Standing into smodurs way". When it comes to cinder this at least make somehow sence. But Chull-Moo I do not even Close know her. So I do not know what she has done or we done to her?? Aurene was hmm also a weird choice..... only thing why we would be Mad in her choice would be her death in lw4 if im correct. Vlast and Blish both get basicly killed cause of us been stupid or let him doing stuff instead off us in the knowing he would die. 

Said this yea totaly true there would have been better charas for that choices but maybe A-Net do not want us going into the same traumata again and again and again. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 Well I think maybe we peops think falls. Maybe our charakter "the Commander" is thinking like.... "She get killed cause of me allowing smodur doing it" or "I could have saved her just by Standing into smodurs way". When it comes to cinder this at least make somehow sence. But Chull-Moo I do not even Close know her. So I do not know what she has done or we done to her?? Aurene was hmm also a weird choice..... only thing why we would be Mad in her choice would be her death in lw4 if im correct. Vlast and Blish both get basicly killed cause of us been stupid or let him doing stuff instead off us in the knowing he would die. 

Said this yea totaly true there would have been better charas for that choices but maybe A-Net do not want us going into the same traumata again and again and again. 

To be blunt. I did not give a duck what happened there. 

My mind was all just:

! LET ME PUNCH THIS STUPID CHARR!!!!! I WANT TO SHOW HIM MY AXE SO MANY TIMES!!!!! (Ryland) 

Felt like a dog on a leash. I'm here for murder. Let do it already! 

Then it's coward ran away like a little beach. 

Things he is the greatest around and didn't even 1v1 me. 😡

• Confused 3

I found the majority of the options strange as well, especially Cinder. The only one I thought was a valid option there was Blish.

As for Chul-Moo knowing all about Cinder: Excuse me?! Doesn't make sense at all, as you explained in your OP.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Fatboy.8942 said:

I was genuinely confused when Chul-Moo said "You didn't kill Cinder -- Smodur did." I am confused about this because Chul-Moo was in Cantha during the Charr civil war so how did he obtain this information? The highlight of Cantha was that it was separated from the rest of the world which would mean Chul-Moo wouldn't have known this.

Also, why do I even have feelings for Cinder as an Ascalonian human?

Given how he went to Ascalon, I'm 100% sure somebody from the crew gave him a briefing on the events that happened in question.

I would seriously doubt they just dumped him there and go "Bai!" From what I can see, each memory was linked to a relevant NPC from the group, whether direct relation (I did Mai, Blish, Cinder, was expecting to be able to do all but oh well), or similar situations.

Mai you had Yao, who is dealing with regret of what they did in the past vs what they are trying to do now.

Blish had Gorrik, for obvious reasons.

Cinder had Chul-moo, dealing with situations where you are in charge and people die, either prisoners, enemies, or non-combatants. 

Edited by Kalavier.1097
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

Given how he went to Ascalon, I'm 100% sure somebody from the crew gave him a briefing on the events that happened in question.

I would seriously doubt they just dumped him there and go "Bai!" From what I can see, each memory was linked to a relevant NPC from the group, whether direct relation (I did Mai, Blish, Cinder, was expecting to be able to do all but oh well), or similar situations.

Mai you had Yao, who is dealing with regret of what they did in the past vs what they are trying to do now.

Blish had Gorrik, for obvious reasons.

Cinder had Chul-moo, dealing with situations where you are in charge and people die, either prisoners, enemies, or non-combatants. 

This presents another question as to why Chul-moo decided to go to Ascalon to ultimately give us a talk about being a leader and how a leader's actions have consequences. If I recall from the previous episode, What Lies Beneath, Chul-moo's Jade Brotherhood is being attacked by a demonic entity in a horrific way. Specifically, they are being mind controlled to be its minions and go as far as biting their friends which was showcased when Chul-moo was bitten by his own members. Anyways, my point is that Chul-moo wouldn't have been prompted to go to Ascalon in the first place because logically as the leader of the Jade Brotherhood, he should be helping them recover from this tragic event and leading them.

Therefore, using your logic, Chul-moo ironically was dumped in there and said "Bai!" to the Jade Brotherhood that he was leading. It would make more sense if the commander was at Gyala Delve "reflecting their feelings" at a campfire where Chul-moo approaches them to talk. The conversation between the two would then lead to Chul-moo telling the commander about dealing with situations "where you are in charge and people die, either prisoners, enemies, or non-combatants. " This can be done without mentioning Cinder. I am still confused as to Cinder's relevancy to our Commander and how Chul-moo even knows about them.

You mentioned that someone from the crew "gave him a briefing on the events that happened in question." The event that happened was the "I Trusted You" cutscene from the No Quarter episode. You can find this on youtube, I would post a link but idk if that is allowed. Anyways, consider that event. That was supposed to be a highly confidential meeting between key players in the Charr Civil war. The only allies who would know about this event would be Crecia and Rytlock. Also considering that our commander is working through some trauma, how come we didn't reach out to our good buddy Rytlock?

This creates, another question! We were in Ascalon which is in Rytlock's neck of the woods. Why didn't we reach out to him to expose our "feelings" about leadership? He was a tribune of the Blood Legion and has had been in many situations where his decisions resulted in people dying "either prisoners, enemies, or non-combatants." We've known him since our story as the Commander began and fought alongside each other throughout many great threats. Chul-moo was an enemy turned friend and we hardly know them compared to Rytlock freaking Brimstone.

Anyways, thanks for your thoughts, but I don't agree with you.

• Like 2

Just now, SoftFootpaws.9134 said:

there's a charr in seitung province telling the humans all about the charr civil war. its not something they wouldn't know about at this point, especially the leader of an entire faction.

Yeah, but I would imagine that Charr is telling them about major events of the war. I doubt that this event was public information as the meeting was a confidential meeting.

Chul-moo's knowledge, if he did know about the Charr civil war, would have been major events. If you need an analogy to compare this to, just think about your knowledge regarding any World War in history. You only know the major events, but not every specific detail.

11 hours ago, Fatboy.8942 said:

This presents another question as to why Chul-moo decided to go to Ascalon to ultimately give us a talk about being a leader and how a leader's actions have consequences. If I recall from the previous episode, What Lies Beneath, Chul-moo's Jade Brotherhood is being attacked by a demonic entity in a horrific way. Specifically, they are being mind controlled to be its minions and go as far as biting their friends which was showcased when Chul-moo was bitten by his own members. Anyways, my point is that Chul-moo wouldn't have been prompted to go to Ascalon in the first place because logically as the leader of the Jade Brotherhood, he should be helping them recover from this tragic event and leading them.

It's not like he is needed every single day at the Jade brotherhood bases. Also, he is literally 100% invested in making sure our plan works so of course he'd be involved and want to help make a solution?

Therefore, using your logic, Chul-moo ironically was dumped in there and said "Bai!" to the Jade Brotherhood that he was leading. It would make more sense if the commander was at Gyala Delve "reflecting their feelings" at a campfire where Chul-moo approaches them to talk. The conversation between the two would then lead to Chul-moo telling the commander about dealing with situations "where you are in charge and people die, either prisoners, enemies, or non-combatants. " This can be done without mentioning Cinder. I am still confused as to Cinder's relevancy to our Commander and how Chul-moo even knows about them.

Or they sent somebody to each location alongside the Commander, and chul-moo offered to go there. Being how his mine, and many of his people are threatened by this ONI, it is very much in his "Want" to help ensure the plan goes smoothly. That is why he donates the Kurzick Rune freely.

Cinder and the researcher's deaths are big parts of Drizzlewood, and Cinder's death marked the last possible point where Ryland could've been turned against Banger and Jormag. Smodur murdering Cinder right infront of the commander (IIRC it was the commander and Crecia's plan) doomed Ryland to fall to Jormag, and looking back at the events the commander probably realizes this.

You mentioned that someone from the crew "gave him a briefing on the events that happened in question." The event that happened was the "I Trusted You" cutscene from the No Quarter episode. You can find this on youtube, I would post a link but idk if that is allowed. Anyways, consider that event. That was supposed to be a highly confidential meeting between key players in the Charr Civil war. The only allies who would know about this event would be Crecia and Rytlock. Also considering that our commander is working through some trauma, how come we didn't reach out to our good buddy Rytlock?

It was confidential at the time to get Ryland to swap sides. There is literally nothing about the meeting that would've been required to keep secret afterwards. Also there was other Charr from the legions there IIRC.

This creates, another question! We were in Ascalon which is in Rytlock's neck of the woods. Why didn't we reach out to him to expose our "feelings" about leadership? He was a tribune of the Blood Legion and has had been in many situations where his decisions resulted in people dying "either prisoners, enemies, or non-combatants." We've known him since our story as the Commander began and fought alongside each other throughout many great threats. Chul-moo was an enemy turned friend and we hardly know them compared to Rytlock freaking Brimstone.

Because Rytlock has zero relevancy to an investigation and hunting a demon in a mine in Cantha? Chul-moo however, is intensely involved in wanting the Oni out of the mine and thus has a lot of relevance.