Accepting the fact that I will never obtain a skyscale.

4 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

More fun aquisition *

Not 4 times the same events

Okay. Now you see the problem, yes? What's fun for me may not be fun for thee. I play a lot of WvW and PvP. If I want the Skyscale, I need to invest a large amount of time doing something that isn't fun for me because I enjoy playing ping pong with people's bodies.

We're gonna need a more solid idea. Because "its not fun" isn't a compelling argument. Do you just not like repetition in general? Then why are you here? Have you even tried SW farming? Reward track clearing? Honestly, the least repetitive things are probably the dungeons and I think we all know how those are going.

I'm not gonna pretend like grinding the same thing over and over is some revolutionary gameplay, but this is also like... an MMO. I kinda came in knowing the deal. Didn't you?

Edited by StuckHat.8061
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, StuckHat.8061 said:

Okay. Now you see the problem, yes? What's fun for me may not be fun for thee. I play a lot of WvW and PvP. If I want the Skyscale, I need to invest a large amount of time doing something that isn't fun for me because I enjoy playing ping pong with people's bodies.

We're gonna need a more solid idea. Because "its not fun" isn't a compelling argument. Do you just not like repetition in general? Then why are you here? Have you even tried SW farming? Reward track clearing? Honestly, the least repetitive things are probably the dungeons and I think we all know how those are going.

You can ask repetition in your mode if you fancy it

Create a Raid thread telling that "i am raider , and i want to do 4x times the same event in every future raid

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I guess my question here is if not this then what?  I disagree that getting rid of collections and providing instant gratification for major account upgrades like the skyscale is the way for a game of this kind.  I also don't think this is going to change anything for the skyscale at this point.  However, there is value in discussing how a collection could be better designed in the future for account upgrades like this.

You shouldn't get rid of collection, but they should be actual gameplay not a time sink masquerading as such. Skyscale Lost: Finding your skyscale at the end of a jumping puzzle is kind of cool. After the 10th entry in the collection is becomes pretty clear that is not my Skyscale being a silly goose, it is Anet trying to keep me busy. You could make it an achievement with tiers letting you choose where your commander finds their Skyscale. Not a lot of things you should eventually get are actually gated behind collection. Skyscale is one of the few examples. If they add more Account upgrades that are gated behind repetitive collection, they should add tiers to these collection. So they can move down the reward one tier after an amount of time so newer and more casual player can catch up on these account features eventually.

In General must-have and should-have Features should have built in catch up mechanic. This game kept players busy for 10 years. Letting newish player jump through the same hoops for feature they must have or should have just isn't feasible. Nice to have features like Legendary Equipment are fine as they are, as you truly don't need to have them. Having adequate gear is for example a must have feature, where just general inflation provided the necessary catch up mechanic. Getting exotic gear now is easier then it ever was. Now the point of contention: Mounts are a should have feature. Skyscales set the pace in  lot of OW activities. If you plan to take part in OW your really should get skyscale.

Edited by SlayerXX.7138
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

In General must-have and should-have Features should have built in catch up mechanic.

The skyscale is not a must-have or should-have feature and they already made the collections easier.

8 minutes ago, SlayerXX.7138 said:

Mounts are a should have feature.

True mounts in general are but not the skyscale, you can use the other mounts and will have the same result. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

You said that : "What's fun for me may not be fun for thee."

Other people want a more fun way to get the mount.

And if you enjoy doing 4x times the same events , you can ask for it

So you read like a sentence in my post then couldn't have more flagrantly ignored the rest.

This is probably why nobody wants to listen or help you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, StuckHat.8061 said:

So you read like a sentence in my post then couldn't have more flagrantly ignored the rest.

This is probably why nobody wants to listen or help you.

The rest of your message is in the same vibe :

"We're gonna need a more solid idea. Because "its not fun" isn't a compelling argument. Do you just not like repetition in general? Then why are you here? Have you even tried SW farming? Reward track clearing? Honestly, the least repetitive things are probably the dungeons and I think we all know how those are going.

I'm not gonna pretend like grinding the same thing over and over is some revolutionary gameplay, but this is also like... an MMO. I kinda came in knowing the deal. Didn't you?"

• Confused 7

40 minutes ago, StuckHat.8061 said:

2. "It's a known problem in the industry". Fixed your grammar too. I'm super nice. ....

Oh we're aiming for the orthography.

Do you really to try blame me for my english as non english native? Thats cheap.

Edited by Escadero.7891
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, StuckHat.8061 said:

Copy-pasting my post doesn't mean you read it. It just means you glazed your eyes over it. You can tell because you still haven't engaged with any of the points made. Considering you're either a troll or just very plain not respectful, I think it's no surprise that I'll be disengaging from you. I tried to be more patient than most, but you really want to be kicked into a hole.

Common , whatever we say this thread will be locked by the morning Dev , in 2 hours

People always try to be hostile and derail the threads , and some other of their close friends  report it so the  morning dev lock the s thread .

As I told before :

"Rather than clearing the house , we will have the same things in the future , with mega threads , overshadowing other threads(instances)

In the end WvW will steal our men and our casuals"

(but people liking WvW, might give a chance to pvp , 2x expansions later :P)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1