Massive FPS drops when moving cursor on my character or others'

Good morning,

I've been testing this issue on my PC that I've encountered for many weeks and honestly I have no clue what else to do or what sorts of data should I record to report this issue, hoping someone else is having the same behaviours.

Issue

No matter which map and which density, if I move the cursors on my playable character (including mount) or slightly moving the cursors on other NPC (or any other area), I get a massive FPS drops on an med/high end gaming machine.

The video I recorded this morning is pretty much self explanatory: 

My PC specs:

https://ibb.co/FmYvzVh

My in-game settings when reproducing the behavior in the video:

https://ibb.co/R92RRWZ

Computer usage during the recording:

https://ibb.co/5TjB9NZ

Steps I've tried so far:

1. Lowering all the in-game video settings. The behavior persists.

2. All my drivers are up to date. No pending updates or Windows updates.

3. Disabled every addon installed. The behavior persists.

4. Monitored resource usages and temperatures, nothing out of the ordinary.

5. Playing other games or doing any other intensive tasks leads to no issues.

6. I've put Post Processing to Low since I've noticed slight improvements to my FPS, but the same behavior in the video persists.

7. The issue disappears if I press the right mouse button and rotate the camera (as shown in the video), but this is not a workaround 😅

8. Changed cursor type from the in-game settings. The behavior persists.

Conclusion

I've no idea what else to do honestly, any advice or any other interesting data to debug this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Edited by xAndreei.7943
typos and other steps tried
  • Sad 1

Ok, so I found a fix and some interesting stuff. Apparently I managed to find my identical problem on reddit from a user using GW2 Addon Manager having the same exact issues as described by me.

No idea how and why but apparently if you have it installed (the only addon I had was Arc DPS), I got the huge FPS drops. After manually cleaning most of the files (plus the "uninstaller" offered by the Addon Manager which apparently it did not work since it left some useless garbage around), I managed to get my game running up at 120+ FPS reproducing the same steps in the video, with no FPS drops.

Lastly, I notice that with the Addon Manager, my GPU utilization drops from 70% to 0% everytime I frenetically move my cursor exactly in the video, resulting in the FPS drops. Without it, I get a stable 70+% utilization.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, xAndreei.7943 said:

Ok, so I found a fix and some interesting stuff. Apparently I managed to find my identical problem on reddit from a user using GW2 Addon Manager having the same exact issues as described by me.

No idea how and why but apparently if you have it installed (the only addon I had was Arc DPS), I got the huge FPS drops. After manually cleaning most of the files (plus the "uninstaller" offered by the Addon Manager which apparently it did not work since it left some useless garbage around), I managed to get my game running up at 120+ FPS reproducing the same steps in the video, with no FPS drops.

Lastly, I notice that with the Addon Manager, my GPU utilization drops from 70% to 0% everytime I frenetically move my cursor exactly in the video, resulting in the FPS drops. Without it, I get a stable 70+% utilization.

Nevermind, the issue was not related to GW2 Addon Manager but I managed to narrow it down to the following solution that works even with GW2 Addon Manager:

1. Run the game as Administrator 😅

Maybe I'm a bit wrong but since when do we have to execute GW2 as Administrator?

• Like 1