Requesting double xp and no down state weekend please :)

Megastorm.6219

1 hour ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

Now I can't stop thinking about a "random boon week" every time you make a boon or condi, it's a random one instead.

Friendly fire week would of course also feature neutral AoE - ie if you apply AoE boons, healing, auras etc, you apply it to your enemies as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

lol. We are due for a no downstate week. That said too many times the conversation comes around is it the extra XP that draws people or the no downstate or both. So maybe instead we get a no downstate week and a separate extra XP week so we can gather some data points. Same goes with weeks where we test the WR beta weeks. Separate the weeks. Do the WR without the extra XP, and give people the extra XP before or after the event to get better info on if the relinks worked or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Friendly Fire weekend without finishers, but with down state and with boons doing the opposite of what they usually do!

🙂 Why without finishers? I admit this remains a great feature in game and I continue to be amazed they don't do more of the feature since it's a stand out for the combat system that they could do more with.

• Like 1

Frankly they should be doing bonus wxp weeks once a month regardless of "special event".

Pve gets festivals or living story or special events as content to have something to celebrate every month of the year, I'm sure they could add wxp bonus weeks once a month at the very least for wvw. Or bonus skirmish or reward track progress weeks, I really don't think it's too much to ask for a little effort on their part. Even WoW had a calendar full of events every month, with like bonus rewards for their battleground pvp every weekend. Like seriously.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

That part was just a nudge towards people who ask for "no down state" events again and again.

🙂 lol. Gotcha. I admit would love a test week where finishing versus cleaving makes more of a difference. But could also see a week where full dead were forced to respawn to make taking someone out more of a factor versus whoever was left standing can rub everyone else back up and continue on their way as if there was no fight that had been had. Each to their own on why they dislike or like no downstate weeks, but I think there is some interesting details to both sides that could help improve gameplay and add more strategy into the fight due to those details. Always good in my book to give players choices and adds more to the sandbox when they look back at a fight and say should I have done x versus y there. But hey as previous Choppa from Warhammer all I do is rub my face across a keyboard in any given fight so maybe I am over thinking it.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

That said too many times the conversation comes around is it the extra XP that draws people or the no downstate or both. 

Then I propose we do a no downstate + no pips + no skirmish track rewards week to really see the truth.

If everyone are so much in favor of fights, KDR and PPK we will see higher activity than a normal week regardless of what rewards are available. 

Surely those in favor of no downstate are so numerous they can carry this, right?

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Then I propose we do a no downstate + no pips + no skirmish track rewards week to really see the truth.

If everyone are so much in favor of fights, KDR and PPK we will see higher activity than a normal week regardless of what rewards are available. 

Surely those in favor of no downstate are so numerous they can carry this, right?

Seeing as people played before there were pips or the skirmish track. Yes, people would indeed play. You'd have to preserve the reward tracks though for people getting Gifts of Battle though otherwise the PvErs would QQ and we can't have that now can we.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Seeing as people played before there were pips or the skirmish track. Yes, people would indeed play. You'd have to preserve the reward tracks though for people getting Gifts of Battle though otherwise the PvErs would QQ and we can't have that now can we.

But that must mean people valued downstate so much they'd play WvW with it even without rewards, right?

Dont look at me you put yourself in that corner  😛

9 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

lol, no it is more I am really curious if its no downstate that draws people or the extra reward. I am sure both apply an impact on how many show but to better understand it, the same as the WR betas, without dividing the two it is really hard to get data points to verify what are the draws or reasons people skip said events. No alternative reasons here, just a logistics' programmer who is a also a gamer that enjoys trying to figure it out.

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

But that must mean people valued downstate so much they'd play WvW with it even without rewards, right?

Rewards lol? You mean the negative 1.76 G per hour it showed a month ago while playing for three hours during reset? What are these things you speak off? 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I wouldn't paint it in such contrast. Is there value in reviewing downstate skills across the board, maybe. Is there value in considering how rally works, maybe. Is there some consideration in the balance in downed versus dead? Should spiking have more value then cleave? Should there be more balance in pyric victories? Should there be an equal price to being dead for both sides? And so fourth. .... It is not a simple issue as we have seen and not a just a this or that topic as you my friend have called me out about having too many choices on polls. Which I got your point, but was also seeing if it wasn't just a yes/no issue. And in my book it turned out not be one or the other but lots of factors. 

So am I pro downstate or against? I am on the side I think we could add more strategical play to it by adjusting it. Make players stop and have to say, revive them or let them die versus numbers win that I would define as we have now. And maybe add, 'Do I spike them and then they are gone even if I die after and have to run back? How far is it for them to run versus me to run?' More impact on thoughtful play.

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

People played when it cost money to actively play it. However, the disparity between rewards in the game modes became so egregious that it cannot be ignored anymore either.

These two statements can be true at the same time:

1. People will play during no downstate week even without rewards, because it is fun
  2. WvW in general does need better rewards because the rewards suck and when Anet does go to add rewards they get cold feet and renege on them part way. 
  • Like 1